How would you re-tell the gospel from Genesis 15 and Galatians 3:18?

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
If you were working on retelling the gospel from Genesis 15 and Galatians 3:16-18, what would you write?

This is what I'm slowly working on.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Galatians 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

If an inheritance is an act of law, a promise wouldn't be necessary.
There was no law when Abraham and God sat around the campfire. God promised Christ to Abraham and Abraham's seed. To them and through them Christ came.
It was a generational promise and an eternal one between God and His friend.
A promise no law could enforce.

So what have you got so far? How is your work coming along? :)

If you were working on retelling the gospel from Genesis 15 and Galatians 3:16-18, what would you write?

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Galatians 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Paul was confused. seed is not singular anymore than all the stars in the sky is singular.

The promise was that Abraham and his offspring would possess the land. Jesus was not even the least bit concerned with real estate. The inheritance and promise of the law is light and life that Abraham did not know.

"As the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell on Abram. And behold, dreadful and great darkness fell upon him. 13 Then the Lord said to Abram,"......genesis 15:12

also, it is important to notice that whatever God said to Abraham was said in a dream.

Last edited:
1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.
- Deuteronomy 13

Can't speak to Galatians, but re-writing Torah's a no-no.

It would help if you knew what "gospel" meant.

1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.
- Deuteronomy 13

I suspect what he is after is not an adding to the Word, but an adding to our understanding of it.....

- Deuteronomy 13

I suspect what he is after is not an adding to the Word, but an adding to our understanding of it.....

"pluck the beam from your own eye" then you will see clearly the understanding....

- Deuteronomy 13

"pluck the beam from your own eye" then you will see clearly the understanding....

I can't see how anyone who cites Paul, who taught that the law was obsolete, in an attempt to reconcile what is written in the OT concerning the promise made to Abraham, which has nothing whatever to do with the eternity of the law or the promise of eternal life for keeping it, (much less Jesus who taught obedience to the law), can't see that they are changing the Word of God unless they are under the condemnation of God.

If so, they are incapable of clearly seeing anything and never will unless they first shut their mouths, silence their own lying lips, cover themselves with dust and ashes and perhaps for the first time in their lives bear fruit worthy of repentance.......

There was this guy who said "be excellent to each other" and got nailed to a tree for his efforts.

The End.

If an inheritance is an act of law, a promise wouldn't be necessary.
There was no law when Abraham and God sat around the campfire. God promised Christ to Abraham and Abraham's seed. To them and through them Christ came.
It was a generational promise and an eternal one between God and His friend.
A promise no law could enforce.

So what have you got so far? How is your work coming along? :)

An inheritance is a sign of relationship to me too, Irish Ram. Gods promise - His covenant with Abraham wasn't conditional. Contracts are conditional. Covenants speak of relationship. There is no expiration date. God's ways are not mans ways and He sees things we do not.

So God is faithful even when his people were not. ( haven't we all experienced that! ) We see the anointing on Samson at the end of his life. He falls but then repents. Then he destroys all the Dagon worshipers in a single day bringing it crashing down on their heads! God kept his promise to Samson to the very end - which is quite revealing - the mercy, love and faithfulness of God. Samson still belonged to God.

The Dagon worshipers made a critical mistake. They got too close to Samson. God warns, Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm. That isn't a suggestion. That is a command! :eusa_angel:
About the book - I'd quote the scriptures word for word with Book, Chapter, Verse.. then make whatever comment - interpretation of the scripture below, Chuck.

There was this guy who said "be excellent to each other" and got nailed to a tree for his efforts.

The End.

Not the end, Steven.

Jesus Christ was crucified to a tree for the sins of mankind. He shed his blood for the remission of sins. Had Satan known Jesus was about to destroy his kingdom he would never have allowed it. He didn't know.

Jesus rose from the grave on the 3rd day. He ascended into heaven where He is seated at the right hand of the Father - before witnesses I might add.

Jesus Christ is Lord. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess Jesus Christ is Lord. The day is coming. Will people choose eternal life and confess Jesus as their Lord and Savior now and repent of their sins? Or will they wait until it is too late to do so?

Paul was confused. seed is not singular anymore than all the stars in the sky is singular.

The promise was that Abraham and his offspring would possess the land. Jesus was not even the least bit concerned with real estate. The inheritance and promise of the law is light and life that Abraham did not know.

"As the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell on Abram. And behold, dreadful and great darkness fell upon him. 13 Then the Lord said to Abram,"......genesis 15:12

also, it is important to notice that whatever God said to Abraham was said in a dream.

Paul was led by the Holy Spirit. He wasn't confused. Seed can be singular or plural.
Jesus returns to this earth and sets up His Kingdom on the land He inherited from His Father:

Isaiah 19:25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed [be] Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance

He will be the one portioning out the real estate in that area to the satisfaction of all nations involved and with the blessings of the nations involved. Christ knows His real estate.

God told Abraham as soon as they connected, to leave Abraham's father's land and go to a land God would give him. God and Abraham knew the importance of real estate. The world is about to go to war over that very piece of real estate. And Christ will be returning to the scene to make sure that piece of land is preserved. Israel, Jerusalem, command that level of attention.

And honey, Abraham walked around on this earth with God. They promised, they bartered, they ate together, laughed together, all while wide awake. Sarah was serving supper the day God told Abraham, out by the campfire, that Sarah would have his child. Being loooong past child bearing age, she laughed at the prospect:

Genesis 18-15 "'Where is your wife, Sarah?'" they asked.

"'There, in the tent,'" he said.

"Then the Lord said, 'I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son'"

"Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, 'After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?'

"Then the Lord said to Abraham, 'Why did Sarah laugh and say, "Will I really have a child, now that I am old?" Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son.'

"Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, 'I did not laugh.'

"But he said, 'Yes, you did laugh'"

Sarah heard God's plan for her, and she laughed, it was so outrageous.
Then she named her child Isaac, because of that incident. His name means laughter. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
The day is coming. Will people choose eternal life and confess Jesus as their Lord and Savior now and repent of their sins? Or will they wait until it is too late to do so?

Jer, you brought home a very important point about choosing life.
Confessing our sins is important. And repenting is important. Some think that they mean the same thing. Instead, it is a two part system.

Letting God know, that you know, that you have sinned, and grieved Him, and asking for forgiveness
is part 1.

Repentance means to change your mind about the sin in question. To turn away from the sin that kept you separated from your Father. That is part 2.
You can't say, "Oh, sorry God for last Sat. night." and then repeat last Sat. night 7 days later.

You are so right about confessing and [/B ]repenting.

Last edited:
- Deuteronomy 13

I'm more inclined to use it to beat some sense into you.....

The day is coming. Will people choose eternal life and confess Jesus as their Lord and Savior now and repent of their sins? Or will they wait until it is too late to do so?

Jer, you brought home a very important point about choosing life.
Confessing our sins is important. And repenting is important. Some think that they mean the same thing. Instead, it is a two part system.

Letting God know, that you know, that you have sinned, and grieved Him, and asking for forgiveness
is part 1.

Repentance means to change your mind about the sin in question. To turn away from the sin that kept you separated from your Father. That is part 2.
You can't say, "Oh, sorry God for last Sat. night." and then repeat last Sat. night 7 days later.

You are so right about confessing and [/B ]repenting.

Sad that you don't repent for persecuting liberals. "When you do this to them, you do it to me."-Jesus

Forum List

Back