I am beginning to think having 300 million +guns in the country isn't working out...

But they knew that guns were killing people.
No gun has ever killed anyone, ever! Until you get that straight, there is no point in dicussing this.

If I push you off a cliff where you to your death, did the ground kill you? Gravity?

If you willfully jump off that cliff and fall to your death, did the ground kill you?

Oh please with the fucking NRA soundbites.

We've already done that PEOPLE WITH GUNS kill more easily than people without guns. Why the fuck do we have to go back to "no gun has ever killed anyone" like you're talking to some uneducated redneck?

Look.

In the US 140 police officers, all of them presumably armed, were killed in the line of duty. If this had been the UK, the same rate would have seen 28 police officers killed in the line of duty. In the UK where most police officers are not armed, zero police officers were killed in the line of duty.

You have to go back to October 1999 to have seen 28 police officers killed in the line of duty. 19 years. So, a police officer in the US is 19 times more likely to get killed in the line of duty than a British officer.

On top of this only six of these officers were shot, in 19 years.

67 (of my count is right) were killed by gunfire. That's about half.

Now, people claim that a person is safer with a gun because they can defend themselves. But clearly these police officers have guns, they can defend themselves, and yet 67 of them were killed by people with guns. Others were killed due to other events.
In the UK this was 6 in 19 years, the US 67 in one years by guns.

Who do guns save?

Forcible rape rate in the U.S. in 2016, by state | Statistic

Alaska has the highest rape rate in the US. It appears to be nearly double the next rate. They have guns in Alaska right?

Here's where you're most likely to own a gun

61.75 of Alaskans own guns. So why do they have such a high rate of rape if these guns are protecting them?

Highest rate of gun ownership and highest rape rate. Doesn't add up.

Idaho has the second highest rate of gun ownership and is in the top half of states for rape statistics.

New Jersey has the lowest rape rate in the country and the third lowest gun ownership in the country.

These are the facts. You're just coming at me with soundbites.
Blah blah blah

You still don't get the point.

You will never stop murder or mass murder, or any other crime by passing more laws and restricting freedom. All you will do is take guns waya from law-abiding and leave them defenseless against criminals, the biggest criminal being the fucking government. See my signature quote.

it is pointless to try and convince me with a bunch of statistics. that does not matter.

more guns, not less. Machine guns for everyone, including children.

End of discussion.

I wonder what level of killings there would have to be before the gun nuts would consider any form of control ?

I wonder what level of killings there would have to be before the gun nuts would consider any form of control ?
As long as we are in control of the government with the most powerful military the world has ever known, we need to be able to keep that government, and its all-powerful militarty, in check. We the people must have the ability to stop our government, if necessary.

The World should thank the people of the United States for arming themselves and keeping that bad ass military in check.

Now, did you say something about people getting killed? I got distracted by the way more important point I made above.

No gun has ever killed anyone, ever! Until you get that straight, there is no point in dicussing this.

If I push you off a cliff where you to your death, did the ground kill you? Gravity?

If you willfully jump off that cliff and fall to your death, did the ground kill you?

We've already done that PEOPLE WITH GUNS kill more easily than people without guns. Why the fuck do we have to go back to "no gun has ever killed anyone" like you're talking to some uneducated redneck?

Look.

In the US 140 police officers, all of them presumably armed, were killed in the line of duty. If this had been the UK, the same rate would have seen 28 police officers killed in the line of duty. In the UK where most police officers are not armed, zero police officers were killed in the line of duty.

You have to go back to October 1999 to have seen 28 police officers killed in the line of duty. 19 years. So, a police officer in the US is 19 times more likely to get killed in the line of duty than a British officer.

Now, people claim that a person is safer with a gun because they can defend themselves. But clearly these police officers have guns, they can defend themselves, and yet 67 of them were killed by people with guns. Others were killed due to other events.

Who do guns save?

Alaska has the highest rape rate in the US. It appears to be nearly double the next rate. They have guns in Alaska right?

61.75 of Alaskans own guns. So why do they have such a high rate of rape if these guns are protecting them?

Idaho has the second highest rate of gun ownership and is in the top half of states for rape statistics.

New Jersey has the lowest rape rate in the country and the third lowest gun ownership in the country.

Blah blah blah

You will never stop murder or mass murder, or any other crime by passing more laws and restricting freedom. All you will do is take guns waya from law-abiding and leave them defenseless against criminals, the biggest criminal being the fucking government. See my signature quote.

it is pointless to try and convince me with a bunch of statistics. that does not matter.

End of discussion.

"Blah blah blah"? How fucking old are you?

No, you will never stop murder from happening. We're not talking about STOPPING murder from happening, but reducing it.

The US has 4 times more murder than the rest of the first world and your response is basically "if you can't stop all murders, then don't bother trying." Oh, wonderful.

But you can stop some murders by restricting firearms.

So, in the UK citizens are defenseless against the criminals, the police are defenseless against the criminals, and they don't die. Other crimes are at about similar levels.

I have no doubt that facts, statistics, logic, etc won't work on people like you. I've seen hundreds and hundreds of posters like you ignore reality.

The NRA is not pro-gun enough you silly bastard. LOL
Luckily gun nuts like you are only about 20% at most. Loudmouth idiots who want machine guns... 80% Want good background checks and no bump stocks or automatic weapons...

Prior to the Vegas shooting 80% of the people didn't know what a bump stock was.

No kidding, I would have thought people kill people. Don't ya just hate when you go to clean your gun and you find out it went out to kill someone.

Go see my previous post. #159

Sure, you may want to forward your insight to someone line Rob Emanuel.

13 Charts Put America's Gun Violence in Perspective

Look.

Who do guns save?

Blah blah blah

End of discussion.
As long as we are in control of the government with the most powerful military the world has ever known, we need to be able to keep that government, and its all-powerful militarty, in check. We the people must have the ability to stop our government, if necessary.

The World should thank the people of the United States for arming themselves and keeping that bad ass military in check.

Now, did you say something about people getting killed? I got distracted by the way more important point I made above.
You are delusional.

Luckily gun nuts like you are only about 20% at most. Loudmouth idiots who want machine guns... 80% Want good background checks and no bump stocks or automatic weapons...

Prior to the Vegas shooting 80% of the people didn't know what a bump stock was.

No kidding, I would have thought people kill people. Don't ya just hate when you go to clean your gun and you find out it went out to kill someone.

So you have nothing to say.

It's always nice when you know your arguments are so water tight, that people can't argue against them.

It's always nice when you know your arguments are so water tight, that people can't argue against them.

Was just about ready to ask you the same question.

Was just about ready to ask you the same question.

Funny that, seeing as I didn't ask a question....

Look, either talk about the topic or go away.

I have no doubt that facts, statistics, logic, etc won't work on people like you. I've seen hundreds and hundreds of posters like you ignore reality.
It won't work on people like me because I know a solution when I see one, and the solution you offer will not fix the problem. And,your "solution" fails to address the more important issue, which you continue to willfully ignore.

It won't work on people like me because I know a solution when I see one, and the solution you offer will not fix the problem. And,your "solution" fails to address the more important issue, which you continue to willfully ignore.

Well, you're half right.

The solution to the gun problem is not just dealing with guns.

Changing the political system would have to be number one, because with the current group of fuckheads in the Democrat and Republican parties having been bought by the rich, then nothing will ever change in the interests of the people.

At the same time you're talking about solutions in short soundbites and nothing more.

Explain how guns will be banned
Will be or could be? I don't know the future but there are a lot of ways firearms could be controlled. Legislation could be passed severely restricting the ownership of handguns and military style semi automatics. Carry of long guns in an urban setting could effectively be prohibited.

Don't we have laws against carrying bags of heroin and cocaine on the books? How is that working out????
Is there a reason why 11 school shootings in 23 days doesn't bother you?

Changing the political system would have to be number one, because with the current group of fuckheads in the Democrat and Republican parties having been bought by the rich, then nothing will ever change in the interests of the people.
And, if the current group of fuckheads don't want to change or if they want to continue to fuck us over, what remedy do we have?

Voting?

At some point, the government or political elite must behave or be focibly removed. How can we the people do that?

And, if the current group of fuckheads don't want to change or if they want to continue to fuck us over, what remedy do we have?

Voting?

At some point, the government or political elite must behave or be focibly removed. How can we the people do that?
Become communists.

:thanks:

Voting?

Actually they can be removed with voting. It just takes the voters to pull their heads out of their asses and do something.

Do you know how many Americans know what Proportional Representation is? Not many. Maybe 1%. Or maybe those who know what it is know how dangerous it is to their ability to be able to buy Congress.

Why don't the voters actually vote for THE PEOPLE rather than for the rich people?

Why don't the voters actually vote for THE PEOPLE rather than for the rich people?
The choice we had in the last election was a crazy, nacissist asshole obsesed with power verses a crazy, narcissit asshole obsessed with power.

That's all we ever get. We MUST have the power to resist. It is the only way narcissists remain in check.

Well, there is no way armed citizens can fight the military, you say?

That is why we need...

FUCKING MACHINE GUNS!!!

The choice we had in the last election was a crazy, nacissist asshole obsesed with power verses a crazy, narcissit asshole obsessed with power.

That's all we ever get. We MUST have the power to resist. It is the only way narcissists remain in check.

Well, there is no way armed citizens can fight the military, you say?

That is why we need...

FUCKING MACHINE GUNS!!!

The problem here is that in September the Germans went to the polls, and they had a choice between many parties, and if they voted for one of these parties, their vote would count.

Amazing what actual democracy can do.

Forum List

Back