I am so loving this pope, I may even return to my catholic roots.

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Last night, I got up in the attic, found my rosary's, dusted them off, and I'm returning back to my catholic roots. I like this pope, I love the way he addresses issues, I love the fact he's among the people, this is the type of leadership the church needs and I'm glad to report back to a place that took me from childhood to adulthood, cloaked in biblical knowledge.

Growing up catholic, I was so entrenched in its routine of mass, I was even an alter girl back in my youth. I loved the picnics, the bingos, the people, I just had wonderful, wonderful childhood growing up in the church...then all this priest shttt happened and it really turned me off, big time...but this pope, he's a good man and I truly believe he's a god send to us all who have left the church.

I love my commie Pope too. Though I've been Catholic through 3 Popes and didn't wait for the right one to come along before dusting off my rosary. Mostly I just ignore popes until another John Paul II comes along. My Catholic faith does not depend on the Pope.

This Pope is exploring doctrine by pushing to see what he can get away with.

He isn't going to last long and may end up being the last Pope.

Last night, I got up in the attic, found my rosary's, dusted them off, and I'm returning back to my catholic roots. I like this pope, I love the way he addresses issues, I love the fact he's among the people, this is the type of leadership the church needs and I'm glad to report back to a place that took me from childhood to adulthood, cloaked in biblical knowledge.

Growing up catholic, I was so entrenched in its routine of mass, I was even an alter girl back in my youth. I loved the picnics, the bingos, the people, I just had wonderful, wonderful childhood growing up in the church...then all this priest shttt happened and it really turned me off, big time...but this pope, he's a good man and I truly believe he's a god send to us all who have left the church.

But he's a Communist, did ya know?

I love my commie Pope too. Though I've been Catholic through 3 Popes and didn't wait for the right one to come along before dusting off my rosary. Mostly I just ignore popes until another John Paul II comes along. My Catholic faith does not depend on the Pope.

Good smack down, I applaud you. My catholic beliefs did hinge on the teachings of the church. I'm a kid growing up without asking questions and as an adult, I had issues with a lot of the shit they were teaching, no birth control, no women as priest, nuns being second class citizens...actually I wanted to be a nun, until I was allowed to spend the night with a few of my friends in one of their rooms, I had nightmares for weeks as a kid, that's how cold and scary that place was (smile). I had a really cool child hood and the camping trips....(sigh).

Getting back to my point....I just didn't flow with the way they had things and now that I'm older, I'm able to decide. I do know one thing, its not the faith that keeps you in God's favor, nor is it the church you attend...its the faith of the heart, my friend.

I doubt it. Its time the church come into the 21st century. I grew up catholic and there's not one chic I grew up with that didn't use birth control, not one. As the priest have shown us over a period of time, with the scandals, the flesh is weak and I think this Pope gets it. Nobody is perfect and that non perfection has to be addressed within the church. "forgive me father for I have sinned, my last confession......."

But he's a Communist, did ya know?

Let me tell you who else is a communist....that shirt your wearing, that bed you sleep in, that job you go to every single day, all hinge on the productivity and stock success of this little communist country called CHINA!!!

I doubt it. Its time the church come into the 21st century. I grew up catholic and there's not one chic I grew up with that didn't use birth control, not one. As the priest have shown us over a period of time, with the scandals, the flesh is weak and I think this Pope gets it. Nobody is perfect and that non perfection has to be addressed within the church. "forgive me father for I have sinned, my last confession......."
The worse thing the Church can do is "come into the 21st century". The birth control thing is an important example of the danger of modern moral flexibility. Either something is right or it's wrong. Chics who don't follow the teaching ought to consider leaving the Church. They can go Episcopalian!

This Pope didn't discover that nobody is perfect. Confession has been part of the Catholic Church long before Francis. Addressing our failure to be perfect is old school, you know, the Bible. The Bible doesn't need an update.

In this day and age anyone who supports the pope, the zionist regime, islam, and other middle east douchebaggery are faggots.

I agree. I don't like this Pope sticking his nose into capitalism's business. Where in the hell does he think Catholic Charities get their money?

Pope Francis Is Not ‘Progressive’—He’s a Priest

I think this is about the best description of Francis I've yet read. He simply does not fit into American categories. He comes from Argentina, very much different from the USA. While some seem to worry about his popularity – he doesn't care.

All in all, this is a most insightful view of Francis well-worth reading @ No, Pope Francis Is Not a 'Progressive' or a 'Liberal'—He's a Priest

Forum List

Back