I Am Offended By Notre Dame's Name

WRlogo.jpg

President Obama seems think that one of the more important issues out there is the name of the NFL team in Washington D.C. He seems to think that we should listen to a small percentage of people who are offended by the Redskin name instead of the majority who don't even see the racism in it. Obama open to name change for Washington Redskins | Fox News

Well, if that's the way they want to be then I am offended when Notre Dame calls themselves the Fighting Irish. That's racist. It assumes that all Irish are prone to violence. Seems whenever one atheist is offended by some religious artifact or one small group is offended about a teams name it shouldn't just be liberal's political action committees that get their way. Everyone should get their way.

Obabble would change Notre Dame to "Yo Mama" if he had his way.

He saw a little liberal indian boy who had been brainwashed to be offended by his parents and thought wow, if he had a son he would look like that.

President Obama seems think that one of the more important issues out there is the name of the NFL team in Washington D.C.

I'm a Redskin fan. Sorry, the left is correct. We like the name because we hate Indians. I mean who would name their team after something they respect? What other team gives it's team a name with a positive connotation? Nobody.

Nobody thinks that anyone hates Native Americans, but the name is offensive. Would you call a Native American a "redskin" to his or her face?

Answered above. Political Correctness is a weapon for you. You want to be offended.

Would any of you asswipes that think this is just being "PC" call a Native American a "Redskin" to his or her face?

The problem with your question is that you've successfully made it so nobody knows who the stick up their ass PC left is. So unless we get to know someone first, people are trained not to use any term that could be offensive to anyone. That is not the same as what you are trying to imply with your loaded question.

A good rule in life is never to take offense where none is intended. This would be a much better country if you people learned that. Though you won't because you have a stick up your ass with an agenda. Being offended is core to your gig.

Hail to the Redskins!

It doesn't matter if it doesn't intend to offend, it does. Maybe in 1932 they didn't care much about offending the Native American population, but it is now 2013 and calling someone a "redskin" isn't okay. In 1932 the N word was pretty common too.

Change the fucking name.

President Obama seems think that one of the more important issues out there is the name of the NFL team in Washington D.C.

I'm a Redskin fan. Sorry, the left is correct. We like the name because we hate Indians. I mean who would name their team after something they respect? What other team gives it's team a name with a positive connotation? Nobody.

Nobody thinks that anyone hates Native Americans, but the name is offensive. Would you call a Native American a "redskin" to his or her face?

There are some people who will be offended by anything. I don't see a massive groundswell movement opposing the Redskins name, what I see is mostly chattering from the media class, and the usual "professional victim" groups getting all hot and bothered by it.

There are some people who will be offended by anything. I don't see a massive groundswell movement opposing the Redskins name, what I see is mostly chattering from the media class, and the usual "professional victim" groups getting all hot and bothered by it.

This isn't "anything" this is akin to calling a black person the N word to a Native American. Would it be okay to have a team called the N words? No. Just because there are fewer Native Americans than blacks shouldn't mean that a racist epithet gets to be the name of a national football team.

Hail to the Redskins!

It doesn't matter if it doesn't intend to offend, it does.

It does you, you're not a Redskin fan, you have a stick up your ass, you want to be offended. Here's the trick, if we change the name, you will still be offended. It's who you are.

Maybe in 1932 they didn't care much about offending the Native American population, but it is now 2013 and calling someone a "redskin" isn't okay. In 1932 the N word was pretty common too.

Change the fucking name.

Name a black school that calls itself the "N word," then I'll consider they are the same.

This isn't "anything" this is akin to calling a black person the N word to a Native American. Would it be okay to have a team called the N words? No. Just because there are fewer Native Americans than blacks shouldn't mean that a racist epithet gets to be the name of a national football team.

The terms are not equatable, as the term "******" was ALWAYS a term of subservience and slavery. The term "redskin" was used against an enemy that fought back, thus its use as a team nickname. One doesnt name teams for something beaten down and defeated, as the term "******" would imply.

The closest "redskin" equivalent for blacks would be "Zulu" in my opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Hail to the Redskins!

It doesn't matter if it doesn't intend to offend, it does.

It does you, you're not a Redskin fan, you have a stick up your ass, you want to be offended. Here's the trick, if we change the name, you will still be offended. It's who you are.

Maybe in 1932 they didn't care much about offending the Native American population, but it is now 2013 and calling someone a "redskin" isn't okay. In 1932 the N word was pretty common too.

Change the fucking name.

Name a black school that calls itself the "N word," then I'll consider they are the same.

It's native Americans that are offended.

:clap:

Why do they hate Irish people so much?

Do they think they're better than Irish people?

Horrible.

Racists.

I'm Irish!

Anyone who thinks they're better than me has got a fight on their hands!

Anyone who doesn't think I'm nice is gonna get their ass kicked!

'cause the Irish don't fight!

Libturds..... How stupid can people get?

I guess the answer is sitting in the white House right now.....

The term "Redskin" developed over three centuries ago when Native Americans would prepare themselves for battle by painting themselves with Red WAR Paint to make themselves look terrifying.

See a bunch of Native Americans running around? No problem. They're just hanging out. Don't bother them and they probably won't bother you

But if you see them in Red War Paint? You better watch yer ass.

"Hey, Deer Slayer!! Where ya been?"

"Well, I walked 200 miles from Albany to here and I saw some Redskins heading this way. You better alert the Militia!"

Now, if he just saw a band of Native Indians with their women and children heading toward a Trading Post.....?

No biggie. Probably not even worth mentioning.

"Redskins" were fierce, in a fighting mood and people to be afraid of.... Intimidating, tough, determined and in a bad mood.

Like an American Football team.

Back in the day, Julius Caesar wrote of how the British would paint themselves Blue and fight naked. Screaming and yelling and acting like berserkers.

With their women who were also naked and painted blue and fighters.

Scared the bejesus out of the Romans. They left but came back later and conquered Britain.

Maybe the Brits ran out of blue paint and naked women :dunno:

We've told this "Redskin" story to libturd morons fifty times but they don't listen. I even wrote to the WaPo. They didn't print my letter but they did a small story on this fact and buried it to the point that I can't find it anymore.

They know better. They've been told (the elitist scum in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM, I mean) but they don't care to tell the rank and file idiot in the libturd nation....

Mostly because.... Well, they're just stupid

The terms are not equatable, as the term "******" was ALWAYS a term of subservience and slavery. The term "redskin" was used against an enemy that fought back, thus its use as a team nickname. One doesnt name teams for something beaten down and defeated, as the term "******" would imply.

Yours is not the opinion shared by Native Americans who find the word as offensive as the n word.

This isn't "anything" this is akin to calling a black person the N word to a Native American

This is the agenda. Creating "N words" for other groups, it's part of your "I want to be offended" campaign. It's called "political" correctness for a reason.

BTW, the majority of Redskin fans have to be liberal, DC is a very liberal town. I lived there 20 years. I met like three liberal fans who wanted to change the name. Most of them are like you. Liberal, want to be offended, it means nothing to you except for your sanctimony.

This is the agenda. Creating "N words" for other groups, it's part of your "I want to be offended" campaign. It's called "political" correctness for a reason.

BTW, the majority of Redskin fans have to be liberal, DC is a very liberal town. I lived there 20 years. I met like three liberal fans who wanted to change the name. Most of them are like you. Liberal, want to be offended, it means nothing to you except for your sanctimony.
I would've thought they wanted a better offensive line?

Zulu is an excellent example, marty.

They used Redskins originally because they were in Boston and the Braves were still there as well. They wanted to use the indian theme, but with a different word than "Brave." The term was actually created by the Algonquian indians and referred not to their skin color but their red war paint.

Yours is not the opinion shared by Native Americans who find the word as offensive as the n word.

Once again, pulling facts out of your ass. Actually, polls of indians say the majority say the name is not offensive. Once again caught just making up your shit. If you weren't too lazy to Google before you make things up, you'd look a little less biased.

No, sorry, actually you wouldn't.

It's native Americans that are offended.

You just got your ass handed to you with that lie you've repeated several times now. Google is your friend. You really believe the liberal kool-aid. But you seriously need to start to use Google to fact check before you fact fabricate. Liberalism is religion, too bad facts don't succumb to your will.

Redskin (slang) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But in 2004, a poll by the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania essentially confirmed the prior poll's findings, concluding that 91% of the American Indians surveyed in the 48 states on the mainland USA found the name acceptable and setting out in detail the exact wording of the questions

Once again, pulling facts out of your ass. Actually, polls of indians say the majority say the name is not offensive. Once again caught just making up your shit. If you weren't too lazy to Google before you make things up, you'd look a little less biased.

No, sorry, actually you wouldn't.

dimocraps lie, it's what they do

Forum List

Back