How To Stop Mass Shootings? Abolish Gun-Free Zones.

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Now that we've had yet another mass shooting here in America, everyone is asking how to stop all this. As is the case with most crime in general, criminals respect only one thing >> FORCE. Criminals have to be forced to stop what they do. Sure, we can tighten gun sales to stop crazies and criminals from buying guns, but they'll probably just buy them illegally anyway.

The more effective way to stop mass shootings to to let the mass shooter know that he won't be able to succeed in his mission. That doesn't happen by passing extra strict gun laws like those in New York City, for example. Passing those strict gun laws not only doesn't stop gun violence, it encourages it, and makes more of it happen. All taking guns out of the hands of law-abiding, licensed gun owners does, is make everyone more vulnerable. It gives the mass shooters a green light to go places where they know everyone is UNarmed and defenseless, and shoot the place up. If they had to think, there will be a half dozen gun carriers in that crowd, then 1) in most cases, they wouldn't even show up or 2) if they did, as soon as they fired their first shot, they'd be cut down in a hail of bullets.

If this had been the case, in Paris, Fort Hood, Chattanooga, TN, San Bernardino, etc. hundreds of people now dead, would still be alive.

As it stands right now, I'd say the gun-free zones are one of the biggest causes of mass shootings. Abolish them, and the next couple of mass shooting attempts won't succeed, with the shooters being quickly shot themselves, with minimal damage to innocent, intended victims. Mass shooters will get the message, and the whole phenomenon will dissipate into nothing but bad memories.

Last edited:
One doesn't have to abolish gun free zones, but one has to make anyone who declares an area to be gun free take the following steps.

1. Create a barrier around the zone that cannot be accessed except through control points
2. Search every person entering through said control points.
3. Provide armed security within the zone to provide a response to anyone breaching the barrier.

Third thread on this idiotic idea and that's just this morning.

First - there's no such thing as a "gun free zone" But I'll ask you what I asked in one of the other nutter threads -

So, uh, are you saying a woman survivor said she had time to leave where she was visiting with friends at the xmas party, unlock her locker, get her purse out of her locker, get her gun out of her purse, put her purse back, lock the locker, return to the party and take down the shooters?

Amazing.

How about we stop NRA's helping terrorists buy guns?

12079554_10154343190628327_2806022607845360387_n.jpg

One doesn't have to abolish gun free zones, but one has to make anyone who declares an area to be gun free take the following steps.

1. Create a barrier around the zone that cannot be accessed except through control points
3. Provide armed security within the zone to provide a response to anyone breaching the barrier.
In other words, create a police state, and severely limit freedom?

Gosh, if that's what you want, why would you choose to live in in the US? You'd be so much happier in N. Korea.

TRANSLATION: I have no idea how to help this problem. But I hate what you wrote anyway. So I'll call it names, call you names, offer "solutions" already proven to not work, and violate the Constitution all I want. Maybe I can fool someone into believing any of that will make anything better.

Now that we've had yet another mass shooting here in America, everyone is asking how to stop all this. As is the case with most crime in general, criminals respect only one thing >> FORCE. Criminals have to be forced to stop what they do. Sure, we can tighten gun sales to stop crazies and criminals from buying guns, but they'll probably just buy them illegally anyway.

The more effective way to stop mass shootings to to let the mass shooter know that he won't be able to succeed in his mission. That doesn't happen by passing extra strict gun laws like those in New York City, for example. Passing those strict gun laws not only doesn't stop gun violence, it encourages it, and makes more of it happen. All taking guns out of the hands of law-abiding, licensed gun owners does, is make everyone more vulnerable. It gives the mass shooters a green light to go places where they know everyone is UNarmed and defenseless, and shoot the place up. If they had to think, there will be a half dozen gun carriers in that crowd, then 1) in most cases, they wouldn't even show up or 2) if they did, as soon as they fired their first shot, they'd be cut down in a hail of bullets.

If this had been the case, in Paris, Fort Hood, Chattanooga, TN, San Bernardino, etc. hundreds of people now dead, would still be alive.

As it stands right now, I'd say the gun-free zones are one of the biggest causes of mass shootings. Abolish them, and the next couple of mass shooting attempts won't succeed, with the shooters being quickly shot themselves, with minimal damage to innocent, intended victims. Mass shooters will get the message, and the whole phenomenon will dissipate into nothing but bad memories.
Back in 2007, the 1st 1/2 white candidate for presidency was talking about the FUNDAMENTAL transformation of America. His pastor Reverend Wright was talking about "Chickens coming home to roost". So now after 6 3/4 years of this guy, who was going to lower the oceans and heal the planet, during his watch, the most mass murders in the history of America. With elections comes consequences, and if you want to prevent record high mass murders, then vote out the sorry ass liberals(who breed misery) and put in people who want to make America great again. When people are happy(and yes liberals are never happy) then those people don't reach out and kill others(liberals are never happy once again) so the number of violent crime goes down(unless they are liberal). That is the cure and only takes people to vote the bums out.

a386764c89e6e0f466f5fa7fa0580d6f.jpg

In a few years you will have gun nuts walking around armed to the teeth and something like this will happen.

Sad but true is also you'll have one gun nut mow down another gun nut who was fighting back against the original assailants.

You heard it here first...

All courtesy of the 2nd Amendment.

Not at all, its what is done for courts and airports.

What I'm saying is that if some entity wants to label something a "gun free zone" they have to follow the guidelines used in other places where guns are restricted, and protection is provided.

Gosh, if that's what you want, why would you choose to live in in the US? You'd be so much happier in N. Korea.

You wouldn't do that for places like streets and such. It's what we do for places like courts and airports.

What I am saying is if you want to say a location is "gun free" you have to do something to make sure that is the case.

Good reply! I think about the VA hospital that I go to, which is a strict gun-free zone. As you enter through any door of the complex, you see the standard gun free zone signs on the doors. So do the mass shooters.

What you also see in the lobby is no control points, no barriers, ans no security or police anywhere. This is a smorgasbord for terrorists. The VA needs to either adopt your suggestions, or abolish the gun-free zone policy. Both would be effective. Main difference is the former would be expensive, the latter, absolutely free.

Abolishing gun free zones means that no one is entitled to take action against someone walking into your establishment carrying an arsenal of weapons,

at least until he starts shooting people.

First - there's no such thing as a "gun free zone" But I'll ask you what I asked in one of the other nutter threads -

So, uh, are you saying a woman survivor said she had time to leave where she was visiting with friends at the xmas party, unlock her locker, get her purse out of her locker, get her gun out of her purse, put her purse back, lock the locker, return to the party and take down the shooters?

Amazing.

How about we stop NRA's helping terrorists buy guns?

12079554_10154343190628327_2806022607845360387_n.jpg
Do you suppose that if the so called government did their job, that those with the intent to kill others would be not able to get guns? Why would a fanatical muslim be able to purchase a gun legally , FBI background check given the seller the okay to do it? It isn't the sellers problem but the GOV
In a few years you will have gun nuts walking around armed to the teeth and something like this will happen.

Sad but true is also you'll have one gun nut mow down another gun nut who was fighting back against the original assailants.

You heard it here first...

All courtesy of the 2nd Amendment.
You are such an idiot. How do I know you are one? Because when I lived in Tuscon Az, I was able to openly carry everyday other than in banks and the post office. Not once during the 3 years I was there, was any instance of gun fire from anyone else who lived in that city. Why? Because no one wanted to take a risk on who was faster to the draw. But since you liberal watch Liberalwood(Hollywood) and believe everything that comes out of that degenerate city, you blame the gun, not the liberal behind it killing others. I now live in Virginia, carry concealed a .45 cal auto pistol, I do not go out of my way to find trouble, but if some stupid liberal(redundant statement) wants to get in my face and try to ruin my day, I will be glad to give them the 50 cent solution.

thQI3GTVSD.jpg

That is the obvious answer, yes. This Administration does not want an answer though. They want to use these terrorist attacks as an excuse to disarm the American people. It's a page right out of Jim Jones Cult - telling everyone to drink the communist cool aid.

Gun free zones are killing fields for the bad guys. The answer is to arm every American citizen to the teeth and tell them to use their 2nd amendment rights to defend themselves.

People watch too many hollywood movies.

Yeah, you take an average person who works at Humana or the Water Department and give them a gun and they will turn into Chuck Norris and mow down the bad guys who are often ready to die anyway.

First - there's no such thing as gun-free zones. But I'll ask you what I asked in one of the other nutter threads -

So, uh, are you saying a woman survivor said she had time to leave where she was visiting with friends at the xmas party, unlock her locker, get her purse out of her locker, get her gun out of her purse, put her purse back, lock the locker, return to the party and take down the shooters? Amazing. How about we stop NRA's helping terrorists buy guns?

What is amazing" is you concocting a ludicrous straw man scenario and then expecting USMB readers to accept it as plausible.

1. To say there is "no such thing as gun-free zones" is a perfect example of liberal idiocy/lunacy. One of the dumbest and craziest characteristics of liberals is to take something thay don't like and go around saying it soens't exist. Pheeeeww!! (high pitched whistle)
geez.gif

2. NO. (AS YOU WELL KNOW) I am NOT saying your ridiculous concoction about going to a locker. I'm saying the woman would take the gun out of her pocket and shoot the mass shooter (as would 6 or 7 other CCW license holders. Please don't be absurd. Thank you.

I don't feel like my freedom is being limited by security checks for weapons. Not even a little bit (let alone "severely")

Plus, just think. By these added security measures, then you'll have the ADDED "freedom" to keep on living. Wouldn't that be nice ?

Forum List

Back