I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

I was reminded of the op-ed while watching this.

Miles Taylor, the author of the piece and then chief-of-staff at DHS, recalls meetings in the Oval with people coming and going, some without security clearances while classified info was being discussed, trump barking out orders on the fly, essentially "winging it."

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

“There is literally no telling whether he might change his mind from one minute to the next,” a top official complained to me recently, exasperated by an Oval Office meeting at which the president flip-flopped on a major policy decision he’d made only a week earlier.

I'd like trump fans to pause for a moment..............................instead of reflexively coming to Don's defense....................and consider if that is the kind of leadership you desire from a prez. Especially given that the people who were around him in his first term who made sure his idiocy was not imposed on the country will not be there in a second term.

certified.jpg

How about Biden wandering on to that strange plane for no reason?
He's not a candidate for the presidency. If you want to discuss the accomplishments of his admin vs trump's, start a thread about it.

This one is about various members of Don's first admin who oppose his re-election due to his incompetence, recklessness, and what that will look like a second time around.

If they're part of Le Résistance then how do you know that anything they say about him is true? They have every reason to lie for propaganda purposes.

If they're part of Le Résistance then how do you know that anything they say about him is true? They have every reason to lie for propaganda purposes.
Many of them, like Taylor, were chosen to serve in the admin because they were lifelong Repubs. As Taylor noted, he thought many of trump's policies were good for the country (I disagree). But he recognized, as did many others, trump's lack of the qualifications required to be the prez.

Don't you have a reason not to believe them because if they are right it makes you look foolish?

Many of them, like Taylor, were chosen to serve in the admin because they were lifelong Repubs. As Taylor noted, he thought many of trump's policies were good for the country (I disagree). But he recognized, as did many others, trump's lack of the qualifications required to be the prez.
There's a civil war going on in the Republican party: Establishment vs Populist. The Establishment is clearly anti-Trump. So simply being a Republican doesn't mean that he's telling the truth.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.
They would make this administration as airtight as possible. No discouraging words or critical thinking allowed. Pure MAGA thought in every position. Follow the autocrat, period.

Someone who wanted to slow this down would essentially have to commit sabotage, so they'd be risking a lot.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

I was reminded of the op-ed while watching this.

Miles Taylor, the author of the piece and then chief-of-staff at DHS, recalls meetings in the Oval with people coming and going, some without security clearances while classified info was being discussed, trump barking out orders on the fly, essentially "winging it."

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

“There is literally no telling whether he might change his mind from one minute to the next,” a top official complained to me recently, exasperated by an Oval Office meeting at which the president flip-flopped on a major policy decision he’d made only a week earlier.

I'd like trump fans to pause for a moment..............................instead of reflexively coming to Don's defense....................and consider if that is the kind of leadership you desire from a prez. Especially given that the people who were around him in his first term who made sure his idiocy was not imposed on the country will not be there in a second term.
I thought Harriss was the pretend president? Is Trump in office?

There's a civil war going on in the Republican party: Establishment vs Populist. The Establishment is clearly anti-Trump. So simply being a Republican doesn't mean that he's telling the truth.
I understand why you would be reluctant to believe him. No one wants to look foolish. But consider how many other former admin members have said similar things. Are they all lying?

They would make this administration as airtight as possible. No discouraging words or critical thinking allowed. Pure MAGA thought in every position. Follow the autocrat, period.

Someone who wanted to slow this down would essentially have to commit sabotage, so they'd be risking a lot.
If there is a next time around, only known MAGAists will be hired. Heritage knows who they are.

It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room. We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.

The result is a two-track presidency.

Take foreign policy: In public and in private, President Trump shows a preference for autocrats and dictators, such as President Vladimir Putin of Russia and North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, and displays little genuine appreciation for the ties that bind us to allied, like-minded nations.

They'll be no adults in the room in trump redux. Alliances will be downplayed if not ignored.

berg's morning TDS thread.

How about Biden wandering on to that strange plane for no reason?

What would be cool is if that plane took off and no one knew where old Joe went...the SS lost the president!!
Biden is not running for President

If that’s your strategy… you’ve lost

Biden is not running for President

If that’s your strategy… you’ve lost
No. It means that he should be President NOW.

You drooling imbecile libturds should be applauding a move (like invoking the 25th) to get Potato out of office immediately. Not because you love our country. You don’t. But because it would benefit Kamalalala’s campaign for her to get a temporary label as an Acting President.

Forum List

Back