I Don't Agree With Many Americans -- I Don't Believe Trump Should Drop Out Of Presidential Race

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008
I can see where people stand on the conviction of Donald Trump. I can see where people are either overly exited (pro/con), or in deep denial.

Myself? I want Trump to stay in the race. Why? I believe he will lose and take the current GOP down with him as Nixon did in 1972. It's time for a massive shift -- a change. It cannot happen within. We've seen that. So...

June 2, 2024

Half of Americans think Trump's guilty verdict was correct, should end campaign: POLL​

What the first polls after Trump's conviction show — and don't show​

Analysis: Majorities agree with the verdict against Trump, but early national polling doesn’t find that the race against Biden has been transformed.

1. Majorities agree with the verdict

2. Republicans remain firmly behind Trump

3. The overall political environment hasn’t changed much

4. Swing voters seem to support Trump’s conviction

5. It’s still very early

Last edited:
June 3, 2024

New poll finds nearly half of Americans think Trump should end campaign after conviction​

June 1, 2024 -- FOX News

Trump verdict makes significant number of Republicans less likely to support him: poll​

A Reuters/Ipsos survey of registered voters shows what Americans think about Donald Trump's guilty verdict​

June 3, 2024

One in Three Republicans Now Think Donald Trump Was Wrong Candidate Choice​

June 2, 2024

Majority of independents say Trump received ‘fair trial’: Poll​

Last edited:

snippet:
"Last week, I spoke with Cohn about the unusual elements of the Biden vs. Trump 2024 rematch, why we still don’t know what went wrong with 2020 polling, and whether the New York Times covers its own polls appropriately. (Our conversation took place hours before Donald Trump was found guilty on 34 charges, which, Cohn later wrote, could provide a boost for Biden among key voters he’s been struggling with.)"

Time for bit of levity: I can picture Mr. Trump singing this in his head.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
A vote for Trump is not just a vote for the man Donald J Trump... its now a vote to stop lawfare and using the law to punish the opposition... we are not a third world dictatorship... voting for Biden says you want us to be....

I can see where people stand on the conviction of Donald Trump. I can see where people are either overly exited (pro/con), or in deep denial.

Myself? I want Trump to stay in the race. Why? I believe he will lose and take the current GOP down with him as Nixon did in 1972. It's time for a massive shift -- a change. It cannot happen within. We've seen that. So...

June 2, 2024

Half of Americans think Trump's guilty verdict was correct, should end campaign: POLL​

Analysis: Majorities agree with the verdict against Trump, but early national polling doesn’t find that the race against Biden has been transformed.

5. It’s still very early

Ah well nbc

We saw what happened on our streets after the police tried to arrest George Floyd. Americans want a law and order president, that is why they will vote for Trump.

Who is a criminal. In charge of the law.....

But then you are a parody account.

Who is a criminal. In charge of the law.....

But then you are a parody account.
“He’s convicted, so now he’s in our community,” said Rahim Buford, 53, who also has a felony conviction on his record.

Will he go to prison? I doubt it. Will it change his lifestyle? I doubt it,” said Mr. Buford, who founded the organization Unheard Voices Outreach for the formerly incarcerated in Nashville. “But what I know it will do is give him — he’s already had — an experience that he can never forget. Because once you go through the criminal legal system and you’re put on trial, that’s traumatizing.”

He added: “Now you understand, at least a little bit, what it feels like.”

June 2, 2024

5. It’s still very early

half of voters are insane gender confused leftists like you .. so of course they want him out of the election ..

Last edited:
“He’s convicted, so now he’s in our community,” said Rahim Buford, 53, who also has a felony conviction on his record.

Will he go to prison? I doubt it. Will it change his lifestyle? I doubt it,” said Mr. Buford, who founded the organization Unheard Voices Outreach for the formerly incarcerated in Nashville. “But what I know it will do is give him — he’s already had — an experience that he can never forget. Because once you go through the criminal legal system and you’re put on trial, that’s traumatizing.”

He added: “Now you understand, at least a little bit, what it feels like.”

But Trump will still attack other countries for sending their "criminals" to the US. Like he's not a criminal.

Maybe President Trump would lose, but anyone else the GOP would put up would lose worse and be essentially a placeholder for the party in 2024.

Since the election is in only 5 months, there really isn't time to run new caucuses and primaries to find out who the GOP rank and file wants in the post-Donald Trump GOP. Nimirata Haley finished 2nd, sure. But that is only a tribute to her stubborness. And a lot of prospective candidates didn't even throw in their hat but would have if they thought Trump wasn't going to run. Maybe the GOP rank and file wants Kushner or Bannon or Don Trump Jr. as the standard bearer instead? Too late to get a consensus.

Further, any candidate would have to raise hundreds of millions of dollars in a hurry. Getting people to give that kind of moolah to a candidate that hasn't established a consensus in the party during the primary season is unrealistic considering the chances of victory are so low.

My guess is that the Republican Party, if Trump were forced out, would just give the nomination to an oldtimer who has done a lot for the party over the years and to reward them with the honor. And recognize that they are going to lose so they would just use federal funding for the campaign.

Forum List

Back