I Can't Imagine a God...

If the God you believe in is far greater in scope than The Bible reveals, why limit yourself to The God of Abraham as defined in those ancient tomes? Why not open up and explore The God of DriftingSand?

`

As previously stated, I don't limit myself. I simply believe that the Bible reveals what I NEED to know in order to be saved. The Bible is simply a history book that reveals God's relationship with His creation. It also states that there are many mysteries that man does not and, in some cases, cannot know. There's no sense it trying to know the unknowable. If it's within God's will for me to know something that I don't currently know then He will reveal it to me in His time ... not mine.
Thankfully science doesn't think like you or we'd still be in the stone ages waiting for god to tell us what to do next.

There are a lot of things we know today that religion once said we would never know.

There are many false religions that claims to know God or gods. However, there is only one true God, who reveals Himself to whomever He pleases.

Mohammad?

Only God knows His plan for my life. God is in charge and I just follow his guidance. Life is good because I have no worries and no fears.
Oh brother where for art thou

As previously stated, I don't limit myself. I simply believe that the Bible reveals what I NEED to know in order to be saved. The Bible is simply a history book that reveals God's relationship with His creation. It also states that there are many mysteries that man does not and, in some cases, cannot know. There's no sense it trying to know the unknowable. If it's within God's will for me to know something that I don't currently know then He will reveal it to me in His time ... not mine.
Thankfully science doesn't think like you or we'd still be in the stone ages waiting for god to tell us what to do next.

There are a lot of things we know today that religion once said we would never know.

There are many false religions that claims to know God or gods. However, there is only one true God, who reveals Himself to whomever He pleases.

Mohammad?

Only God knows His plan for my life. God is in charge and I just follow his guidance. Life is good because I have no worries and no fears.
Oh brother where for art thou

It's all God's grace and God's good work. I am a terrible sinner. All the good I have and do are gifts from God.

Father, I ask for forgiveness of my sins in Jesus Christ. I love you very much. I love Jesus very much. I love the Holy Spirit very much. Please bless me and my family and help me better serve your purpose for me. Please guide me with your Holy Spirit, and help me do my tasks that you ask of me. Father, let your hand be with me always, that I can know your infinite love and peace always. Please protect me and my family from evil. I pray that you would see fit to grant mercy to dead sinners as you please. If it's your will Father, please grant sealybobo salvation from Hell by faith in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Let your will be done, Father, and not mine. Amen.

Father, I ask for forgiveness of my sins in Jesus Christ. I love you very much. I love Jesus very much. I love the Holy Spirit very much. Please bless me and my family and help me better serve your purpose for me. Please guide me with your Holy Spirit, and help me do my tasks that you ask of me. Father, let your hand be with me always, that I can know your infinite love and peace always. Please protect me and my family from evil. I pray that you would see fit to grant mercy to dead sinners as you please. If it's your will Father, please grant sealybobo salvation from Hell by faith in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Let your will be done, Father, and not mine. Amen.

This is what I hate about christians. Even if you truly want to help its super obnoxious.

All praise Allah. Allah Akbar habibi. Wolla on the Koran.

This is what I hate about christians. Even if you truly want to help its super obnoxious.

I love you sealybobo, as I love myself. Therefore, what I tell you is from love. I talk to you and talk to myself as well. I'm a bad and terrible human being. I'm not good and neither are you sealybobo. We're both sinners, sinning constantly, we love sin because of our sin nature. Our sins lead us to death and destruction. We truly deserve God's Holy Justice and eternal punishment in Hell for our sins.

The difference between us is God alone. It was God's grace alone that granted me salvation from Hell. God gave me the faith of Jesus Christ. It was God's grace alone and not my own doing. I'm a terrible sinner, beneath contempt. I never did anything to deserve God's grace.

Last edited:

I love you sealybobo, as I love myself. Therefore, what I tell you is from love. I talk to you and myself as well. I'm a bad and terrible human being. I'm not good, and neither are you sealybobo. We're both sinners, sinning constantly because we love to sin. Our sins condemn us and we truly deserve God's Holy Justice and eternal punishment in Hell.

Yet, it was God's grace alone that He granted me salvation from Hell by giving me the faith of Jesus Christ. It was God's grace, with no work from me, so I can not boast about myself. I am sure that I never did anything good to deserve God's grace. I'm a terrible sinner, beneath contempt. Sthat I did anything you to treat me. I love God above all else. Let His will be done, and not mine.
I read the first sentence only.

I love you sealybobo, as I love myself. Therefore, what I tell you is from love. I talk to you and myself as well. I'm a bad and terrible human being. I'm not good, and neither are you sealybobo. We're both sinners, sinning constantly because we love to sin. Our sins condemn us and we truly deserve God's Holy Justice and eternal punishment in Hell.

Yet, it was God's grace alone that He granted me salvation from Hell by giving me the faith of Jesus Christ. It was God's grace, with no work from me, so I can not boast about myself. I am sure that I never did anything good to deserve God's grace. I'm a terrible sinner, beneath contempt. Sthat I did anything you to treat me. I love God above all else. Let His will be done, and not mine.
I think people like you write this shit to be snarky. Its very offensive and insulting.

I think people like you write this shit to be snarky. Its very offensive and insulting.

What causes you to hate the only people that love you unconditionally?

I see God in the vastness of the cosmos. He isn't restricted to a book, he is the master of this universe. Oh ye of little faith!

Big right? Vast. Cosmos vast. Biggest there is, and God is bigger.

When you put it all in proper perspective, it makes the way modern Monkeys continue to bleed over ancient stories positively silly, no?

I don't understand. What are you getting at?

If God is, doesn't it make sense that He's bigger than all of the ancient stories put together, let alone any one of them that claim to be the last word on God?

Isn't it odd that the age of the miraculous is unrepeatable history?
Who said it's all in the Book? Your argument is seriously flawed.

What causes you to hate the only people that love you unconditionally?

I love you brother.

Christians get upset and they don't always love you, but when they realize their assholness by being in the word and praying and having a conscience they will apologize and say they love you and actually mean it. For a poster who has never met you to say he loves and keeps repeating it is snarky and I'd question his motives.

Where does the Bible claim to contain God?

Maybe instead of imagining a God of any type, you just try to get to know the one that created you.

Can you please help explain the meaning and significance of Jesus
in terms that even DISIR and Sealybobo can understand?

I explain that Jesus is the spirit of Justice universal to all humanity.
So the process we're all going through is establishing Truth by agreement on Justice.
Or going through Jesus to get to God.

Westminster Confession of Faith. You need to read it Emily. It's summarizes Biblical theology.

You didn't like my 250 word summary?
How to explain the Bible without reading it - Worth1000 Contests

To explain the story of humanity summarized in the Bible, it helps to distinguish the difference between the Old and New Testaments, which determines if the rest will make sense at all, or even needs to be read.

In short, the Old Testament records the tragic history of living by the "letter of the law" and retributive justice, causing death and genocidal destruction by greed, while the New Testament paints a positive future for humanity, with renewed love of life and relationships by restorative justice, living by the "spirit of the law" for lasting peace.

The key difference between these paths is divine forgiveness, which breaks the cycle of retribution inherited from previous generations. Without forgiveness, suffering repeats, projected forward. However, by receiving forgiveness and correction, where Jesus represents the spiritual process of embracing equal justice, humanity finds liberation from past strife by establishing universal truth, justice, and peace on earth. Thus, human nature is destined to reach maturity in mind, body, and spirit, collectively symbolized by the Holy Trinity.

Salvation in Jesus represents restorative justice with mercy, bringing healing grace to end conflicts. Reconciling local laws among individuals with universal laws on a global scale fulfills both in perfect harmony or marriage between people, as the bride or church, united with the authority of law or state.

The story of sacrifice and redemption represents the spiritual process each individual experiences to grow in life -- through trials, failures, and recovery -- which drives humanity to reach spiritual understanding, wholeness, and peace.

Co bao nhieu tuoi?

Sorry I am American-English only, though I did study some French.

I need to learn to communicate in English first, before taking on any other languages.

It is hard enough in English to get on the same page with people.
You need a new schtick

Dear sealybobo If you think the purpose is to push agenda on people
no wonder you haven't gotten anywhere in the 30 years you studied as a Christian.

1. The point is NOT pushing some "schtick" on people. The point is undoing the
false schtick to get to the default truth underneath where people freely and naturally agree without any such false conditions or beliefs in the way.

The purpose of discussion is to find out which points are stuck in conflict
and need to be resolved. By process of elimination the negative rejections are removed.

And guess what? the point is NOT to force agenda on people:

2. What happens after conflicts are resolved is that people agree WITHOUT changing their systems
unless they want to. The truth accommodates people as we are. This fear of forcing views on people seems to be your main objection, and that isn't even the proper process.

3. So to try to resolve points you brought up earlier: when you asked why doesn't God reward reason and why have atheists at all, that IS the reason for secular minded people and for natural laws of science. This IS how humans are designed, whether you call it Nature or God, it's the same. We are meant to question and understanding how life, relationships and laws work. So none of that is against God.

4. You brought up what makes chickens able to communicate to each other that a fox is near.
That is a good example of how energy or spirit works between people. And no you don't have to call it spiritual or God for these connections to work the same way. It's still energy or waves or whatever that makes it work.

Over and over you keep bringing up these points as if this is a problem, and makes it against believing in God to explain these in secular terms. The world still works the same way, so there is no reason to judge someone for using one way or another to express how the laws of nature and energy work in life.

5. You also keep bringing up complaints of everything from slavery to other bad things that happened in history due to religions. Well, people abuse govt to oppress people. People abuse science to make weapons and then abuse the weapons. People abuse the financial systems to defraud people. That is humans doing that, regardless of what systems are used.

The patterns you show over and over in your arguments seem to indicate
A. you resent negative things from Christians or Christianity that are separate from the true meaning and purpose, and until you forgive the bad things this biased rejection outweighs and overrides the good
B. you have fear that the purpose is to reject and override all these natural laws and scientific explanations and understanding, instead of including these, where they complement and complete each other

In order to compare the difference it will make by forgiving and putting aside these fears that are biasing your judgment, you would have to try that first. Try forgiving and trusting that the truth will include and reconcile these different ways, without negating one or the other.

You keep setting it up in your mind as either/or. As mutually exclusive and that is why you get nowhere.

You are the one who needs a new schtick, sealybobo.

You know it makes no sense for religion to reject science, but instead of using that as proof to determine common truth in both, you keep rejecting and dividing. When the whole point is to establish one truth that accommodates and satisfies both.

Christians get upset and they don't always love you, but when they realize their assholness by being in the word and praying and having a conscience they will apologize and say they love you and actually mean it. For a poster who has never met you to say he loves and keeps repeating it is snarky and I'd question his motives.
lol future design for your soul

snarky
adjective \ˈsnär-kē\

: crotchety, snappish
: sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner

Last edited:
Another silly thread from someone who doesn't believe in a God that he's obsessed talking about.

Nobody says that God is "fully contained" in the Bible. He simply reveals what His creation NEEDS to know about Him. We don't have to know everything about Him to believe in Him; trust in Him; communicate with Him; and know Him.

Where do I say that I don't believe God is possible?

I'm simply stating that limiting one's concept of God to The God of Abraham, As defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an seems short-sighted, and, considering the role played by those three ancient Arab tales in Monkey History, I think God would agree with me.

And why can't that God be compatible with the same God behind all these other things, too?
Why is there assumed to be some contradiction there?

AVG-JOE
Just because SOME people get closeminded about this
doesn't mean you have to see it that way. Most people I know who understand the meaning don't have this issue you are debating and negating.

It is only an issue for people who don't get the universality of God. So it shouldn't be an issue for you unless you have a gripe with certain people? over how THEY teach the Bible? So don't teach it that way, and you can join with the rest of the people who don't teach it limited either!

I've decided that I don't have a problem with God per se, but I find the continued use of the ancient stories to justify selfish politics and various 'isms' around the globe to be a deterrent to peace. This is my motivation to write tonight.

But God nor the vast majority of believers in God are to blame for the actions of a few unscrupulous men (and/or women).
As I said... I don't blame God, I blame The Books and their use through history.

God won't be contained by mere Monkeys, even when we try using words to do it.

Forum List

Back