Zone1 How White People Benefit From Racism with Tracie McMillan

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Not only does this discussion center around how racism in America has also historically hurt white people...

It's a discussion entirely involving white people. Watch....

This is a good conversation with a lot of good truth.

Great comments in the comment section. . .

Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks that actually believe that the solution to this historical problem, is more government intervention, and, "reparations," or a redistribution policy.

iu

Naturally, this will just cause more problems, more social friction, and more hatred between races, this, is not a solution.

Creating NEW social castes and hierarchies, to counter balance the old ones? Is a monumentally stoopid idea, and we are just now starting to see the backlash of such misguided ideas when the establishment has instituted things like "DEI," policies and AA policies which have outlived their usefulness. These sorts of policies should probably be ended when shown to be doing more harm then good, post haste, or they will, in all certainty, cause the social fabric to disintegrate.

What "racism," and the varying degrees of out-group discrimination between different minorities in the U.S., and how they have been treated, are, is in reality, a type of class, or caste system.

This is not unique to this nation. This was an intentional feature by the ruling classes in this nation, and, other nations are dealing with ways of dismantling theirs as well. We all should keep apprised on their efforts and do what works and discard what does not.

Throwing money at the problem? That will only make it worse, and will not make it magically go away.

Britain is still blighted by the class system​

One thousand years after William the Conqueror introduced the feudal system, we still define ourselves in terms of social divisions

The struggle to challenge India's caste system remains real, still​

Adam Conover, the honky doing this video, is a Professional Comedian. A funny man, he tells what are called "jokes", designed to amuse the listener.

Not to be taken seriously at all.

What are you going to share next? The wisdom of Don Rickles?
Here we see a common example of a white racist denying how he benefits from the racism he practices.

This is a good conversation with a lot of good truth.

Great comments in the comment section. . .

Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks that actually believe that the solution to this historical problem, is more government intervention, and, "reparations," or a redistribution policy.

iu

Naturally, this will just cause more problems, more social friction, and more hatred between races, this, is not a solution.

Creating NEW social castes and hierarchies, to counter balance the old ones? Is a monumentally stoopid idea, and we are just now starting to see the backlash of such misguided ideas when the establishment has instituted things like "DEI," policies and AA policies which have outlived their usefulness. These sorts of policies should probably be ended when shown to be doing more harm then good, post haste, or they will, in all certainty, cause the social fabric to disintegrate.

What "racism," and the varying degrees of out-group discrimination between different minorities in the U.S., and how they have been treated, are, is in reality, a type of class, or caste system.

This is not unique to this nation. This was an intentional feature by the ruling classes in this nation, and, other nations are dealing with ways of dismantling theirs as well. We all should keep apprised on their efforts and do what works and discard what does not.

Throwing money at the problem? That will only make it worse, and will not make it magically go away.

Britain is still blighted by the class system​

One thousand years after William the Conqueror introduced the feudal system, we still define ourselves in terms of social divisions

The struggle to challenge India's caste system remains real, still​

Since there is a history of reparations in America, then reparations are a solution. The white middle class was created by the government throwing money at whites while excluding others. Do not use example from other nations to argue against what needs to happen in America.

Last edited:
Since the 70s. the systemic racism pendulum has swung far to the left giving favor to Black students and job applicants. What has kept many in the Black community down is Democrat policies that destroyed the Black nuclear family and Democrat activist leaders who exploit the poor Black people for their own gain.

Since the 70s. the systemic racism pendulum has swung far to the left giving favor to Black students and job applicants. What has kept many in the Black community down is Democrat policies that destroyed the Black nuclear family and Democrat activist leaders who exploit the poor Black people for their own gain.
I am incredulous that the focus continues to be on how bad blacks have it when Jews can’t even show their face on campus, synagogues have to post military men at the door, and Jews are removing the mezzuzum from their front doors.

We should ALL BE ALARMED at the Nazi-level antisemitism that has taken hold in this country. If I were black, I’d be embarrassed to keep complaining about racists when Jews are being demonized the same way they were in Hitler’s day.

Not only does this discussion center around how racism in America has also historically hurt white people...

WE ARE ALL VICTIMS!!!

ITS ANARCHY I TELL YOU

I dont need other people to tell me I am a victim,,

1714352519367.png

This is what white race hustlers have been preaching.

And it is fake news.

I am incredulous that the focus continues to be on how bad blacks have it when Jews can’t even show their face on campus, synagogues have to post military men at the door, and Jews are removing the mezzuzum from their front doors.

We should ALL BE ALARMED at the Nazi-level antisemitism that has taken hold in this country. If I were black, I’d be embarrassed to keep complaining about racists when Jews are being demonized the same way they were in Hitler’s day.
I can't imagine how furious I would be at University "leadership" if my kid was sent home to home school after they were accepted into a an $80K per year Ivy League school because of threats to their safety. This is a total failure of leadership that starts at the White House on down.

I can't imagine how furious I would be at University "leadership" if my kid was sent home to home school after they were accepted into a an $80K per year Ivy League school because of threats to their safety. This is a total failure of leadership that starts at the White House on down.
I think the kids should get a pro-rated amount of their tuition reimbursed, and the funds taken from the administrators who allowed the antisemitism to spin out of control.

A White author calculated just how much racism has benefited her. Here’s what she found​

Journalist and author Tracie McMillan did the math: The advantages she’s gotten over her life from being White, she estimates, amount to $371,934.30.

To calculate that number, McMillan tallied those benefits and divided them into two categories: A family bonus, which includes money her parents spent on her college tuition, educational loans she got from her grandfather and an inheritance; and a social bonus, which includes jobs, apartments and access to credit she’s gotten throughout her life.

Those resources and capital, she concludes, wouldn’t have been available to her if it weren’t for her race.

McMillan, who grew up in rural Michigan and now lives in New York, didn’t have a particularly privileged upbringing by most standards. As she details in the book, she grew up in an abusive household and an unfortunate accident left her mother unable to care for her. In college, McMillan juggled numerous jobs to support herself, and as a working journalist, she’s had her own brushes with poverty.

Despite those hardships, McMillan says the financial advantages she’s experienced because of her race are undeniable.
Her grandparents benefited from federal programs that largely excluded Black people, allowing them to build wealth that was then passed on to the next generation. That enabled her parents to help her pay to attend an elite university, which in turn opened doors to employment opportunities.

But, as she writes in the book, those advantages also come with a cost — not just to Black Americans, but White people like her.

"White people today do not understand — because this history has been hidden from them by previous generations — that somebody in their family got something because they were White."

"Historically, the US has been a lot more honest about the fact that they are denying things to people because they are Black. But the inverse of that is also true. If you’re denying something to one group of people because of their skin color, you’re also by default giving it to the other group."

"
White people do not have tools for that."

The idea that White people are now victims of racism appears to be a key pillar of Donald Trump’s campaign. How might your book help White people see things differently?

"People are mad because they lost a path to the middle class that they could afford, and they’re given this story that it’s because of people who don’t look like them.

So not only are they getting gaslit about their experience of losing this path to the middle class, but they’re seeing people suddenly talk with sympathy about the abuse that people of color have experienced."

Sound familiar?

These are things whites like Lisa, MarathonMike, Hector, CrusaderFrank and all others with the same mindset choose to leave out of the discussion. Tracie McMillan is an example of what right wing whites need to do in order to come to a true understanding of what will fix the problem. Quoting simplistic comments from blacks talking about how racism will end if you don't call me black and I don't call you white is not the answer.

Here we see a common example of a white racist denying how he benefits from the racism he practices.
You really need to stop calling people racists just because they disagree with you. We are in Zone 1.

Do it again, and I’ll report you.

This guy is just another guilt-ridden white liberal making knee jerk excuses for black failure

Boring!

why in the fuck would I watch a video thats telling people they are a victim,,

thats for the brain dead that cant think for themselves,,
She wasn't telling anyone that. Now it's time you racist pricks stopped repeating that gaslighted bs. There is no one black telling each other we are vivtims. I never heard that ---- growing up. I was taught not to let white racism stop me. We teach younger blacks not to let white racism stop them. And I'm here to tell you that this generation of young blacks are out of patience with you white racists. So are young Native Americans, young Asians and young Hispanics. They aren't going to be as diplomatic as we have been. So it's best you listen and work to change because whites are about to be a minorty and if you want done to you what you have done to others, keep up with your attitude.

Forum List

Back