I don't know anyone who has Ebola....Is it safe to come out yet?

After watching non-stop Ebola coverage on FoxNews, I figured the safest course of action is to hide in my basement and spray myself with Lysol

Its been weeks now and I still don't know anyone who has Ebola

Is it safe to come out yet?

Your arrogance never seizes to amaze me. The world health organization has said they have never seen a threat that jeopardizes the life of societies like this and you mock the threat of the disease?? What sort of expertise do you have that you could claim ebola is nothing to worry about?? I'm not saying saying we're all going to get ebola and we should be very afraid because I don't know how much of a threat ebola is to America. One thing I know is you don't know either, so you should really shut the fuck up.

The liberals are know-it-alls, of course. They think they know more than the World Health Organization who has been studying the outbreaks. Liberals are idiots obviously.

After watching non-stop Ebola coverage on FoxNews, I figured the safest course of action is to hide in my basement and spray myself with Lysol

So . . . Obama has already made an appointment for an Ebola Czar. What do you think about that?

So . . . Obama has already made an appointment for an Ebola Czar. What do you think about that?

More Czars?

Does that mean Republicans are going on their anti-czar campaign again?

More Czars?

Does that maybe make you think that Obama is actually taking this Ebola threat seriously, unlike yourself? Also, what makes you think you know better than the WHO? I find that just fascinating. What ARE your credentials anyway?

Some more information for us to think about. Porous borders. . . . hmm.

World Health Organisation admits botching response to Ebola outbreak World news The Guardian

The World Health Organisation has admitted mishandling the early stages of the Ebola outbreak in west Africa, saying it failed to recognise the risks of the disease in the fragile states of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

“Nearly everyone involved in the outbreak response failed to see some fairly plain writing on the wall,” says a draft internal document obtained by the Associated Press. Experts should have realised that the conventional way of containing an Ebola outbreak would not work in a region with porous borders and broken health systems.

WHO’s appointment system in Africa is also criticised in the document. Heads of WHO country offices in Africa are “politically motivated appointments” made by the WHO regional director for Africa, Dr Luis Sambo, who does not answer to the agency’s chief in Geneva, Dr Margaret Chan, it said. As Peter Piot, director of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine told the Guardian last week: “What should be [the] WHO’s strongest regional office because of the enormity of the health challenges, is actually the weakest technically, and full of political appointees.”

Medecins Sans Frontieres, whose volunteer doctors had begun to treat Ebola cases as soon as the outbreak was officially diagnosed in March – three months after the first case – had warned WHO in strong terms that this outbreak was different from previous ones.

“First of all it was the first time we had a case in a big city like Conakry [capital of Guinea]. It is something very different from the remote Congo jungle,” MSF’s Brice de le Vingne, director of operations in Brussels, told the Guardian. The cases were also in a triangle where three countries met. “We knew we were going to have a problem with dealing with three different administrations.” No country was going to want to declare an Ebola epidemic, because of the economic implications.

On 3 April, MSF first warned WHO, who responded by saying the numbers were still small. A dispute then broke out on social media between MSF and the WHO’s spokesman, who insisted it was all under control.

More Czars?

Does that maybe make you think that Obama is actually taking this Ebola threat seriously, unlike yourself? Also, what makes you think you know better than the WHO? I find that just fascinating. What ARE your credentials anyway?
In the army people like RWer are called Shithouse Lawyers.

More Czars?

Elections coming up...nuff said

Credentials?
I may not have a medical degree but I do watch Dr Oz on TV. That more than qualifies me to give medical analysis on interweb message boards

the word GOD is generic....the rock in the forests might be someones "God".....the Sun might be someones "GOD".....THE "GOD" of Abraham had a name....that being is the "GOD" of Abraham and Moses and Jesus....
Granted but the Jews don't diminish their God by writing it out. Don't fight it, infidel.
saying his name is diminishing him?.....and you call me an infidel?....gotcha H--s.....
Ask a Rabbi to explain. Are you a Muslim?
if i aint a jew why would i give a shit what a rabbi says?....i was raised a catholic and had to listen to their bullshit growing up....but when you question you "religious" people this is the kind of shit you get....name calling...and i know why,because none of you have any answers.....just bullshit....
Are you denying you are an infidel if you are not a Muslim?
oh ....ok ....i see what you are saying....you had me worried there for a moment Hoss....

Your arrogance never seizes to amaze me. The world health organization has said they have never seen a threat that jeopardizes the life of societies like this and you mock the threat of the disease?? What sort of expertise do you have that you could claim ebola is nothing to worry about?? I'm not saying saying we're all going to get ebola and we should be very afraid because I don't know how much of a threat ebola is to America. One thing I know is you don't know either, so you should really shut the fuck up.

Be afraid...be very afraid

No Ebola is not ready to take over the world. It will be treated as a serious disease and contained. That is what happens with these diseases. The US and the rest of the industrialized world has the medical infrastructure to handle the threat. So you are not going to catch Ebola, I'm not going to catch it and we are under a bigger health threat to die from the flu this winter than Ebola

Do you understand that you're not qualified to tell us what kind of threat ebola is or isn't? I'm confident in one thing - you're just caught up in the politics of Ebola and if a republican was in office instead of Obozo you would be screaming for him to do something.

No Ebola is not ready to take over the world. It will be treated as a serious disease and contained. That is what happens with these diseases. The US and the rest of the industrialized world has the medical infrastructure to handle the threat. So you are not going to catch Ebola, I'm not going to catch it and we are under a bigger health threat to die from the flu this winter than Ebola

Do you understand that you're not qualified to tell us what kind of threat ebola is or isn't? I'm confident in one thing - you're just caught up in the politics of Ebola and if a republican was in office instead of Obozo you would be screaming for him to do something.

Naaaa....I don't think so

Seen this shit before. Media hype, fear mongering and hysteria

Gets dropped like a hot potato once the next big story comes up

You only compound your ignorance with arragance. That being said, I hope it doesn't become a problem in America, but your assurances doesn't mean anything to anyone with half a brain.

You only compound your ignorance with arragance. That being said, I hope it doesn't become a problem in America, but your assurances doesn't mean anything to anyone with half a brain.

9) Ebola
Threat to Americans: If you are an American in West Africa in close proximity with Ebola victims, the threat is moderate. If you are an American health worker in the US assisting an Ebola victim or someone who frequently comes into physical contact with one, the threat of infection is minor if you use proper protective equipment. Otherwise, the threat is pretty close to zero.
Worst-case scenario: The outbreak could get much worse in West Africa, but even in that scenario the disease will remain unlikely to affect many Americans outside of the region.
How freaked out should you be: If you have loved ones in Liberia, Sierra Leone, or Guinea, it is not unreasonable to urge them to take all possible precautions. Otherwise, you would do better to worry about the other items on this list.

Threats to Americans ranked by actual threat instead of media hype

9) Ebola
Threat to Americans: If you are an American in West Africa in close proximity with Ebola victims, the threat is moderate. If you are an American health worker in the US assisting an Ebola victim or someone who frequently comes into physical contact with one, the threat of infection is minor if you use proper protective equipment. Otherwise, the threat is pretty close to zero.
Worst-case scenario: The outbreak could get much worse in West Africa, but even in that scenario the disease will remain unlikely to affect many Americans outside of the region.
How freaked out should you be: If you have loved ones in Liberia, Sierra Leone, or Guinea, it is not unreasonable to urge them to take all possible precautions. Otherwise, you would do better to worry about the other items on this list.

Threats to Americans rank

9) Ebola

ed by actual threat instead of media hype

9) Ebola

Tell number 9 to the two nurses that got infected treating Duncan, dumbass.

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

Let me do a quick count here

The number of American deaths on US soil from Ebola so far is..........um....um.....um.......Zero

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

The number of American deaths on US soil from Ebola so far is..........um....um.....um.......Zero

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

It's just become an epidemic in West Africa. We'vE only had one patient here and with that one patient two nurses who treaTed him became infected. If there's nothing to worry about why did Obozo appoint an Ebola czar?

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

9) Ebola

It's just become an epidemic in West Africa. We'vE only had one patient here and with that one patient two nurses who treaTed him became infected. If there's nothing to worry about why did Obozo appoint an Ebola czar?

Elections

Ebola czars make people feel safe....I don't need one

In all seriousness, which is difficult in a RW thread I know...there does need to be a travel ban from West Africa citizens or anyone with West Africa on their passport.
It is beyond stupid to have not done this. As we see just one patient has now become three, and will certainly climb especially with the nurse who flew in an airplane.
And now two schools in OH have suspended school systems until further notice.
NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.
So you are leaving a lot of Americans out in the cold. What happens if they die because you wouldn't let them come home?
A travel ban is one of last things you want to do right now. A travel ban from west African countries will encourage passengers to use routes through other countries, increasing the chances of spreading the virus and will bypass the checks and protocols we have established. In addition it's makes it more difficult for us to fight the spread of the disease in Africa. We have thousands of US troops, healthcare workers, and support personnel that need to travel to and from Africa.

Last edited:
utter nonsense.
The only way to stop viral outbreak is quarantine...NOT allowing people to wander around however they want.

In all seriousness, which is difficult in a RW thread I know...there does need to be a travel ban from West Africa citizens or anyone with West Africa on their passport.
It is beyond stupid to have not done this. As we see just one patient has now become three, and will certainly climb especially with the nurse who flew in an airplane.
And now two schools in OH have suspended school systems until further notice.
NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.
So you are leaving a lot of Americans out in the cold. What happens if they die because you wouldn't let them come home?
A travel ban is one of last things you want to do right now. A travel ban from west African countries will encourage passengers to use routes through other countries, increasing the chances of spreading the virus and will bypass the checks and protocols we have established. In addition it's makes it more difficult for us to fight the spread of the disease in Africa. We have thousands of US troops, healthcare workers, and support personnel that need to travel to and from Africa.

^^^ A Useful Idiot ^^^

Forum List

Back