🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

hypothetical scenario- armed teacher

I couldn't hit the side of a barn from inside the barn with the barn doors closed. If I could get my mitts on some psycho that's one thing, but I'd probably be suffering from a severe case of dead by then.

Most experts and teachers agree that arming teachers is a really dumb and dangerous idea. However, all those extra gun sales would be great for the gun industry and the NRA.

DW5T6kAWkAEI_Pm.jpg

Why not post a link to your so-called experts and teachers? What you're saying is that it's a better idea that everybody in a school be helpless to a mass murderer. Where is the logic in that anyway?

Most experts and teachers agree that arming teachers is a really dumb and dangerous idea. However, all those extra gun sales would be great for the gun industry and the NRA.

DW5T6kAWkAEI_Pm.jpg

Why not post a link to your so-called experts and teachers? What you're saying is that it's a better idea that everybody in a school be helpless to a mass murderer. Where is the logic in that anyway?

Why post links? It's been all over the media for days.

Cops And Educators Agree: Arming Teachers Is A Terrible Idea

why is it you see 100 police cars sitting outside a hostage situation with policemen squatting down behind their cars with their service weapons aimed at the the entrance securing the building and not entering doors or windows shooting at a suspect ?

Because they are trying to get the hostages out alive. When somebody is randomly killing anybody and everybody in sight, you don't squat down and listen.

A laser-aimed pistol would make it much easier to hit the bad guy. But, absent that, an hour or two of handgun training will teach someone how to easily line up the two sights on the pistol to have a good chance of hitting the target.

I repeat: In all the cases where armed private citizens have shot bad guys in public settings, NOT ONCE has a bystander been killed.

DW5T6kAWkAEI_Pm.jpg

EVERYONE BUT BRAIN DEAD RW IDIOTS is saying its better for the kids to have expertly trained security in schools protecting them than it is to have someone that makes their living showing kids how to solve algebra problems

I'm thinking back to my grade school days and I can't imagine any of my teachers, except maybe one, running out into the hall and confronting a shooter. This whole idea is effing crazy. Hire armed security and take better steps to lock the school down. And better yet, when the FBI is notified of a student that may go crazy, act on it.

So who said we are expecting teachers to go down a hall and confront a shooter? What we are saying is that if there are armed faculty, your chances of survival and protecting your kids are much, much better. After all, if a shooter is walking or running down the hallway killing kids, he is only facing one direction. His back is in another direction; a direction an armed teacher could be in

DW5T6kAWkAEI_Pm.jpg

EVERYONE BUT BRAIN DEAD RW IDIOTS is saying its better for the kids to have expertly trained security in schools protecting them than it is to have someone that makes their living showing kids how to solve algebra problems

Of course it is, but how many schools will do it? Professional security doesn't work for free and many schools are on a tight budge as it is.

Trump is absolutely correct. This is not a federal issue. It's a local issue or at best, a state issue.

why is it you see 100 police cars sitting outside a hostage situation with policemen squatting down behind their cars with their service weapons aimed at the the entrance securing building and not entering doors or windows shooting at a suspect ?

Great point. Why is everyone acting like a freaking teacher should go grab a gun and turn into Rambo?

99% of these stupid shits are clueless RW's - making intelligent/complex decisions totally escapes them.

I've been to a two way rifle range in Vietnam, have you?

no ... but Im not a dumbass.

on second thought -- if you are talking about a firefight in a combat situation, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

if not, my other comment stands

That's exactly what I'm talking about, many teachers have combat experience also, they know how to determine a target and pay attention to their field of fire. It's a fact that cops are more likely to shoot an innocent than a concealed carry civilian. But I know facts mean little to you regressives.

ROFL! So if your doctor prescribes a few Zoloft, that means you lose your 2nd Amendment rights?
Better than your idea to let someone who is mentally ill purchase as many AR-15’s as they want.
How would you identify such a person if he has no police record and no record of treatment for mental illness?
As someone not known to be mentally ill.

By who, people that know him? Classmates?

This is the danger of giving Democrats that kind of power; willing to take somebody's rights away because of the opinion of others.

Here he is arguing that this guy, with his long history of behavioral problems and anger issues, was "not known to be mentally ill" yet, yesterday he was ready to take away the rights of EVERYONE receiving ANY treatment for any mental "illness".

He really shows how liberals make civilization impossible.

Well according to him that's not what he said. It sure seems like that's what he said.

DW5T6kAWkAEI_Pm.jpg

That's stupid. Why is everyone insisting that teachers who don't know which end of a gun goes bang are going to be armed? Massive piles of straw here.

Right. Because no warning signs at all.

Stoneman Douglas High School shooting - Wikipedia

"Cruz had behavior issues, and he was transferred between schools six times in three years in order to deal with these problems.[45]

In 2014, he was transferred to a school for children with emotional or learning disabilities, and returned to Stoneman Douglas High School two years later.[45] The Florida Department of Children and Families investigated him in September 2016 for Snapchat posts in which he cut both his arms and said he planned to buy a gun. State investigators reported Cruz had depression, autism, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. I"

"n email from the school administration had circulated among teachers, warning that Cruz had made threats against other students. This led the school to ban him from wearing a backpack on campus."

"A former classmate said Cruz had anger management problems and often joked about guns and gun violence, including "shooting up establishments".[52] A 2016 graduate's brother described him as "super stressed out all the time and talked about guns a lot and tried to hide his face". A student enrolled at the school at the time of the shooting said, "I think everyone had in their minds if anybody was going to do it, it was going to be him."[53] A classmate assigned to work with him in sophomore year said, "He told me how he got kicked out of two private schools."

"The BSO received tips about Cruz's threats to shoot up the school on February 5, 2016, and on November 30, 2017. On September 23, 2016, a peer counselor notified the school resource officer of Cruz's suicide attempt and intent to buy a gun; the school indicated it would do a "threat assessment".[55][56][57] In total, the sheriff's office received 23 calls about Cruz over a decade"

This was my favorite.

"An email from the school administration had circulated among teachers, warning that Cruz had made threats against other students. This led the school to ban him from wearing a backpack on campus."

If a student is making threats credible enough that you ban him from wearing a back pack for fear he will bring weapons to school and use them....

Mmmm.

Like you said, no warnings signs...

lol!
Now you’re flat out lying about what I said, a clear sign you’ve lost the argument.

I never said there were no warning signs.

You said, ”IF they are really dangerous to themselves or others, they need to be institutionalized, not have their weapons choices slightly restricted.”

Despite the numerous times authorities were called to get involved, none of them ever categorized him as a danger to himself or others. No one ever suggested Baker Acting him. So according to your criteria which I just quoted, he would not have been institutionalized or prevented from legally purchasing an AR-15.

You lost that debate, but not being man enough to concede it, you opted to lie about what I said.

I accept your surrender.
thumbsup.gif

The fact that this guy was never institutionalized just shows that we are too slow to do so.

"n email from the school administration had circulated among teachers, warning that Cruz had made threats against other students. This led the school to ban him from wearing a backpack on campus."

Seems they thought he was a danger to others. Yet, the extent of their reaction was to ban him from using a backpack.

How did that work out for everyone involved?
I already told you, you lost this when you lied about my position.

Oh, you mean when you tried to move the goal post to "in school"?

Yeah, I just ignored that, it was too stupid to comment on.
Nope, I moved no goal posts. I said the authorities never identified himself as someone who was a threat to himself or to others. Your deformed conservative brain spit that out as though I said there were no warning signs with Cruz; but I never said that. You lied about what I said which is you, losing the debate. Deal with it.

Which authorities? The ones that banned him from using a back pack for fear he would bring in weapons to the school and use them?

The cops that were always at his house?

The schools that kicked him out for behavioral problems?

The mental health professionals that treated him, at some point, and should have had all that information?

Better than your idea to let someone who is mentally ill purchase as many AR-15’s as they want.
How would you identify such a person if he has no police record and no record of treatment for mental illness?

This is the danger of giving Democrats that kind of power; willing to take somebody's rights away because of the opinion of others.

Here he is arguing that this guy, with his long history of behavioral problems and anger issues, was "not known to be mentally ill" yet, yesterday he was ready to take away the rights of EVERYONE receiving ANY treatment for any mental "illness".

I never said that either. Fuck, you conservatives are brain-dead. :cuckoo:

Can’t you comprehend anything?

I'm not sure what games you are playing, but your intent was clear.

I comprehend you fine.

Hallway_of_Reading_High_School-900x450.jpg

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

So you claim to be an expert gun shooter since you were six? Stan Lee would like to speak to you. It would do his heart good to know he had it right about the existence of mutants. A dual .357 wielding 6 year old is impressive.

In your scenario the teachers position is hopeless. In all honesty, not being a trash Ned gunfighter since I was 6, I’m thinking I would spray and pray, then sadly deal with the fact later that the bullets I fired also hit the kids I was trying to protect.

This is why you let teachers be teachers and hire security professionals to do security. That way there would have only been ONE exit under normal conditions for a shooter to come through. And if the shooter makes it in, the security pro would know where to stick kids, bunker them down then adress the shooter by keeping the gun fight AWAY from the students and teachers.

So you claim to be an expert gun shooter since you were six? Stan Lee would like to speak to you. It would do his heart good to know he had it right about the existence of mutants. A dual .357 wielding 6 year old is impressive.

no I didnt say that- not even close

I clearly said I STARTED SHOOTING RIMFIRE .22's WHEN I WAS SIX ... .357'S @ 12

thats ok though, most Russians cant comprehend written English.

Ok Deadpool.

Well according to him that's not what he said. It sure seems like that's what he said.

The question was how to define those who are mentally ill, so as to deny them of their second amendment rights.

He answer was "anyone" being treated for mental illness, no qualifiers.

A laser-aimed pistol would make it much easier to hit the bad guy. But, absent that, an hour or two of handgun training will teach someone how to easily line up the two sights on the pistol to have a good chance of hitting the target.

I repeat: In all the cases where armed private citizens have shot bad guys in public settings, NOT ONCE has a bystander been killed.

At the Gabby Giffords shooting, there was a "good guy with a gun", who damn near shot the wrong person by his own admission.

Armed Giffords hero nearly shot wrong man

The new poster boy for this agenda is Joe Zamudio, a hero in the Tucson incident. Zamudio was in a nearby drug store when the shooting began, and he was armed. He ran to the scene and helped subdue the killer. Television interviewers are celebrating his courage, and pro-gun blogs are touting his equipment. "Bystander Says Carrying Gun Prompted Him to Help," says the headline in the Wall Street Journal.

But before we embrace Zamudio's brave intervention as proof of the value of being armed, let's hear the whole story. "I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

Advertise

When Zamudio was asked what kind of weapons training he'd had, he answered: "My father raised me around guns … so I'm really comfortable with them. But I've never been in the military or had any professional training. I just reacted."

DW5T6kAWkAEI_Pm.jpg

Everyone isn't saying that. Only your fellow gun control kooks are. The claim that it's more effective was disproven in FL. "Expertly trained security" is also very expensive. It's cheaper to pay bonuses to a dozen teachers to train and carry a concealed weapon than it is to have one full time security gaurd.

as stupid as the RW idiots are on this board I wouldnt want them guarding my bbq smoker much less my grandchildren or daughter

Forum List

Back