Huge Miss- 1st Quarter GDP .01%

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
LMAO- More Obamanomics failures blamed on weather. Hell, weather is more of an impact than shutting the government down. :badgrin:

-Geaux

======================

April 30, 2014, 8:30 a.m. EDT
First-quarter U.S. GDP barely rises, up 0.1%

First-quarter U.S. GDP barely rises, up 0.1% - MarketWatch

By Jeffry Bartash
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Growth in the U.S. economy slowed to a miserly 0.1% annual pace in the first quarter from 2.6% at the end of 2013, a bout of weakness spurred by one of the worst winters in years.

======================

What to Watch in Wednesday’s GDP Report

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2014/04/29/what-to-watch-in-wednesdays-gdp-report/

The U.S. economy’s dismal winter will be on display Wednesday when the Commerce Department releases its first report card on the nation’s economic growth in the first quarter. Gross domestic product, the broadest measure of U.S. economic output, is expected to have expanded at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.1% in the first three months of 2014, according to economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal. That would be far slower than the 2.6% rate in the final three months of 2013 and the slowest since the 1.1% pace seen in the first quarter of 2013.

Here’s what to watch in the report, which will be released at 8:30 a.m. EDT

Last edited:
Obamanomics is still struggling to fix Reaganomics. The evidence is that the economy sucks and it wouldn't have sucked if it wasn't for Reagan.

GDP Shocker: US Economic Growth Crashes To Just 0.1% In Q1

GDP Shocker: US Economic Growth Crashes To Just 0.1% In Q1 | Zero Hedge

Despite consensus at 1.2% growth QoQ, the "weather" destroyed the fragile stimulus-led economy of the US which managed only a de minimus +0.1% QoQ growth (the lowest since Q1 2011). However, as Steve Liesman noted on the heels of Mark Zandi's comments "basically ignore this number" - ok then. Spending on Services, however, surged by the most since 2000 - heralded as great news by some talking heads - but is merely a reflection of the surge in healthcare and heating costs (imagine if it had not been cold and if Obamacare hadn't saved us). As a reminder - this is the growth that is occurring as QE has run its course, as stimulus ends, and as escape velocity nears... if the "weather" can do this much damage to the US economy, should stocks really be trading at the multiple of exuberant future hope that they are?

We have spent more on stimulus than ever before and gotten the worst economic performance for it. Anyone who does not recognize that Keynesiansm is a failure at this point is unteachable.

We have spent more on stimulus than ever before and gotten the worst economic performance for it. Anyone who does not recognize that Keynesiansm is a failure at this point is unteachable.

Agreed- Even taking weather into the equation, this is a huge miss for which they are now saying, weather must have been worse than we thought

The house of cards is crashing. Finally

-Geaux

Ugh. Shit.

On the positive side, the jobs numbers were nice. If we can string together a few 200,000+ figures we may be able to create some momentum towards something resembling a recovery, even though businesses know they're fighting a hostile governmental environment.

This is getting pretty fucking old. Maybe the jobs numbers will create something.

You would think that after 5 years of doubling and tripling down on failing policies that are hurting the economy the admin would try something different.
What this does is bolster the claim many have had stating that Obama and his regime's prime goal was to bring this Republic down on it's knees. So they are succeeding.

Keynesianism doesn't have to be a failure -- In small doses.

Eisenhower used it effectively. FDR, dimocrap moron extraordinaire, needlessly extended the Great Depression by five years using different variations of it.

Bottom line is this.... It really doesn't matter which economic theory dimocrap scum use.... It isn't the theory that is incompetent, it is dimocrap scum.

To think otherwise is a serious mistake because it gives dimocrap scum an 'out', as it were. They can simply come back and say, "Well, we'll try something else, then"

It isn't the economic theory, it isn't the times, it isn't what they inherited, it isn't the weather or a goober-mint shutdown, it isn't anything other than one simple fact....

dimocrap scum would fuck up a one car funeral. They're dishonest, corrupt, lying, thieving, incompetent scum

The reason Bill the rapist Clinton was so 'successful' is that he basically ceded domestic matters, ESPECIALLY the economy, to New Gingrich.

Whatever Gingrich put in front of him, he signed.

dimocraps are just simply stupid. No excuses

Obamanomics is still struggling to fix Reaganomics. The evidence is that the economy sucks and it wouldn't have sucked if it wasn't for Reagan.

Yeah...Reagan was too cheap to send you money so you could stay home and play with yourself instead of getting a job.

We have yet to see a Keynesian response to the meltdown, lad.

What we have seen is some kind WELFARE FOR BILLIONAIRES plan.

And as the economic indcators all suggest the plan worked perfectly for billionaires.

Yeah...Reagan was too cheap to send you money so you could stay home and play with yourself instead of getting a job.
And the problem with that is...?

I was being sarcastic but I know it's hard to tell with the libs on this site. I thought I was being obvious but at least I didn't get lib thanks!

I can tell you by the foreclosures in my area that the crapfest Obama Recovery (which started in summer 2009 don't forget) is a joke. My wife and I are taking advantage of the real estate deals as a matter of fact, and we look forward to being demonized by the losers of life's lottery (aka democrats) in the future as we reap rewards for our hard work and risk taking.

Housing construction is shit right now. Rolled right through winter average or better but oddly enough the calls coming in right now are subpar smaller jobs. Not typical at all for spring.

Enough excuses for Obama. Look no further than his economy. Lets bring back Boooosh

-Geaux

Either the economy is now so bad that it can't be ignored, or liberals are tired of lying for obama.

Forum List

Back