Huckabee Backs Denying Abortion To 10-Year-Old Raped By Stepfather

"... abortion advocates have continued to fight laws that could help prevent tragedies like these. Most recently, the pro-abortion lobby has vigorously opposed attempts in Congress to pass legislation that would make it a federal offense for anyone to evade a state’s parental notice laws by taking a teen for an abortion in another state that does not have such laws. This legislation wouldn’t prevent all teen abortions, but at least it would protect the rights of parents and their daughters.
"....studies have found that..... younger women–especially adolescents–are at significantly higher risk of physical and psychological complications following abortion. But this information is not generally known by the public, and certainly not by the parents who pressure their daughters into abortions.
"In many of these cases, the parents truly believe they are helping to protect their daughter’s future. They have no idea that they are subjecting her to a physical and psychological trauma that will forever scar her life. Nor will the abortion clinics, who have a vested interest in keeping the dangers of abortion secret, explain the full range of risks to teenagers, their parents, or–in the case of judicial bypass–the judges who stand in the place of the parents.
"Abortion is fraught with dangers and risks, especially for younger women who are at greater risk of suffering both physical and psychological complications. The deceptive business practices of abortion clinics–which conceal these risks from these teenaged girls, their parents, and even judges–are nothing less than criminal."

Detrimental Effects of Adolescent Abortion After Abortion

Have you noticed that they shift all blame from the rapist to the people who want to give the girl complete, professional care?

The point is that under the current law the girl couldn't get an abortion, so their arguments are moot
They're arguing that illegal abortion is less risky for a pregnant ten year old than ccare provided by real doctors. They argue for killing women and girls instead of providing them with care, support, and legal protection.

No one is arguing for an ILLEGAL abortion - what part of that do you fail to get through your head? The reason it went to court was to try to get a LEGAL abortion. Please, try to at least stick to rational claims in your rant.

Is abortion legal in Paraguay?

Nope. So yes, you are arguing for illegal abortion.

What part about the court's actions do you not understand?

It's just as wrong for someone to force a woman to have an abortion against her will as it is to force a woman to carry a pregnancy against her will. What's your point? If forcing a child to have an abortion is abuse then so is forcing her to carry the pregnancy.

It's just as wrong for someone to force a woman to have an abortion against her will as it is to force a woman to carry a pregnancy against her will. What's your point? If forcing a child to have an abortion is abuse then so is forcing her to carry the pregnancy.

Stop cross posting. That's a different thread.
You have to wonder about a group of men who want to see ten year olds illegally aborted and denied first rate medical care.

Who's denying a 10 yr old first rate medical care? Or are you making shit up again?
An abortion isn't "medical care". It's abortion, unless there's a medical reason for it to take place which ALMOST NEVER HAPPENS.

Do really believe that REPUBLICAN WOMEN in this country would let their 10 year old daughters give birth to a baby that could well kill her. Do you really BELIEVE that REPUBLICAN men in this country would support their10 year old daughters giving birth?

ufonotcomingback.jpg

You pull out the stats of all the 10 year old girls that have been killed by childbirth. I'll wait.

I want you all to head to Paraguay with Mike Huckabee. Who knows--maybe you can find a 5 to 8 year old girl that can give birth, and that would really light up the candles on your NO exception stance.

You could put her in a factory of rape and incest and she could be giving you babies until she is well into her 40's.

My daughter is a Nurse Practitioner who works with pregnant women--and in pediatrics. The risk to young girls such as 10 are very high--even 12 year olds are at high risk of dying during child birth. But I imagine 12 year old girls are OLD to you.

Yes it is risky. Which is why the bastards who get them pregnant should be reported and imprisoned.

But you don't REDUCE the risk by giving them abortions....you INCREASE it.

Have you noticed that they shift all blame from the rapist to the people who want to give the girl complete, professional care?

The point is that under the current law the girl couldn't get an abortion, so their arguments are moot
They're arguing that illegal abortion is less risky for a pregnant ten year old than ccare provided by real doctors. They argue for killing women and girls instead of providing them with care, support, and legal protection.

No one is arguing for an ILLEGAL abortion - what part of that do you fail to get through your head? The reason it went to court was to try to get a LEGAL abortion. Please, try to at least stick to rational claims in your rant.

Aren't you arguing that she should be given an abortion?

Of course you are. So you are arguing for illegal abortion. What part do you not understand?

You loons are arguing for an abortion for a little girl in a country where it's illegal.

You don't read to well do you? If the court had allowed the abortion it would have been a LEGAL one.
You're arguing that she should get an abortion.

That would be ILLEGAL in Paraguay.

You really are a special kinda stupid, Coyote. Look at you blowing up the site with your fanatical support for child abuse and abortions.

Of course you are. So you are arguing for illegal abortion. What part do you not understand?

I am arguing she should have been - legally. No one wants to see a child or woman having to undergo an illegal and highly risky abortion.

GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee supports Paraguay's decision to deny an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim, he revealed in an interview Sunday.

In an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union," the former Arkansas governor argued that the Paraguayan government's refusal to allow an abortion for the now-11-year-old, who gave birth last week after being raped by her stepfather, prevented a second tragedy.

"Let nobody be misled, a 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible, but does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child?" he asked. He added later, "When I think about one horror, I also think about the possibilities that exist and I just don't want to think that somehow we discounted a human life ... Let's not compound the tragedy by taking yet another life."

Paraguay law allows abortion only “in very rare cases when it’s deemed necessary to save a woman’s life,” ThinkProgress noted.

Huckabee Backs Denying Abortion To 10-Year-Old Raped By Stepfather

Wow, a 10-year-old raped by her stepfather doesn't even qualify for an abortion in Huckabee's mind. That is barbaric! I can't imagine someone like him as president.

Why is this surprising? I'm sure that numerous troglodytes who vote Republican will agree with him. Their superstitions tell them that the girl's misfortune is all part of "God's plan"

Stop cross posting. That's a different thread.

What are you talking about? This is from this thread.

I am arguing she should have been - legally. No one wants to see a child or woman having to undergo an illegal and highly risky abortion.
Any abortion for a ten year old is highly risky. More risky than childbirth. And it's illegal in Paraguay. So are you now arguing against the abortion on a ten year old in Paraguay? Because I could have sworn.....

You loons are arguing for an abortion for a little girl in a country where it's illegal.

You don't read to well do you? If the court had allowed the abortion it would have been a LEGAL one.

You really are a special kinda stupid, Coyote. Look at you blowing up the site with your fanatical support for child abuse and abortions.

I think you're finally blown your nut KG. You post irrational and grammatically incomprehensible responses, you insist people are saying things they haven't (that's called delusional in case you didn't know), you're claiming posts responding to a post you made here belong in another thread, you spam the thread with dubious pro-life claims and now I swear spittle is starting to cover your monitor.

If a court renders a legal opinion allowing it, it's legal. Do you understand that part? That's what courts do. Why do you want to force a ten year old child to have baby at great risk to her health and life when she could have had it aborted earlier, at far less risk? The only thing that comes to mind- despite your onslaught of non-sensical accusations is that you value the life of the fetus OVER the life of the would be mother and this "illegal in Paraguay" nonsense is merely a cover up to deflect from your real position.

Any abortion for a ten year old is highly risky. More risky than childbirth.

Prove it with reputable sources then.

And it's illegal in Paraguay. So are you now arguing against the abortion on a ten year old in Paraguay? Because I could have sworn.....

We've been through that already - I can't dumb it down for you any more.

I think you're finally blown your nut KG. You post irrational and grammatically incomprehensible responses, you insist people are saying things they haven't (that's called delusional in case you didn't know), you're claiming posts responding to a post you made here belong in another thread, you spam the thread with dubious pro-life claims and now I swear spittle is starting to cover your monitor.

If a court renders a legal opinion allowing opinion allowing it, it's legal. Do you understand that part? That's what courts do. Why do you want to force a ten year old child to have baby at great risk to her health and life when she could have had it aborted earlier, at far less risk? The only thing that comes to mind- despite your onslaught of non-sensical accusations is that you value the life of the fetus OVER the life of the would be mother and this "illegal in Paraguay" nonsense is merely a cover up to deflect from your real position.

Ah, scatter shot. Nice.

I will accept your surrender now.

And it's illegal in Paraguay. So are you now arguing against the abortion on a ten year old in Paraguay? Because I could have sworn.....

Er...I quoted the CDC, nitwit. And yes, we have been through this before. You advocate for risky abortion for a ten year old in Paraguay..where abortion is illegal. You advocate illegal, risky abortion.

Er...I quoted the CDC, nitwit. And yes, we have been through this before. You advocate for risky abortion for a ten year old in Paraguay..where abortion is illegal. You advocate illegal, risky abortion.

Ya. In one post. The rest of it was crap and testimonials from pro -birth sources.

What do you NOT understand about courts?

If the court had rendered an opinion allowing an abortion would you still be insisting that it was wrong to allow a 10 year old child to have it? Or would you be advocating allowing a child to be torn up and possibly killed trying to give birth to a baby she is not mature enough to have? (see - I can use hyperbole too)

If a court renders a legal opinion allowing opinion allowing it, it's legal. Do you understand that part? That's what courts do. Why do you want to force a ten year old child to have baby at great risk to her health and life when she could have had it aborted earlier, at far less risk? The only thing that comes to mind- despite your onslaught of non-sensical accusations is that you value the life of the fetus OVER the life of the would be mother and this "illegal in Paraguay" nonsense is merely a cover up to deflect from your real position.

Ah, scatter shot. Nice.

So you really do place less value on the mother's life (even though she is an innocent child) than on the fetus she is carrying. Thank you for finally clarifying that bit up :)

This little girl will be scared and scarred for life. The Republican Taliban want to legislate this atrocity on America.

This little girl will be scared and scarred for life. The Republican Taliban want to legislate this atrocity on America.
Coyote, abortion cheerleader for ten year olds everywhere. Protect those abusers! Rah Rah!

maxresdefault.jpg

Ah, scatter shot. Nice.

So you really do place less value on the mother's life (even though she is an innocent child) than on the fetus she is carrying. Thank you for finally clarifying that bit up :)

Nope. I vote we don't increase her risk of dying by subjecting her to highly risky abortion.

i
It is not an unborn child. It is a fetus. Forcing this 10 year old child to carry a fetus to term is tantamount to ruining her life. Do you diregard the life of a 10 year old child over that of a fetus? Shame on you.
An unborn baby has a heart beat just like the rest of us so why should it suffer because of how it was created. Any person who wants kids but can't have any of their own I am sure would appreciate it if the baby was given to them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. And if the person who is pregnant with the child is not willing to carry the child during the nine month pregnancy period, find someone who is.
1. You cannot put the fetus in another woman's body to carry it to term. And this child of 10 isn't a woman anyway.
2. You are so concerned about the fetus: why no concern as to what having to carry this fetus to term will do the the poor, raped 10 year old child? Physically and emotionally it will damage her beyond measure.
3. I know what giving up a child for adoption does to women, and it is not an easy thing: it is something she has to live with her entire life. It can be extraordinarily painful.
4. Why do you all want to punish this poor 10 year old for being raped? That's the real question: why are you all so eager to so profoundly punish this 10 year old child who was raped by a relative? It's just sick.
5. How quientessentiallly hypocritical to say 'God bless you always,' in the same breath as proposing that a 10 year old rape victim should be forced to live the hell of having the baby of the rapist. Unbelievable.

If the baby can be carried by another person, it should be and then it can be given to a person who wants kids but can not have any of their own.

God bless you and the ten year old girl always!!!

Holly
A 10 year old should not be forced to carry a baby, you moron.
Obviously, you didn't see everything that I said in my previous in this chat, sunshine. I said. "If the baby can be carried by another person, it should be." :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. A baby shouldn't be killed because of the way that it came to be either. To me, it is just as much a victim as the person getting raped if not more.
Holy shit, you really are an idiot. You think you can remove a fetus and let some other woman carry it? I'm at a loss for words. lol

It is not an unborn child. It is a fetus. Forcing this 10 year old child to carry a fetus to term is tantamount to ruining her life. Do you diregard the life of a 10 year old child over that of a fetus? Shame on you.
An unborn baby has a heart beat just like the rest of us so why should it suffer because of how it was created. Any person who wants kids but can't have any of their own I am sure would appreciate it if the baby was given to them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. And if the person who is pregnant with the child is not willing to carry the child during the nine month pregnancy period, find someone who is.
That's disturbingly ghoulish.
Wow. You people make it sound someone who is pregnant is going to be stuck with the child forever when you know that isn't true. Where is it written that a person has to keep their child once it has been born? Oh yeah. Yee haw! That's right! No where! Also, why should a perfectly healthy child be done away with because of the way that it was created? To me, every child that can be saved should be saved. If you do not want the baby, give it up so that those who want kids of their own but can not produce any can have a shot at getting the child for themselves. How would you like it if you were killed because of the way that you were conceived? To me, abortion is and will always be a sheer and severe act of selfishness not to mention murder and if you people can not see that, then obviously I am not the one who has issues. Yes what happened to the girl was awful, but aborting the child that she got pregnant with would only be adding the baby to the list of victims and it would be the girl who make such a thing happen by getting rid of the baby which in my opinion would only make her a follower. Just because she was raped doesn't mean that she has to continue the negative domino affect by killing the child that she got pregnant with. The man who raped her is selfish for doing such a thing to anyone, but doing away with the child by killing it would only make her just as selfish as her rapist if not more. To me, she should take control of the situation that she is in by making sure that another person does not pay for what happened to her like the baby that she is pregnant with for example.

God bless you and her and her baby always!!!

Holly

P.S. Another thing that she could do is her best to make sure that her rapist doesn't feast on anyone else by doing all that she can to get him put away for good.

You are as dumb as a box of rocks. What we are saying is that an 11 year old girl should not be forced to carry a rape baby to term. It's bad enough that she was raped, it's worse that she was forced to carry for 9 months. Whether she should give the baby up for adoption is not the issue, you irrational nutcase.

Childbirth is more likely to be difficult and dangerous for an adolescent than for an adult. Babies born to very young mothers are much more likely to die in the first year of life. Young adolescents do not yet have a fully developed pelvis. Pregnancy for them can result in serious consequences, such as eclampsia, premature labour, prolonged labour, obstructed labour, fistula, anaemia (thin blood) or infant and/or maternal death.

The younger the mother is, the greater the risk to her and her baby. The risk of maternal death related to pregnancy and childbirth for adolescent girls between 15 and 19 years of age accounts for some 70,000 deaths each year.

Facts for Life - Timing Births

You should be locked up in a mental hospital for thinking this girl should have been forced to carry to term.
Also, giving up a baby for adoption is not like going to the movies. It is extremely emotionally painful and the woman suffers that pain for her entire life. Forcing her to carry the fetus to term then forcing her to give it up for adoption, wondering her whole life about that child, suffering emotional pain for giving it up: yeah, let's just pile on and pile on the punishment for this raped child--she deserves it for being raped by her stepfather.

Forum List

Back