Hypothetically, shooting at Walmart... You're armed...

You never heard of “ The Shower FAL “ ?

I thought I was the only one who heard about that. :laughing0301:

75784_460s.jpg

Seriously, if you don't run the other way then you need to fulfill your dreams as a mercenary in the current war.
Anyone who prefaces their remarks with "seriously," indicates that they are usually not serious.

Bad Guys do not operate on your timing or where you expect .

That's true. It's a risk I take when I don't carry into a store or restaurant or whatever, if that's what you're getting at. But there's also a risk of some kid coming up behind me and stealing my gun and running like hell. At my age I ain't going to catch him, so there's also a risk going the other way. Or I shoot at the bad guy and hit some kid instead. Since I'm a retiree without a lot of money, most of what I buy is online stuff except for food and perishables. And if you go to the grocery at 8 am on Sunday morning you have reduced the chances of getting shot considerably. I don't go anywhere at night if I can help it and even with a gun on me I can still get shot if I'm at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's kinda like the jab, you ain't guaranteed of nothin' these days if you carry.

That's true. It's a risk I take when I don't carry into a store or restaurant or whatever, if that's what you're getting at. But there's also a risk of some kid coming up behind me and stealing my gun and running like hell. At my age I ain't going to catch him, so there's also a risk going the other way. Or I shoot at the bad guy and hit some kid instead. Since I'm a retiree without a lot of money, most of what I buy is online stuff except for food and perishables. And if you go to the grocery at 8 am on Sunday morning you have reduced the chances of getting shot considerably. I don't go anywhere at night if I can help it and even with a gun on me I can still get shot if I'm at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's kinda like the jab, you ain't guaranteed of nothin' these days if you carry.
That’s why it’s called conceal Carry , I’ve carried daily since 2011 and have never once felt like someone could access or steal my EDC weapon ( and never been even close to drawing it either )

You're referring to open carry, right? I have seen people carry open in the Walmart here, and have done that myself a few times. But like you said, an exposed weapon can be a risk, so I always keep mine concealed.

Stupidly, the manufacturer of my current car made the spare tire an extra cost option, and stupidly, the original owner of this car chose not to pay for that option.

Fifteen minutes, you say? I have never had a tow truck arrive nearly that swiftly.

On more than one occasion, I've been stranded out in the middle of nowhere with a flat tire, and had to wait hours for a tow truck.

I have a spare tire, now, but there's been enough occasions when I really needed it, and didn't have it.
Yep...just like the police...

You're referring to open carry, right? I have seen people carry open in the Walmart here, and have done that myself a few times. But like you said, an exposed weapon can be a risk, so I always keep mine concealed.
Saw a guy open carrying yesterday.

Probably 1 out of every 5 trips out we see someone open carrying at the store.

I think it's healthy.

People should see citizens open carrying.

Look sharp, dress well, open carry.

Walmart does not allow open carry any more, hasn't in at least two years. Your presence will be announced within moments of entering the store and you will be approached by a member of salaried management and asked to leave the premises. If you refuse, the police will be called and you will be charged with trespassing.

Walmart does not allow open carry any more, hasn't in at least two years. Your presence will be announced within moments of entering the store and you will be approached by a member of salaried management and asked to leave the premises. If you refuse, the police will be called and you will be charged with trespassing.
Fake news. Maybe in New York City.

Not most places in Red states.

They instituted that policy three or four years ago, after some goober made a fashion statement by wearing body armor and carrying a rifle in the parking lot of a Missouri Walmart. THat was the same time they quit selling AR-15 rifles, tactical stuff, and ammunition that would go to pistols or anything they would consider an "assault rifle." I still have four 50-caliber ammo boxes full of that cheap Russian-made 7.62x39 ammo they marked down and closed out, as part of my ammo stash.

It was only in effect until the pandemic hit, then they quit enforcing it. I've talked to several folks open carrying in my local Walmart and none of them have ever been approached by an employee or a manager.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back