Hypothetically, shooting at Walmart... You're armed...

carrying a firearm all the time is paranoid.
But having a fire extinguisher in the house or carrying a spare tire in the car isn't.

When's the last time you had a house fire or a flat.

You don't NEED that fire extinguisher...the fire department is 15 minutes away.

You don't NEED a spare tire... Triple A is only 15 minutes away.

Get it?

What if you can't run? I have knees with no cartilage at this point.
I don't know what you should do. I would think of getting into a clothes rack or maybe a changing room or ...............??

But I wouldn't be armed and that was part of the question. I think that not being armed would improve my chances of getting out of there, as is the case with homeowners who don't have guns in a burglary. Apparently?

Discussing the possibilities serves a good purpose.

So is carrying a spare tire and jack in your car, having a fire extinguisher in your kitchen, owning a weather alert radio, having locks on your doors and windows, or paying for home and life insurance. Right?

Why are you so paranoid? You don't need all that shit.
Yeah, as if they are the same thing. What a bunch of fruitcakes!

Walmarts are easier in many ways than the big grocery stores.
Grocery stores have long shelf lanes, without cover. There may some side shelving areas, but Department stores are full of them, and racks with lots of good to hide in or under (well at least until you do it to your mom, then its your ass).

If I am in Department store I am not trying to go out the back but the side if possible (which may lead to the back as well). One shooter is one thing, but this could be a terrorist attack of some sort and they could be funnelling people into a kill zone of a second shooter.

Also the above is why I am shifting from an older M&Pc to an M&P compact with competition barrel, optic, and improved trigger job. This is happening more so you have to be able to shoot competition distances now (50 meters or under).

You don't NEED a spare tire... Triple A is only 15 minutes away.

Stupidly, the manufacturer of my current car made the spare tire an extra cost option, and stupidly, the original owner of this car chose not to pay for that option.

Fifteen minutes, you say? I have never had a tow truck arrive nearly that swiftly.

On more than one occasion, I've been stranded out in the middle of nowhere with a flat tire, and had to wait hours for a tow truck.

I have a spare tire, now, but there's been enough occasions when I really needed it, and didn't have it.

First, while I do own guns I do not carry them into a Walmart or any other store. In my house or in my car is okay but even though in Texas I don't need a carry permit I don't carry. That said, if I'm in a Walmart or anywhere else and I hear shooting and screaming then I head for the door unless that's where the shooting is. In which case I hide; if I'm carrying I do not go looking for trouble, I hunker down and wait for the cops to show up. I will draw my carry gun if I'm carrying to defend myself should it become necessary, but frankly I'm not a hero and was not trained to be one. But if the bad guy comes at me then I shoot his ass.

First, while I do own guns I do not carry them into a Walmart or any other store. In my house or in my car is okay but even though in Texas I don't need a carry permit I don't carry. That said, if I'm in a Walmart or anywhere else and I hear shooting and screaming then I head for the door unless that's where the shooting is. In which case I hide; if I'm carrying I do not go looking for trouble, I hunker down and wait for the cops to show up. I will draw my carry gun if I'm carrying to defend myself should it become necessary, but frankly I'm not a hero and was not trained to be one. But if the bad guy comes at me then I shoot his ass.
Bad Guys do not operate on your timing or where you expect .

Forum List

Back