Hurriquake hits SoCal.

We’ve been there several times. Witnessed no crime. Seems very safe.
Good. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I have been to Palm Springs many times. Never had a problem. I know someone who lives in Palm Desert who won't leave the house after dark.

My Mother-In-Law lives (well lived in now) Yucaipa CA. We out on Wednesday, her double wide mobile home is reported to have floated away.

Do you think it may be possible that these record high summer temperatures the planet is experiencing this summer is a God memo informing us that if we don't take some drastic collective action to address man-made global warming we aren't going to be able to live on this planet much longer?
Nope.

In the end, this all might be a plus for SOCAL. Lots of summer water to keep the wildfires from cranking up.

In the end, this all might be a plus for SOCAL. Lots of summer water to keep the wildfires from cranking up.
Actually it’s just the opposite. All this water fuels plant growth that dries out and fuels the wildfires that are part of the ecological system of California.

Actually it’s just the opposite. All this water fuels plant growth that dries out and fuels the wildfires that are part of the ecological system of California.
I disagree. There's enough water from the flooding to keep California wet, well into the wet season. It's already almost September and only October is a dry month left. Last year, LA airport got almost 2 inches of rain in November. 3 in December.

And hey, now that California has joined the late summer hurricane crowd, who's to say there won't be more storms coming up.

Hilary wasn't the only tropical storm close to the California coast. There was also Greg and Fernanda, both of which remained in the ocean, but knowing tropical storms as I do, they are unpredictable. California was lucky to get hit with just one.

1692681723327.jpeg

Three simultaneous active tropical cyclones in the Pacific Ocean on August 16, 2023: Tropical Storm Greg (left), Tropical Storm Fernanda (middle), and Tropical Storm Hilary (right)

Last edited:
We have not had much of a summer. May and June were cool and cloudy as always. The mountains had skiing! Even July wasn't terribly warm. Then it cooled off. I'd say six weeks of almost summer temperatures. Then it was like November.

The climate isn't cooperating with the climate change hoax.

Technically, Palm Springs is a gay resort city. More than 50% of the population of Palm Springs is reported to be Gay. I dont believe that, but there are a lot.

Palm Desert is the destination of choice in that area.
There are a lot of gay men only resorts in Palm Springs. The city used to be known as a spring break destination. The city just made itself very unattractive for college kids.

You are right.

Rain fuels plant growth, which has oily leaves to survive drought/desert conditions.
Summertime and fall extremely dry, perfect for fires.
Fires denude areas of vegetation, leaving oily ash that resists water.
Rain comes, causing massive mud/debris slides destroying all it it's path.

There are a lot of gay men only resorts in Palm Springs. The city used to be known as a spring break destination. The city just made itself very unattractive for college kids.
Yep, my in-laws used to live there. The city government cut its own throat when it got hostile to the spring breakers. They would come and have a good time, bring a in a lot of money, and later in life as adults they used Palm Springs as a vacation destination for their familes.

Yep, my in-laws used to live there. The city government cut its own throat when it got hostile to the spring breakers. They would come and have a good time, bring a in a lot of money, and later in life as adults they used Palm Springs as a vacation destination for their familes.
If the college kids would have behaved themselves they could still go. But the drinking, the drugs, rape, vandalism and overdose deaths got them thrown out. Florida is ending spring break there. These kids did it to themselves.

"God?"
LMAO!
Don't you know how hurricanes occur?
But I am intrigued by your "God memo" theory.
Do you think it may be possible that these record high summer temperatures the planet is experiencing this summer is a God memo informing us that if we don't take some drastic collective action to address man-made global warming we aren't going to be able to live on this planet much longer?

No.

Forum List

Back