how to explain gay rights to an idiot

all you're saying is that its stupid to extend the privilege of marriage to homosexuals. I agree.

why is it stupid? Are you not in favor of the state supporting and encouraging gay couples to make lasting stable relationships with their loved ones?

no

The state has no right to support or encourage anything like that in my eyes.....straight or gay.

But the state should not prevent it either.

Marriage is between two consenting individuals. The state should not give a crap about the sex of the two people.....but that is My opinion.

Yes...rare for a conservative...but I am not a religious conservative.....but as a conservative I dont feel anyone should tell me how to live my life and I refuse to be part of telling others how they should live theirs.

1. A "contractual arrangement" does not provide for the tax free transfer of real property to a spouse when the other spouse is deceased and relief from the resulting tax liabilities. On Civil Marriage does that.

- There should be no death tax

2. A "contractual arrangement" does not allow for exemption form the Estate Tax applicable to the sale of a primary home, only Civil Marriage does that. (When a home is sold a single person can claim up to $250,000 in an exemption, $500,000 for a Civilly Married couple. When one spouse dies the surviving spouse can still claim the married exemption for up to two years after the death if the home is sold. This cannot be duplicated with a power of attorney.)

- There should be no death tax

3. A "contractual arrangement" cannot provide for a spousal privilege in the case of a criminal prosecution.

- Sure it could. The existence of any private marriage contract could be used as the standard.

4. A "contractual arrangement" cannot provide for a spouse to be buried in a National Cemetery next to a spouse who was an honorably serving veteran of the United States.

- Sure it could, see #3.

5. A "contractual arrangement" does not convey parenthood upon the birth of a child. A $50 marriage license does, for non-Civilly Married couples it would require a formal adoption costing hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

- A marriage contract doesn't prove paternity either. If there is a divorce then parents have to fight about custody. Marriage solves little here anyway.

6. A "contractual arrangement" does not establish a family relationship recognized under the Family Medical Leave Act so that a person can care for their spouse (or be cared for by them) in times of medical emergency.

- Nor should it. Why should that be a marriage function? We should be able to have anyone we want do this. Our spouse, a relative. We could make it easier to establish who we want to speak for us legally.

7. A "contractual arrangement" cannot waive the tax penalty for employer provided health insurance for a spouse of the same gender. (Same-sex Civilly Married couples are charged this extra tax on employer benefits where Different-sex Civilly Married couples are not.)

- Irrelevant. Private employers should offer the benefits they chose, not the benefits government choses.

8. A "contractual arrangement" does not establish a family relationship under Social Security whereby the surviving spouse can receive benefits at the working spouses rate if higher then their own.

- No one has a right to taxpayer money, BFD.

9. A "contractual arrangement" does not establish a family relationship where a spouse can then sponsor their spouse for immigration purposes.

- Of course it could.

10. Even with a "contractual arrangement" and a will, not being Civilly Married allows for other relatives to step in and challenge a will under probate court and in some states allows those family members to over ride the decrees of the will.​

- So clarify probate laws. There is no need for "marriage" for this.

That being said their are currently hundreds if not thousands more elements on the law dependent on Civil Marriage to define "rights, responsibilities, and benefits" associated with that situation that cannot be duplicated with a "contractual arrangement".

Abominations all - government's unequal treatment of citizens. These should be eliminated and it should be made easier for all citizens to say who they want to have what rights based on themselves.

You need a trust. No family member can step in and challege anything. Not even if the laws of the state specifically permit family challenges to Wills.

Marriage does not transfer property tax free only part of it. The surviving spouse in a community property state holds one half as separate property. Without provisions to the contrary, they can only inherit one half of the deceased spouse's property. The other half goes to children or other heirs. Hold property as joint tenants, which is exactly the way married couples hold real property.

If a gay couple wants to protect their property, they need to see a decent estate planning lawyer, which is exactly what married couples have to do.

Oh, you are a mod now? Congrats. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

BTW, this thread is on gay rights and gay marriage.....but it appears that to people like you, that translates to nothing but images of gay sex, gay sex, and more gay sex.

That's odd....When I think of heteros, their rights, and their marriages, my thoughts don't automatically default to images of straight sex, straight sex, and more straight sex.

Am I alone in not thinking about the sex of other orientations as much as people like you do?

Sex?
Are we talking about sex?
I'm in.
Hey Bodecea...what are you wearing?

My gold "Navy" sweatshirt....does that excite you?

Depends.....

You're not wearing Depends are you?

They failed to mention that "gay marriage" is 100% legal in all states. Just because certain state governments won't recognize it, doesn't mean the "couple" was denied the right to marry.

No state jails, imprisons, or denies homosexuals from exchanging wedding vows.

Next strawman....

Really? So in all states, gay couples can go to the Justice of the Peace and get their marriage license? Gee when did that happen?

A marriage is a religious ceremony. You don't need a Justice of the Peace or any government offical to perform it.

When it comes to the legal stuff, any person can appoint another adult as power of attorney, ect.

Trying to get "gay marriages" recognized by government is an attempt to get society to condone the action and normalize it, when it is not.

Question for all you queer-enablers: Would you raise your children specifically to be gay?
Of course not, because even you libs know its a disgusting, unhealthy, and shameful act.

They failed to mention that "gay marriage" is 100% legal in all states. Just because certain state governments won't recognize it, doesn't mean the "couple" was denied the right to marry.

Next strawman....

Really? So in all states, gay couples can go to the Justice of the Peace and get their marriage license? Gee when did that happen?

A marriage is a religious ceremony. You don't need a Justice of the Peace or any government offical to perform it.

When it comes to the legal stuff, any person can appoint another adult as power of attorney, ect.

Trying to get "gay marriages" recognized by government is an attempt to get society to condone the action and normalize it, when it is not.

Question for all you queer-enablers: Would you raise your children specifically to be gay?
Of course not, because even you libs know its a disgusting, unhealthy, and shameful act.

Marriage does not require a pastor or any religuious figure..

But it DOES require a state issued license...so there goes that theory.

I did not bring my boys up to be heterosexual either...it just worked out that way.

Would you love your child any less if he or she was gay?

why is it stupid? Are you not in favor of the state supporting and encouraging gay couples to make lasting stable relationships with their loved ones?

no

The state has no right to support or encourage anything like that in my eyes.....straight or gay.

Marriage is between two consenting individuals. The state should not give a crap about the sex of the two people.....but that is My opinion.

Yes...rare for a conservative...but I am not a religious conservative.....but as a conservative I dont feel anyone should tell me how to live my life and I refuse to be part of telling others how they should live theirs.

nobody is preventing you from living your life with another person of the same sex.....that is called "tolerance".....

however homosexuals are pushing for societal "acceptance"....and even "belief"......of and in their deviancy...

I did not bring my boys up to be heterosexual either...it just worked out that way.

Hopefully parents would love their children no matter what they were like, that doesn't mean accepting whatever disability, dysfunction or instability they had was normal.

nobody is preventing you from living your life with another person of the same sex.....that is called "tolerance".....

however homosexuals are pushing for societal "acceptance"....and even "belief"......of and in their deviancy...

Deviancy to you maybe. That is for you to deal with.

As for me? What affect does it have on me? Heck...my wife and I are deviants in the eyes of many......I mean...if you saw what went on in our bedroom, you would probably call me sick. Thats ok with me.....becuase it is none of your business...and it has no affect on your life so I dont have to worry about how my actions hurt you.

I see men who ignore their wives and go out with the guys 5 nights a week and sit on the couch for 9 hours watching football as deviants.....but I dont tell them they are oputcasts.

They should have done what I did.....I taught my wife how to play craps and I also turned her into a major jet fan....my life is complete.

Last edited:

Hopefully parents would love their children no matter what they were like, that doesn't mean accepting whatever disability, dysfunction or instability they had was normal.
Who decides what is normal? You? The government?

I dont think you and I will ever see eye to eye on this topic.

As for me? What affect does it have on me? Heck...my wife and I are deviants in the eyes of many......I mean...if you saw what went on in our bedroom, you would probably call me sick. Thats ok with me.....becuase it is none of your business...and it has no affect on your life so I dont have to worry about how my actions hurt you.

I see men who ignore their wives and go out with the guys 5 nights a week and sit on the couch for 9 hours watching football as deviants.....but I dont tell them they are oputcasts.

They should have done what I did.....I taught my wife how to play craps and I also turned her into a major jet fan....my life is complete.
Yep!

I have a friend who's husband speaks out against homosexuals often. He cheated on my friend while she was pregnant, of course she took him back. The other day I saw him complaining about not seeing his kids very much on Facebook, then for the next few days he posted pics from the hunting trip he was on. He is a railroad man, so we won't be home for days at a time, leaving her to do everything with the house and kids, then comes home and then leaves for a hunting trip. Yeah, he is a good example of what we should strive to be. :cuckoo:

OK, so we can put you down as NOT being in favor of the government encouraging gay couples to make lasting stable relationships with their loved ones.

yup...homosexual relationships should not be promoted.....

Homosexual relationships have been going on since the beginning of time. But you don't want to encourage STABLE, LOVING relationships...we get that now.

Even tho it is clear you are cruel and vindictive when it comes to gay couples, I will not reciprocate. I wish nothing but good for heterosexual relationships..and that the government encourage STABLE, LOVING relationships. I just wish the same for us.

You can personally not accept me all you want...but LEGAL acceptance, or rather equality is the American Way. The Constitution and the 14th amendment was not put in place just for people that YOU like.

Next strawman....

Then you believe that that word "marriage" should be striken from all legal documentation, statutes and laws.

Next strawman....

Ah, queer-enablers....reminds me of the 60s when the favorite epithet was "******-lover".

Yep!

I have a friend who's husband speaks out against homosexuals often. He cheated on my friend while she was pregnant, of course she took him back. The other day I saw him complaining about not seeing his kids very much on Facebook, then for the next few days he posted pics from the hunting trip he was on. He is a railroad man, so we won't be home for days at a time, leaving her to do everything with the house and kids, then comes home and then leaves for a hunting trip. Yeah, he is a good example of what we should strive to be. :cuckoo:

Ironic....no?

Look...I dont quite understand the attraction between two men...to me a scruffy face against mine is a major turn off. To me, the mans body is as ugly as they come.

A woman, to me, is a thing of beauty...and I would never give it up.

But that doesnt mean others should not feel differently.

As for my wife?

She loves a mans body....and yes...she loves a woman's body as well.

I guess that REALLY means my life is complete?

Forum List

Back