I am beginning to see real signs of a major recovery

In the grand scheme of things I'm not seeing any major change but I'm not self employed.

I'm seeing some change and I sure hope it keeps on in that vein.

I have a friend who has his own electritians business. He's doing really well right now. Of course everyone always needs electricians so that might not be a good indicator.

After five years and Barry Boys absolute fuck up on fixing the economy one can only hope its on the way up.

Good God! When our President came into office, we were headed straight for the Second Great Republican Depression. Stock Market was in freefall, we were losing 500,000 jobs or more a month. And now the Market is at all time highs, we are slowly gaining the jobs back, and the future looks good.

But you state that President Obama fucked up the economy! What kind of alternative universe are you living in?

The economy cannot lose 500,000 or 750,000 jobs or more a month. That's a mathematical and economically fallacy.

As for slowly gaining jobs, that's debatable.

Last edited:
Earlier this year my business began to pick up considerably. Now I have bathroom remodels schwduled well into OOctober My phone rings nonstop and has for the last month or so. So much so that I have begun to consider calling Angieslist and asking them to pull my business profile fron the publics view.
I have spoken to several other contractors in related fields and they are reporting the same experience. The jobs aren't little bs jobs either. And to be honest I haven't seen this much demand since before the market crashed.

I HOPE it's real and not just some regional anomaly. If you're self employed have you noticed any substantial uptic in your business?
Mine never slowed down.
What do you do?

Thanks Obama! :up:

Partisanship noted, douche

C'mon, you put this in the Politics forum, not the Economics forum.... You have to expect some political commentary...

I've been seeing improvement in my line of business for awhile now and lately I'm getting slammed. It's going to be a great year.

The advantage of surviving past the hard times.

Those that did not leave you all the business for when things get better :D

Earlier this year my business began to pick up considerably. Now I have bathroom remodels schwduled well into OOctober My phone rings nonstop and has for the last month or so. So much so that I have begun to consider calling Angieslist and asking them to pull my business profile fron the publics view.
I have spoken to several other contractors in related fields and they are reporting the same experience. The jobs aren't little bs jobs either. And to be honest I haven't seen this much demand since before the market crashed.

I HOPE it's real and not just some regional anomaly. If you're self employed have you noticed any substantial uptic in your business?
Mine never slowed down.
What do you do?
Sells stuff and perform a service.

I've been saying this for a while. Things have been moving really slow, but we are in the very early stages of a very long period of growth. I see the economy gaining steam and showing four percent or higher growth by 2017 and continuing on that pace well past 2025. My thinking is not based on anything political or anything the Fed may do with the money supply. It is strictly based on the fact that we have over 75 million people between the age of 20 and 35 who are just now, or will be in the near future, starting their own families, buying new homes, bigger cars, and so on.

Much of the recession and downturn in the economy came about because baby boomers stopped spending money. They stopped buying big houses, and in fact began downsizing, selling their bigger homes as the kids grew up. Consumption saw a major slowdown. As that happened, the economy sagged, and it made it much more difficult for younger people to step in. The thing is that no matter how bad the economy, at a certain point, those young people either need to start their families, whether they can afford it or not, or they will miss out on ever having a family. Most will choose to start families and have kids. Or they just end up having kids accidentally. Either way, things start to move. When you have kids, you need to buy more shit, you need bigger cars, you need a bigger house, so you find ways to make it happen.

Businesses have not been hiring because there just wasn't any demand for more of their products and services. As the Y generation starts their families, we are going to see growth in demand, and slowly but gradually, that is going to have a snowball effect on the economy in a very positive way.

The Fed is backing off QE... it's all about to fizzle.... it's all smoke and mirrors. Get ready for $10 bread.

I think the market and main street have separated to an extent. If the markets are weaned off the printing press we should be fine. If it abruptly stops we're fucked.

The stock market has been performing well because businesses have been performing well, and they've been doing it by cutting back costs. Just imagine what is going to happen to the market once these companies actually see the opportunity to expand. They want to, and they have the funds in cash to do so. Once they see demand begin to increase, this economy is going to take off. A lot of our tax problems will be alleviated when this happens. It won't completely solve the large deficits, but it will change the picture drastically.

There are two things capitalistic economies tend to do. They expand or they don't, but they never stay stuck for too long a period of time. There are cycles and we are nearing the end of a very bad one. Now we can get ready for a fairly long expansion or growth cycle.

Congratulations. Hope you continue to prosper!

I "ve done my share of remodel work. I can tell you here in the DC, MD suburbs, there are so many fucking illegals in home improvements; virtually every Home Depot is replete with crowds of the knapsack wearers, that a white guy who wants to earn decent money has to hire them to do it. Since VA ran them out, they're all up here. Home improvements are a magnet for them - thanks alot republicans, and democrats.
Anyway, I'm glad to see things are picking up for you. It is probably due to the stock market which is over inflated, and sustained by Bernanke. If it takes another dive, I think you will see a suden change. I hope things continue to improve, it is really a sad combination - millions of illegals competing with our citizens, and the bad economy!

Last edited:
I have just visited my friends in NYC and everybody in small business is actually extremely worried - some haven't seen that much downward business even in 2008-09. Even restaurants are less busy. Some to the point of almost closing.
So no, people I know in business actually see everything to the worse.

The car industry has the highest rate of sales in seven years.

Thanks Obama.

Obama is buying those cars?
You're such a sycophant..
Thanks Obama. You may as well thank the fuckin tooth fairy. She had as much to do with increasing car sales as Obama did.
hey, genius, wanna know the real reason for the uptick in auto sales? Easy. People's cars were getting old and now they must buy. Dealers are offering incentives which generate little if any profit on NEW vehicles. The goal of a car dealer is to limit the time his allotment of vehicles sits on his lot. The quick nickel made on a new car sale beats the slow dollar made if that car sits on the lot for the national average which is 60 days, helps the dealer LOSE money.
I have friends in the car and auto loan industries. So don't think you can tell any one shit. Because for every incorrect statement, I will call you on it.
Consumer spending on hard goods and home improvements is a natural economic cycle. In fact, the cycle would have been to recovery MUCH SOONER had Obama stayed the fuck out of the way.
Notice Obama is silent on this news. Why? Because Obama has no interest in a growing economy. In fact, it hurts his agenda of creating more dependency on government.
A free and prosperous people do not vote for big spending politicians who invest in social programs.
Be careful what you wish for.

The Fed is backing off QE... it's all about to fizzle.... it's all smoke and mirrors. Get ready for $10 bread.

I think the market and main street have separated to an extent. If the markets are weaned off the printing press we should be fine. If it abruptly stops we're fucked.

The stock market has been performing well because businesses have been performing well, and they've been doing it by cutting back costs. Just imagine what is going to happen to the market once these companies actually see the opportunity to expand. They want to, and they have the funds in cash to do so. Once they see demand begin to increase, this economy is going to take off. A lot of our tax problems will be alleviated when this happens. It won't completely solve the large deficits, but it will change the picture drastically.

There are two things capitalistic economies tend to do. They expand or they don't, but they never stay stuck for too long a period of time. There are cycles and we are nearing the end of a very bad one. Now we can get ready for a fairly long expansion or growth cycle.
The stock markets are not performing "well"...They are on a sugar rush of fake money pumped in but the federal reserve. The point of QE I,II and III was to prop up the financial markets so as not to scare off investors. The numbers are not real.
In fact, the financial markets, especially the NYSE, AMEX and the NAZ all were leading indicators of the overall health of the US economy. No more. Those institutions exist in a parallel universe.

The car industry has the highest rate of sales in seven years.

Thanks Obama.

Obama is buying those cars?
You're such a sycophant..
Thanks Obama. You may as well thank the fuckin tooth fairy. She had as much to do with increasing car sales as Obama did.
hey, genius, wanna know the real reason for the uptick in auto sales? Easy. People's cars were getting old and now they must buy. Dealers are offering incentives which generate little if any profit on NEW vehicles. The goal of a car dealer is to limit the time his allotment of vehicles sits on his lot. The quick nickel made on a new car sale beats the slow dollar made if that car sits on the lot for the national average which is 60 days, helps the dealer LOSE money.
I have friends in the car and auto loan industries. So don't think you can tell any one shit. Because for every incorrect statement, I will call you on it.
Consumer spending on hard goods and home improvements is a natural economic cycle. In fact, the cycle would have been to recovery MUCH SOONER had Obama stayed the fuck out of the way.
Notice Obama is silent on this news. Why? Because Obama has no interest in a growing economy. In fact, it hurts his agenda of creating more dependency on government.
A free and prosperous people do not vote for big spending politicians who invest in social programs.
Be careful what you wish for.

How ya doin' coach?

This post of yours is total bullshit. I suppose you are a proponent of linear hitting as well.

After you look that up, please respond.

thats good news gramps. And coming from a average Joe like you and not some media outlet is refreshing.

On my end, people are still losing work over that sequester. The USAF wing I support has over 45 million cut and of course they asked my company to make cuts, were sitting at 160 layoffs at the moment.

Once upon a time we have 6 phased array mechanical radars working 24/7 at Kennedy Space Center now we have 2. Due to the cutbacks. I keep hearing from the USAF that in October we can get them running again.

I have just visited my friends in NYC and everybody in small business is actually extremely worried - some haven't seen that much downward business even in 2008-09. Even restaurants are less busy. Some to the point of almost closing.

That's strange. All the restaurants I goto usually involve a 30 minute wait or more for a table. I smell an agenda.

That's strange. All the restaurants I goto usually involve a 30 minute wait or more for a table. I smell an agenda.

He is clearly embellishing. He probably heard about a restaurant doing badly...and there is his data.

http://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/ny12.pdf

Forum List

Back