Hurricane Milton

It has a chance depending on how the roof is built, how tight those straps are and the wind direction.
I think it's catching on...
1728491582184.jpeg

Not quite. Hurricane winds are lateral winds, they simply blow things to pieces. Tornadic winds have a twisting, sucking, lifting vortex to them with a huge pressure differential over a small area.
Well yes of course....
But the wind speed is the same and it blows in 2 directions instead of circular.
I've been in both....heard the diesel engine too....neither is wonderful to live in the aftermath from.

I cannot believe that homes are not simply designed to take colossal wind down there! It would add about 50% to the cost of the home but save enormously on insurance and post-storm clean up.

They actually are.
Homes built in Florida today have to meet building codes for winds up to 180mph as of 2023.

Before that they've been increasing the requirements for wind mitigation steadily for a very long time.
The older the home the less likely to survive winds.

In addition, growth in Florida is massive with millions flooding in to escape democrat states like NewYork, California, Illinois etc.
I think now only California has a larger population, but if you consider only legal Americans, Florida has the nations largest population BY FAR NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I cannot believe that homes are not simply designed to take colossal wind down there! It would add about 50% to the cost of the home but save enormously on insurance and post-storm clean up.
They have very unique building codes. Too many to get into on this forum but yes, they do have building codes to address the hurricanes. This hurricane is unique in strength.

"Experts are calling for"? How do you get to be an expert? Appear on T.V. once in a while?
My wife and I were having this very discussion this morning. Apparently writing an article for publication is enough for the label regardless of any lack of true knowledge about a subject.

Forum List

Back