How very not odd on the USMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Since "cut and paste" is apparently against some moderators rules. Is the only posting that is to be allowed is the shallow BS we see posted as fact by both sides?

I had a thread locked on Bill being a rapist, allegedly because there were so many and I posted opinion posts instead of posting a rant. Yet a review of the top board indicates that there are far more threads about Trump's "groping" which are not being combined or closed.

Me thinks the USMB is taking on water with a definite tilt to the port side.

There, no cut and paste, are you happy Coyote?

I admit I hadn't yet looked back to find your original closed thread. But I just did.

A lot of the problem with just flopping a video in the OP -- is that only 15% of posters are gonna WATCH the whole thing -- unless you MOTIVATE them to. Even call out the parts you find appropriate. The other 85% are just gonna react to the inflammatory title.

The religious thread link leads to a full document that folks can scan in 30 seconds and get the general idea.
Also the title is very calm and not inflammatory. Would have BETTER if Avatar had quoted a few lines from the piece.

When I clicked your vid -- the first clip is just a guy screaming "Bill Clinton is a Rapist". Which is not exactly material. And it's captioned by a site called "bombIslam.com".. Which is fine for Alex Jones. Sometimes he finds a nut.

I'm sure Coyote didn't care about source of the content, and was only judging on the IMPORTANT issue of
"what is there to discuss in this thread". And "how much NEW information is in there".

Sometimes people disagree on what's important. You happened to get caught up in a moderation effort to cut down on the REPETITION and the threads with weak evidence of the assertion. We HAD to get tougher on thread generation because we were literally moving 25 threads on the SAME topics.

It's insane in Politics right now. And the members don't see the hard work that is done to try to tidy things up. You can take at Badlands and see that we've moved about equal amounts of stuff from the right and the left. And I can find no real bias in moderation this season. We are ALL appalled at what has to PASS for content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back