🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How would you save detroit?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
How would you save Detroit?

1. Remove all able bodied people off of welfare. We could focus on job programs(some federal money if needed). Abled bodied doesn't mean throw granny or the disabled dude onto the street.
2. Lower regs and make it easy to start a business.
3. Tax the income
4. Use the tax money to increase the police force to get control of the violence.
5. Outside investment can get into this area once 5. is done. Bigger stores, projects, etc.
6. Increase more to fund education to get more the 30% of the population able to read, write and do jobs.

Detroit needs to do this from the inside out. Somehow, I have my doubts about the population there, but I'm really hoping.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get elected to solve it's problems and neither would anyone that would use my ideas.

Detroit still has dems running it.

You would have to change the mindset that people there have that the dems are here to rescue them, when what they really need to do is rescue themselves.

Open up a tourist company that gives tours of "The Ruins of Detroit."

Force the population out. Camden New Jersey would suit them just fine.

In their absence I'd flatten the place and divide up the loot -- the billions of tons of scrap and so forth.

Next, I'd plant a forest over it.

City government is corrupt and about 18 BILLION dollars in the hole.
In no certain order, the city should:

• Fire all elected officials
  • hold new elections among qualified and vetted candidates with none allowed from among the previously fired group
  • take over by Eminent Domain all the properties within blighted areas (this amounts to many square miles)
  • sell these properties in large blocks (made of of several city blocks each) to investors that will demolish all existing structures, repair infrastructures, construct new buildings and repair roadways to support business and residential communities within a specified time frame (otherwise relinquish the unfinished properties back to the city under Eminent Domain and lose the money spent)
  • tax businesses and residents as the new buildings are occupied
  • limit government employees to essential personnel (few chiefs..lots of indians...no CEO salaries)
  • outsource all accounting and handling of funds to reputable firms under strict transparency and with publication of all transactions as they occur
  • outsource all city services (fire, water, garbage, police, etc) to firms that can be fired for inadequate performance
  • disallow labor unions within essential government employee pool
  • outsource a well armed tactical squad to root and and destroy all gangs and confiscate their weapons (killing the members if necessary)
  • outsource education system

That would be a good start!

Last edited:
Drastic problems call for drastic action...Make Detroit a test tube for freedom.

Make the entire city a tax-free zone, insofar as sales and business taxes/fees are concerned.....Don't even enforce any state sales taxes.

No-permit concealed carry....Let the innocent would-be victims shoot back.

Bulldoze and declare eminent domain on any derelict structure more than 12 month in arrears on property taxes....Condemn any derelict/uninhabitable/out of code structures that are up to date.

Revoke any and all pensions/benefits of retired bureaucrats who don't live in the city.

No unionized city personnel....Ever.

Privatize all public housing.

Privatize all schools.

Disband the city police and fire departments...Devolve the responsibilities to the neighborhoods....It's not as though you can get the Detroit cops to show up anyways.

How would you save Detroit?

1. Remove all able bodied people off of welfare. We could focus on job programs(some federal money if needed). Abled bodied doesn't mean throw granny or the disabled dude onto the street.
2. Lower regs and make it easy to start a business.
3. Tax the income
4. Use the tax money to increase the police force to get control of the violence.
5. Outside investment can get into this area once 5. is done. Bigger stores, projects, etc.
6. Increase more to fund education to get more the 30% of the population able to read, write and do jobs.

Detroit needs to do this from the inside out. Somehow, I have my doubts about the population there, but I'm really hoping.

IMHO the first thing that needs to be done is scaling the city down, it's sized for 2 million+ residents and only has 700K, there's no way it's current tax base can support services for a city that size.

The big questions are , the specific geometry of the city post scale-down and what to do with all the excess land.

Drastic problems call for drastic action...Make Detroit a test tube for freedom.

Make the entire city a tax-free zone, insofar as sales and business taxes/fees are concerned.....Don't even enforce any state sales taxes.

No-permit concealed carry....Let the innocent would-be victims shoot back.

Bulldoze and declare eminent domain on any derelict structure more than 12 month in arrears on property taxes....Condemn any derelict/uninhabitable/out of code structures that are up to date.

Revoke any and all pensions/benefits of retired bureaucrats who don't live in the city.

No unionized city personnel....Ever.

Privatize all public housing.

Privatize all schools.

Disband the city police and fire departments...Devolve the responsibilities to the neighborhoods....It's not as though you can get the Detroit cops to show up anyways.

That^ :clap2:

"How would you save detroit?"

Go to BarackObama.com....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ZQooPHHAA&feature=youtu.be]PURE DETROIT! (Pure Michigan Parody) - YouTube[/ame]

Completely bull doze it down, level it off, plant grass seed and give it back to the Indians.

Forum List

Back