I am sure this has been seen, just in case some did not see it.

Should be seen again anyway. I have to admit, that got to me.

That got to me also, beautiful and devastating at the same time and it also illustrates that animals have great love and feeling and possess a soul and that they are special and unique.

:crying: Dang it you guys....

Yes I have just had to get my shit back together after watching that video :(
I think when Mama's finger is quivering on his neck, that got to me.

WATCH: Ailing Chimp Saves Her Last Smile for Old Human Friend
That friend is Professor Jan van Hooff, a man that first met Mama in 1972 when he was helping the zoo set up its ape colony. Over the years, the pair formed a deep bond.

So when the professor entered the room, Mama, even in her weakened state, took notice. In the clip, Mama responds to his presence by breaking her despondent trance to greet her long lost companion with a smile and a hug.

It’s easy to see the tender goodbye has an effect on both parties.

Mama died just a week after their farewell. To this day, she is remembered as a strong, compassionate matriarch by the humans who knew her.

We humans like to think we're special but non-human animals are more like us than they are different.

Weird syntax but you get the idea.

knowing the depth of feeling they have for their own kind as well as others is a huge part of the reason I don't eat them. Not to mention that so-called "food" animals are tortured beyond anything that can be explained or excused.

I saw it when it first popped onto the Interwebs. Not going to watch it again, you bastard... bitch... whatever... :eusa_naughty:

Forum List

Back