How the VA Looks Out For Vets

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
This shouldn't surprise anyone.

The Only Jobs Explicitly Reserved for Veterans at the Department of Veterans Affairs Are Janitors

Housekeeper is the mostly frequently advertised position, which allows the department to keep veteran employment numbers high. Meanwhile, job postings with higher pay and no toilet-cleaning involved, like “motor vehicle operator,” $67,000 secretary, and $40,000 supply clerk, are reserved for current union members.

Read the story @ Report: The Only Jobs Explicitly Reserved for Veterans at the Department of Veterans Affairs Are Janitors

The Only Jobs Explicitly Reserved for Veterans at the Department of Veterans Affairs Are Janitors

Housekeeper is the mostly frequently advertised position, which allows the department to keep veteran employment numbers high. Meanwhile, job postings with higher pay and no toilet-cleaning involved, like “motor vehicle operator,” $67,000 secretary, and $40,000 supply clerk, are reserved for current union members.

Read the story @ Report: The Only Jobs Explicitly Reserved for Veterans at the Department of Veterans Affairs Are Janitors
It's goof this is exposed. It is so wrong!

How long has this been going on? It is simply outrageous.
Public unions have to go.

The biggest force in government at all levels today are the public service unions. They have learned to control and manage Civil Service rules and regulations and have the final word in almost anything their members do.

We rail over Obama's Executive Orders. But, it is the work force that carries them out. No matter what Obama orders or what Congress legislates/mandates, if the unions don't want it, it won't get done.

A simple truth.

The ONLY way to truly "fix" our government is to remove the unions.

The biggest force in government at all levels today are the public service unions. They have learned to control and manage Civil Service rules and regulations and have the final word in almost anything their members do. We rail over Obama's Executive Orders. But, it is the work force that carries them out. No matter what Obama orders or what Congress legislates/mandates, if the unions don't want it, it won't get done. A simple truth. The ONLY way to truly "fix" our government is to remove the unions.
Bravo! What a rant. Trump can no more end public unions than did Reagan. You can hurt him, until they gain power, and make you pay.

So you admit they hold dangerous power?
The biggest force in government at all levels today are the public service unions. They have learned to control and manage Civil Service rules and regulations and have the final word in almost anything their members do. We rail over Obama's Executive Orders. But, it is the work force that carries them out. No matter what Obama orders or what Congress legislates/mandates, if the unions don't want it, it won't get done. A simple truth. The ONLY way to truly "fix" our government is to remove the unions.
Bravo! What a rant. Trump can no more end public unions than did Reagan. You can hurt him, until they gain power, and make you pay.

So you admit they hold dangerous power?
Not at all. Shows how weak is the far right.

You are telling me less than a third are qualified?
And yet less than a third are vets.
Shouldn't they be first in line, if qualified?
why should the va employ only veterans?
Of course.
If they were qualified, they got the veteran points bonus. They go to the head of the line.
i'm telling you that veterans that apply for va jobs are given the veteran bonus points, yes.

so if they're qualified for a job - or as qualified as another applicant in every other way they would receive the job over the non-veteran applicant.

You are telling me less than a third are qualified?
And yet less than a third are vets.
Shouldn't they be first in line, if qualified?
Of course.
If they were qualified, they got the veteran points bonus. They go to the head of the line.
i'm telling you that veterans that apply for va jobs are given the veteran bonus points, yes.

so if they're qualified for a job - or as qualified as another applicant in every other way they would receive the job over the non-veteran applicant.
Yes.

I was a member of the 101st in Viet Nam but I got hit and got discharged. That said, I was once at the office of a business friend of mine when he turned away a paratrooper who had applied for employment with his firm. He told the retired soldier that while he deeply appreciated his military service he simply had no need for combat people at his firm. His firm was not engage in any combat operations with any other firm or government. That's hard but that's the real world.

Give me my way and 25,000 Vets will be hired tomorrow to replace the bureaucratic assholes in the DHS. They will immediately become Border Patrol agents. Then I would hire another 10,000 Vets to replace the assholes in the TSA. This bullshit of men and women fighting for their country and having to wait behind some Xbox playing asshole for a decent job would be a thing of the past. Hell, to be honest - and I'm fully aware that it won't (or can't) happen, is that no one in this country would be allowed to vote unless, and until they have served in the US Military. Period.

Forum List

Back