How to save the planet

Build a belt around the sun whose opacity can be controlled and thus take control of the amount of solar radiation striking the planet at all times.

Move the planet to a slightly more distant orbital radius.

Drop enough iron-bearing chondritic asteroids into the sun to start reducing it's rate of fission.

Zero human GHG emissions, repair all the deforestation and begin sequestration efforts.

One would suppose that the plan to spread black carbon over the Arctic back in the 70's would be an object lesson for thinking people that we aren't even close to knowing enough about either the sun, or our own planet to begin thinking in terms of climate engineering......oops, forgot. You guys aren't thinking people...you guys are "feeling" people....as evidenced by your idiot musings.

Build a belt around the sun whose opacity can be controlled and thus take control of the amount of solar radiation striking the planet at all times.

Move the planet to a slightly more distant orbital radius.

Drop enough iron-bearing chondritic asteroids into the sun to start reducing it's rate of fission.

Zero human GHG emissions, repair all the deforestation and begin sequestration efforts.

Sounds easy enough.

"Before and science gets you" ? ? ?

PS: Descartes was an atheist.

Last edited:
He claimed to be a Catholic, but everyone did then that didn't want to spend some quality time on the rack. Pascal knew him well and thought he was. I'll take Pascal's word and the clear result that Descartes philosophies lead me to: The man was an atheist.

He claimed to be a Catholic, but everyone did then that didn't want to spend some quality time on the rack. Pascal knew him well and thought he was. I'll take Pascal's word and the clear result that Descartes philosophies lead me to: The man was an atheist.

It doesn't seem you are familiar with any of his writing. Descartes was not an atheist. Sorry.

How to save the planet...that's easy.
First...find a young star that is about the same size as the sun...a few billion years from now when our sun ages and shows signs of transitioning into a red giant...move it somewhere else, and replace it in a mathematically perfect position with the younger star.
There. Problem solved.

It doesn't seem you are familiar with any of his writing. Descartes was not an atheist. Sorry.

Given his philosophy, with what actions did he credit god? He flatly rejects the supernatural. In Descartes' universe, all events have causes.

Last edited:

Given his philosophy, with what actions did he credit god? He flatly rejects the supernatural.

What the...now we need steve in here to talk about gays too, that way we stay consistent with turning every thread into gay stuff and arguments about atheist/religion

Given his philosophy, with what actions did he credit god? He flatly rejects the supernatural. In Descartes' universe, all events have causes.

You haven't read any of his works, have you? The First, Second, and Fifth Meditations for example? Your ignorance seems quite complete.

...and then Abe3 did a Google search...and then there were crickets...

You haven't read any of his works, have you? The First, Second, and Fifth Meditations for example? Your ignorance seems quite complete.

Seems? You name the topic and the guy is totally clueless....any topic.

"Before and science gets you" ? ? ?

PS: Descartes was an atheist.

Typo.

Descartes was extremely devout, but he also invented the scientific method which means that he thought that it was important to question everything, remove bias, and that Naturalism was sufficient to explain the material world.

The reason I quote him is because he was so religious and still believed that doubt was important. It's to get people to doubt and question their dogma, doctrines, orthodoxy, and presuppositions.

I'm a nonbeliever and would be most accurately labeled an agnostic.

Forum List

Back