Suggestion - Can we get timestamps on Rumble videos to work in embedded video links?

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hi, another suggestion for improvement from me.

On USMB, timestamps work when posting embedded youtube videos. This starts the video at the desired time. One way to do it is to post the link to the youtube video, and add #t=XXmYYs where XX and YY are the minutes and seconds where the video is to start.

Rumble is becoming more and more popular, and USMB supports embedded Rumble videos (yay!). However, while Rumble supports timestamps, USMB does not seem to support this feature.

On Rumble, the time stamp can be created by adding ?start=XXXX where XXXX is the starting point in seconds.

Can this feature be implemented? It is really helpful, particularly where very long videos are linked but only a portion of the video is relevant to the point being made.

If there already exists a way to timestamp Rumble videos here, I would appreciate the education.

Thanks for your consideration,
Jim

PS Here is an example....

Link is

rumble.com [slash] v4iryv0-beer-a-pickup-and-an-extremely-large-man-a-police-chase-for-the-ages.html?start=30

Interestingly, if you click the embedded video below, and then click the Rumble icon in the lower right, the video opens at Rumble and is timestamped to start at 30 seconds.

PPS: Even if my post is not interesting to you, I hope you enjoy the video! :)

Last edited:

On USMB, timestamps work when posting embedded youtube videos. This starts the video at the desired time. One way to do it is to post the link to the youtube video, and add #t=XXmYYs where XX and YY are the minutes and seconds where the video is to start.

Rumble is becoming more and more popular, and USMB supports embedded Rumble videos (yay!). However, while Rumble supports timestamps, USMB does not seem to support this feature.

On Rumble, the time stamp can be created by adding ?start=XXXX where XXXX is the starting point in seconds.

Can this feature be implemented? It is really helpful, particularly where very long videos are linked but only a portion of the video is relevant to the point being made.

If there already exists a way to timestamp Rumble videos here, I would appreciate the education.

Jim

Link is

rumble.com [slash] v4iryv0-beer-a-pickup-and-an-extremely-large-man-a-police-chase-for-the-ages.html?start=30

Interestingly, if you click the embedded video below, and then click the Rumble icon in the lower right, the video opens at Rumble and is timestamped to start at 30 seconds.

"Some hillbilly shit" 😂

Jim

Link is

It would have been nice to have this feature here...

Forum List

Back