Humans in deep space? Doubt it.

In fact, our rocket technology hasn’t changed in any fundamental way since The Nazis first used them to drop on The English.

In fact, the most recent SLS system from NASA is a step back from The 1960s Saturn V. The SLS uses more fuel per launch with a lower net payload and has a much higher failure rate than its 60-year-old predecessor.

We haven’t been back for a very simple reason. Other than proving we could beat The Soviets, there is no economic or scientific reason for doing so.
That's not true. The Moon is the gateway to the planets. Elon should be building a base on the Moon instead of going straight for Mars.

A base on the moon is not practical, because of moonquakes.

We would want the base in orbit around the Moon, or at one of the LaGrange points.

That's not true. The Moon is the gateway to the planets. Elon should be building a base on the Moon instead of going straight for Mars.

I would submit … if we’re dealing strictly with cost vs benefits… there is even less reason to go to Mars than to The Moon.

The only benefit in going there is to satisfy our sense of adventure and I believe humans have traded our sense of adventure for gender reassignment and nipple piercing.

We aren’t pioneers in anything but mental pathologies.

I would submit … if we’re dealing strictly with cost vs benefits… there is even less reason to go to Mars than to The Moon.

The only benefit in going there is to satisfy our sense of adventure and I believe humans have traded our sense of adventure for gender reassignment and nipple piercing.

We aren’t pioneers in anything but mental pathologies.
The race to the Moon advanced our technology development rate faster than anything than war, and it did it without killing vast numbers of people.

Space exploration is worth it for that reason alone.

I do not believe humans will ever colonize another planet. We are tethered to the Earth by crucial bodily functions and are essentially slaves to water which is incredibly heavy. Did we land on the Moon? At one time I was convinced it was a true event. But now, not so much. Landing people on the Moon would be huge achievement in human history and it would not be ended for over half a century if it was an actual accomplishment. My concern is not based on lack of stars or flapping flags. I think the purported peopled Moon landings were politically staged events not a scientific breakthrough. Today with all of the new superior technolgy in our possession we have not been back. I think it would be too hard to fake it today and that is why it is not happening.

I know there is a lot being bandied about with Mars landings and such. But making that a reality is out of reach in my opinion. We are already on a space ship and that is the Earth. But we cannot get off.

We need what the Earth has and cannot survive without it. Now, we could explore with non human piloted craft operated and controlled by artificial intelligence-AI. But I believe humans are never going into the cosmos as living, breathing, lifeforms.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Do you think humans with their horrific history could engineer a way to escape and infect deep space with their spiritual and physical failures? It's not happening. The experiment is ongoing but it is at a point now where a global collapse is not out of the question.

We will be lucky if we survive much longer on our own planet.

Maybe not, but we’ll keep trying. Why ? Because at some point earth will become uninhabitable for us. Earth has been for the vast majority of time it’s been here. We are just a short time visitor.

I do not believe humans will ever colonize another planet. We are tethered to the Earth by crucial bodily functions and are essentially slaves to water which is incredibly heavy. Did we land on the Moon? At one time I was convinced it was a true event. But now, not so much. Landing people on the Moon would be huge achievement in human history and it would not be ended for over half a century if it was an actual accomplishment. My concern is not based on lack of stars or flapping flags. I think the purported peopled Moon landings were politically staged events not a scientific breakthrough. Today with all of the new superior technolgy in our possession we have not been back. I think it would be too hard to fake it today and that is why it is not happening.

I know there is a lot being bandied about with Mars landings and such. But making that a reality is out of reach in my opinion. We are already on a space ship and that is the Earth. But we cannot get off.

We need what the Earth has and cannot survive without it. Now, we could explore with non human piloted craft operated and controlled by artificial intelligence-AI. But I believe humans are never going into the cosmos as living, breathing, lifeforms.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Do you think humans with their horrific history could engineer a way to escape and infect deep space with their spiritual and physical failures? It's not happening. The experiment is ongoing but it is at a point now where a global collapse is not out of the question.

what is the address of the cave you dwell in?

We can dream. After all, we were as far removed from the awareness of the atom centuries ago as we are now of what will be in the next .

In a few centuries: humans will bd living on dozens of planets in different Star systems

Just a matter of better fuel sources and AI

No it won’t as we are taking fuel from fusion reactors and can get to nearby Star Systems in only decades
Decades ? It’s a death wish. The only sure way you can be sure is through radio astronomy. And even then, nearby stars are generating nothing.

Forum List

Back