I Am Offended By Notre Dame's Name

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
WRlogo.jpg

President Obama seems think that one of the more important issues out there is the name of the NFL team in Washington D.C. He seems to think that we should listen to a small percentage of people who are offended by the Redskin name instead of the majority who don't even see the racism in it. Obama open to name change for Washington Redskins | Fox News

Well, if that's the way they want to be then I am offended when Notre Dame calls themselves the Fighting Irish. That's racist. It assumes that all Irish are prone to violence. Seems whenever one atheist is offended by some religious artifact or one small group is offended about a teams name it shouldn't just be liberal's political action committees that get their way. Everyone should get their way.

Last edited:
WRlogo.jpg

President Obama seems think that one of the more important issues out there is the name of the NFL team in Washington D.C. He seems to think that we should listen to a small percentage of people who are offended by the Redskin name instead of the majority who don't even see the racism in it. Obama open to name change for Washington Redskins | Fox News

Well, if that's the way they want to be then I am offended when Notre Dame calls themselves the Fighting Irish. That's racist. It assumes that all Irish are prone to violence. Seems whenever one atheist is offended by some religious artifact or one small group is offended about a teams name it shouldn't just be liberal's political action committees that get their way. Everyone should get their way.

You have a point, I think.

Now if you can convince a significant IRISH organization to complain about it, I don't doubt you could get it changed.

Except you and I both know that won't happen because the Irish Americans are NOT offended since plenty of them actually have something to do with Notre Dame...UNLIKE the American Indians and the WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

Yes, Notre Dame should consider something more in line with reality than unfair stereotypes: like The Drunken Irish.

WRlogo.jpg

Obabble would change Notre Dame to "Yo Mama" if he had his way.

President Obama seems think that one of the more important issues out there is the name of the NFL team in Washington D.C.

I'm a Redskin fan. Sorry, the left is correct. We like the name because we hate Indians. I mean who would name their team after something they respect? What other team gives it's team a name with a positive connotation? Nobody.

Would any of you asswipes that think this is just being "PC" call a Native American a "Redskin" to his or her face?

The problem with your question is that you've successfully made it so nobody knows who the stick up their ass PC left is. So unless we get to know someone first, people are trained not to use any term that could be offensive to anyone. That is not the same as what you are trying to imply with your loaded question.

A good rule in life is never to take offense where none is intended. This would be a much better country if you people learned that. Though you won't because you have a stick up your ass with an agenda. Being offended is core to your gig.

Hail to the Redskins!

President Obama seems think that one of the more important issues out there is the name of the NFL team in Washington D.C.

I'm a Redskin fan. Sorry, the left is correct. We like the name because we hate Indians. I mean who would name their team after something they respect? What other team gives it's team a name with a positive connotation? Nobody.

Nobody thinks that anyone hates Native Americans, but the name is offensive. Would you call a Native American a "redskin" to his or her face?

Forum List

Back