I can FLY!

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Since I was a little child I always wanted to fly. I don't mean like a pilot in an airplane; I mean, I really want to FLY. Fly up to rooftops, over to trees, hang out on cell towers, and stuff like that. Not Superman stuff, just like a big (ugly, ungainly) bird. That's fine with me.

I recently realized that I have the means to "fly." I can rig up cables from the ground to various high places on my property, wear an almost invisible harness under my clothing, and, using a network of electric motors, pulleys, and winches, I can "fly" around my property quite happily for hours on end. I love it.

And I've asked all my friends, neighbors, and relatives to acknowledge that I can fly, and they have agreed to do so. They even ask me about my flights when we see each other at the grocery store. As far as my circle and me are concerned, I can fly.

But there are people in my neighborhood who say openly that I CANNOT fly - that I'm just some middle-aged, pathetic, delusional bastard pretending to fly. Those people are small-minded bigots, spewing nothing but hate for not only me but other people who want to fly as well. There are millions of us, I assure you. I refer to these troglodytes as "fly-o-phobes."

I've changed by name to "Cait-lynn."

Just sayin'.

Since I was a little child I always wanted to fly. I don't mean like a pilot in an airplane; I mean, I really want to FLY. Fly up to rooftops, over to trees, hang out on cell towers, and stuff like that. Not Superman stuff, just like a big (ugly, ungainly) bird. That's fine with me.

I recently realized that I have the means to "fly." I can rig up cables from the ground to various high places on my property, wear an almost invisible harness under my clothing, and, using a network of electric motors, pulleys, and winches, I can "fly" around my property quite happily for hours on end. I love it.

And I've asked all my friends, neighbors, and relatives to acknowledge that I can fly, and they have agreed to do so. They even ask me about my flights when we see each other at the grocery store. As far as my circle and me are concerned, I can fly.

But there are people in my neighborhood who say openly that I CANNOT fly - that I'm just some middle-aged, pathetic, delusional bastard pretending to fly. Those people are small-minded bigots, spewing nothing but hate for not only me but other people who want to fly as well. There are millions of us, I assure you. I refer to these troglodytes as "fly-o-phobes."

Just sayin'.
Best of luck on your ventures around the property. Watch for angry birds where you decide to perch. Avoid high voltage power lines and watch for kids with air rifles. I would suggest that you avoid flying at night until you are sure that you know where all the obstacles are. Do not feed with the birds. Do not take up nesting. And, do not poop in bird baths.

When you can, take some pictures while you're flying and post them for us.

P.S. ------- See your doctor if you should start growing feathers. Also, let your doctor know if you start whistling through your pecker.

Just sayin'.
^ Ghey

I used to fly in my dreams mostly when I was a kid.
Then I got a pilot's license when I got out of college.
Now I'm afraid of heights. Go figger.

Just sayin'.

Better way. Learn how to lucid dream. Then fly every bit like Superman while dreaming. But as opposed to the occasional "I can fly" dream which is random and usually short-lived, a lucid dreamer can shape their dreams fully aware that they are in fact dreaming.

Forum List

Back