I Can't Imagine a God...

Another silly thread from someone who doesn't believe in a God that he's obsessed talking about.

Nobody says that God is "fully contained" in the Bible. He simply reveals what His creation NEEDS to know about Him. We don't have to know everything about Him to believe in Him; trust in Him; communicate with Him; and know Him.

Where do I say that I don't believe God is possible?

I'm simply stating that limiting one's concept of God to The God of Abraham, As defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an seems short-sighted, and, considering the role played by those three ancient Arab tales in Monkey History, I think God would agree with me.

You're painting with a broad brush. You seem to assume that everyone who believes in the "God of Abraham" limits Him to the Bible only. That's not the case. I believe that God is far greater in scope than the bible reveals but I don't believe that I must know the level of His greatness in order to believe in Him.
I want to know the truth before I worship something

You'll never know the truth as long as you deny it.

Another silly thread from someone who doesn't believe in a God that he's obsessed talking about.

Nobody says that God is "fully contained" in the Bible. He simply reveals what His creation NEEDS to know about Him. We don't have to know everything about Him to believe in Him; trust in Him; communicate with Him; and know Him.

I'm simply stating that limiting one's concept of God to The God of Abraham, As defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an seems short-sighted, and, considering the role played by those three ancient Arab tales in Monkey History, I think God would agree with me.

You're painting with a broad brush. You seem to assume that everyone who believes in the "God of Abraham" limits Him to the Bible only. That's not the case. I believe that God is far greater in scope than the bible reveals but I don't believe that I must know the level of His greatness in order to believe in Him.

It's impossible for sealybobo to believe in Jesus unless God first regenerate him by grace alone. Regeneration precedes faith.

Can not imagine GOD either....

He is big thats all I sense

He is Infinite.... human brains can not contain Infinity.....can hardly imagine it.

And if anything it would care if you were a good person not a believer.

Only God is good. All men are sinners and deserving of Hell. You didn't learn much as a fake Christian for 30 years.
I didn't buy it. I'm not any more a sinner than you. In fact I'm better than you because I don't think I get a free pass because I believe a nursery rhyme.

I want to believe.

If the God you believe in is far greater in scope than The Bible reveals, why limit yourself to The God of Abraham as defined in those ancient tomes? Why not open up and explore The God of DriftingSand?

`

As previously stated, I don't limit myself. I simply believe that the Bible reveals what I NEED to know in order to be saved. The Bible is simply a history book that reveals God's relationship with His creation. It also states that there are many mysteries that man does not and, in some cases, cannot know. There's no sense it trying to know the unknowable. If it's within God's will for me to know something that I don't currently know then He will reveal it to me in His time ... not mine.

He is Infinite.... human brains can not contain Infinity.....can hardly imagine it.

Only God is good. All men are sinners and deserving of Hell. You didn't learn much as a fake Christian for 30 years.
I didn't buy it. I'm not any more a sinner than you. In fact I'm better than you because I don't think I get a free pass because I believe a nursery rhyme.

Every human on earth is a sinner. Denying God is a sin in and of itself.

Sealybobo, it's useless to ask why God don't give you mercy from punishment in Hell. That's a mystery known to God alone.

It's impossible for sealybobo to believe in Jesus unless God first regenerate him by grace alone. Regeneration precedes faith.

Or, in some cases, faith precedes regeneration.

You believe the unbelievable because you want it to be true but you are brainwashed to think we don't believe because we don't want to believe.

I don't believe because I want to believe. It doesn't work that way. Or it shouldn't. It does for you though.

I'm a terrible sinner. It's very likely that you're a much better person compare to me. However, God demands perfection from his creatures. You're required to be perfect as a duty to God. Therefore, if you sin just once, there's no way to make up for your sins by good works.

Last edited:

If the God you believe in is far greater in scope than The Bible reveals, why limit yourself to The God of Abraham as defined in those ancient tomes? Why not open up and explore The God of DriftingSand?

`

As previously stated, I don't limit myself. I simply believe that the Bible reveals what I NEED to know in order to be saved. The Bible is simply a history book that reveals God's relationship with His creation. It also states that there are many mysteries that man does not and, in some cases, cannot know. There's no sense it trying to know the unknowable. If it's within God's will for me to know something that I don't currently know then He will reveal it to me in His time ... not mine.
Thankfully science doesn't think like you or we'd still be in the stone ages waiting for god to tell us what to do next.

There are a lot of things we know today that religion once said we would never know.

Nope. It could appear that way with a false faith, like the false faith sealybobo had in Jesus.

I'm telling you that real faith is impossible to lose. Seriously, I can't imagine anyway to lose my faith in Jesus Christ. It's literally impossible for me to imagine. I can't think of it.

I'm a terrible sinner. It's very likely that you're a much better person compare to me. However, God demands perfection from his creatures. Therefore, you're required to be perfect as a duty to God. Therefore, if you sin just once, there's no way to make up for your sins by good works.

Christians get to commit adultery in their hearts and still go to heaven. You guys even get to murder. How many christian woman have gotten abortions and were very sad and sorry about it and ask god for forviveness and so christians even think they can murder their own babies and still go to heaven? What a brilliant cult story.

Nope. It could appear that way with a false faith, like the false faith sealybobo had in Jesus.

I'm telling you that real faith is impossible to lose. Seriously, I can't imagine anyway to lose my faith in Jesus Christ. It's literally impossible for me to imagine. I can't think of it.
That's how brainwashed you are.

No different than a hasidic Jew or Muslim who prays 5 times a day.

`

Thankfully science doesn't think like you or we'd still be in the stone ages waiting for god to tell us what to do next.

There are a lot of things we know today that religion once said we would never know.

There are many false religions that claims to know God or gods. However, there is only one true God, who reveals Himself to whomever He pleases.

Martin Luther use to whip himself till he bled to be closer to Christ. He would also sleep in the cold to suffer. Are you that religious? Maybe you aren't doing enough.

`

There are many false religions that claims to know God or gods. However, there is only one true God, who reveals Himself to whomever He pleases.

Mohammad?

That's how brainwashed you are.

No different than a hasidic Jew or Muslim who prays 5 times a day.

Hahah it's pure logic on my part. There is no possibility for me to lose my faith in Jesus. Seriously. Everyone I know and love could drop dead right now and I would praise God for His goodness.

As for me, my life's purpose is to serve Jesus Christ. Like Paul said, "To live is Christ, to die is gain."

Last edited:

`

Mohammad?

Only God knows His plan for my life. God is in charge and I just follow his guidance. Life is good because I have no worries and no fears. I leave all my problems for God and just follow His guidance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back