I Bought This Marlin Today

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Just picked this up today. New Marlin Firearms 1895SBL 45-70 Government Lever Action:

thumbnail.jpgfhfghf.jpg

I said I wasn't going to buy any more guns for awhile, but this popped up on my email and I had to have it.

I'd been looking for one for awhile.

I've got a tube fed 45 Henry All-weather stainless a couple of years ago.

I wanted to get a Marlin side-gate tho. Been looking for a couple of years.

This one has a rail already installed so I can put a thermal sight on it.

The big loop lever and the rail are the best features.

I have been looking to order the new Marlin 336. You are lucky to pick up a lever action they are scarce here. They are taken as soon as they arrive.

I bought mine at Bud's Gun Shop.

Here's a website that talks about this bugger in detail.

James has one. He's googy in love with it, lol.

I looked at one of the new Ruger 1895s of the same ilk. IMHO it was too polished for a hunting rifle. The blued one they had I liked much better....Just personal taste.

Then again I already have two JM Marlin .45-70s so I was not going to drop $1200.00 for it. No T-Rex in the Virginia woods anyway but I get the cool factor. ;)

2:27 in sold a lot of .45-70 L/As. ;)

45/70 is a big freaking round that reached it's popularity in buffalo shooting and Custer's last stand. I guess it makes a nice collectable.

45/70 is a big freaking round that reached it's popularity in buffalo shooting and Custer's last stand. I guess it makes a nice collectable.

I use mine for hog hunting. Most of the hogs fall within 10 feet or so. And deer hunting is great with the 45-70. I'm also planning to take it with us when we do our cross-country RV trip in a year or so, for defense against bear.

Forum List

Back