I don't really understand the Dems' "need," for lack of a better word, for a national $15 min wage.

Well we definitely have a wage problem. We have way too many corps with near monopolies and too much wage collusion. Now I'd rather see that get fixed, but it creates the "need" for a higher min wage in the meantime.

IF that was true, and we both know it is not, how then did President Donald Trump manage to increase the wages of the lowest-paid and minorities far more than that of higher-paid workers and cut unemployment down to record levels.

JOBS
Published January 24, 2020
Income inequality declining under Trump policies, says Labor secretary
Workers are seeing faster wage growth than their bosses
By Frank Connor FOXBusiness

Workers’ wages are growing faster than their bosses', narrowing the income gap, as a result of President Trump’s policies, according to Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia.

“At the end of the Obama administration, what we saw is wage growth for the high wage earners [and] slow wage growth for the low wage earners," Scalia told FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo in an exclusive interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. "We’ve flipped that in this economy,”

Decreasing unemployment and Trump’s reduction of regulations are factors that have contributed to this low-income wage growth, according to Scalia.

Trumps labor secretary says............

I provided FACTS and working links. You, as always, provide NOTHING.

If you have facts, please provide them or just run away and hide.

Well we definitely have a wage problem. We have way too many corps with near monopolies and too much wage collusion. Now I'd rather see that get fixed, but it creates the "need" for a higher min wage in the meantime.

IF that was true, and we both know it is not, how then did President Donald Trump manage to increase the wages of the lowest-paid and minorities far more than that of higher-paid workers and cut unemployment down to record levels.

JOBS
Published January 24, 2020
Income inequality declining under Trump policies, says Labor secretary
Workers are seeing faster wage growth than their bosses
By Frank Connor FOXBusiness

Workers’ wages are growing faster than their bosses', narrowing the income gap, as a result of President Trump’s policies, according to Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia.

“At the end of the Obama administration, what we saw is wage growth for the high wage earners [and] slow wage growth for the low wage earners," Scalia told FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo in an exclusive interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. "We’ve flipped that in this economy,”

Decreasing unemployment and Trump’s reduction of regulations are factors that have contributed to this low-income wage growth, according to Scalia.

Trumps labor secretary says............

I provided FACTS and working links. You, as always, provide NOTHING.

If you have facts, please provide them or just run away and hide.

What did I say that was wrong?

Not if the minimum wage is raised enough so they don't. Anyone working needing public assistance is merely employers passing on the cost of their employees on to the tax payer for their bottom line.

After two, three years, whatever. With the minimum wage at $15.00, where will that person be on the economic scale? What happens to the worker earning $13.00 per hour when the new rate kicks in? What about the person earning $20.00 or $30.00 per hour? That newbie's salary, who is in high school, first job, no experience just doubled their pay. What about all the rest?

My first real job was when I just turned 16. I earned $0.85 per hour, $0.15 below the minimum wage because we earned tips. The $0.85 salary would buy about 3 gallons of gas. The minimum today will buy about 3 gallons of gas. While the numbers are different, the buying power is the same.

High%20School-S.jpg
Why don't wages keep up with inflation under Capitalism? Does Capitalism not work for the Poor.

Wages do keep up with inflation, exceed it in fact. If someone does not want to educate themselves and work, how is that my responsibility?

hqdefault-S.jpg

Not if the minimum wage is raised enough so they don't. Anyone working needing public assistance is merely employers passing on the cost of their employees on to the tax payer for their bottom line.

Your intentional ignorance about the minimum wage is not at all surprising.

The minimum wage started at $0.35 per hour.

EFFECTIVE DATE1938 ACT 11961 AMENDMENTS 21966 AND SUBSEQUENT AM…
Sep 1, 1997 5$5.15 for all covered, n…$5.15 for all covered, n…$5.15 for all covered, nonexe…
Jul 24, 2007$5.85 for all covered, n…$5.85 for all covered, n…$5.85 for all covered, nonexe…
Jul 24, 2008$6.55 for all covered, n…$6.55 for all covered, n…$6.55 for all covered, nonexe…
Jul 24, 2009$7.25 for all covered, n…$7.25 for all covered, n…$7.25 for all covered, nonexe…

How much has the rate of poverty been reduced? Do you not believe that there is a constant percentage of our population who will make bad personal decisions and be satisfied with living off of the earnings of other people. If the incentive of a better life for them and their families, why do you believe they'll suddenly rise up and work harder if you simply hand them more money?

minimum-wage-cartoon_zps4r8nklh9_1%20%281%29-S.jpg
Can you tell me how much inflation has happened since 2009? Or how much purchasing power was lost by Labor "working hard" for their employer the whole time?

After two, three years, whatever. With the minimum wage at $15.00, where will that person be on the economic scale? What happens to the worker earning $13.00 per hour when the new rate kicks in? What about the person earning $20.00 or $30.00 per hour? That newbie's salary, who is in high school, first job, no experience just doubled their pay. What about all the rest?

My first real job was when I just turned 16. I earned $0.85 per hour, $0.15 below the minimum wage because we earned tips. The $0.85 salary would buy about 3 gallons of gas. The minimum today will buy about 3 gallons of gas. While the numbers are different, the buying power is the same.

High%20School-S.jpg
Why don't wages keep up with inflation under Capitalism? Does Capitalism not work for the Poor.

Wages do keep up with inflation, exceed it in fact. If someone does not want to educate themselves and work, how is that my responsibility?

hqdefault-S.jpg
The minimum wage has not kept up with inflation regardless of productivity. How is that not employers "stealing" from Labor as the least wealthy?

So if you're against a $15 minimum wage...how much do YOU make.

Wanna bet they won't say?

Wanna bet it's a hell of a lot more than $15/ hour?
Yes, we do make a lot more. What’s your point? People with training, education, and years of experience shouldn’t be paid more?

What’s really funny about you insane progressives is you fully support companies like Nike making their products in Asia with virtual slave labor, and shipping it to the US.

Yes, we do make a lot more. What’s your point? People with training, education, and years of experience shouldn’t be paid more?

What’s really funny about you insane progressives is you fully support companies like Nike making their products in Asia with virtual slave labor, and shipping it to the US.

I've addressed that many times. They should be taxed so hard that they have to stop their exploitation of workers in other countries.

So you admit you make "a lot more" and don't want people making peanuts to even make that much.

Yea...you're a Republican

So you admit you make "a lot more" and don't want people making peanuts to even make that much.

That's not my objection at all. I just don't think the government has any business interfering. If someone wants to work for a low wage, it's none of my business. It shouldn't be illegal for them to do so, they're not harming anyone.

I've addressed that many times. They should be taxed so hard that they have to stop their exploitation of workers in other countries.
Really? When have you ever supported tariffs on them?

That's not my objection at all. I just don't think the government has any business interfering. If someone wants to work for a low wage, it's none of my business. It shouldn't be illegal for them to do so, they're not harming anyone.
Then don't complain about welfare for individuals. Any complaint at all means you are being disingenuous.

You can reply to what I said honestly or not. I imagine it will be not.

It’s a pipe dream, increasing the pay of the lowest skilled will only cause inflation.

Do you not believe in paying highly educated and skilled workers more?

There is also a big difference in standard of living based on locality.

There is nothing to reply to, you claim you are for “taxing” them, yet you’re another TDS deranged idiot, and you all oppose taxing goods from China, because your MSM masters call it a “trade war”.

There is nothing to reply to, you claim you are for “taxing” them, yet you’re another TDS deranged idiot, and you all oppose taxing goods from China, because your MSM masters call it a “trade war”.

I'm fine with taxing the companies. I fully support it. Like I said, you will only reply in a dishonest manner.

Then don't complain about welfare for individuals. Any complaint at all means you are being disingenuous.
I'll complain about whatever I feel like, troll.

$15 an hour for a 16 year old burger flipper is absurd.
How about for the guy who picks up your garbage?

Fixes your car?

Does your plumbing?

You've not had your car repaired or any plumbing done in many decades, have you?

As for the guy picking up garbage, he's probably doesn't have a stellar record of great decisions, does he?

Actually, where I live, that's a pretty good decision for someone who's not overburdened with skills and experience. Good pay, excellent benefits, job security . . . Granted, it doesn't smell terrific, but the trucks do most of the heavy lifting, while the garbage collector mostly sits in the cab and listens to tunes.

Maybe where you live, but not so much in other places.

Ogre. Did you know that practicing the abomination of hypocrisy is a sin against God according to Scripture. Have you no morals but still want to be taken as seriously as the "gospel Truth"?

You know, in the post you partially quoted I said that businesses may try to raise prices but will fail in the face of lower priced competition.

Businesses may try to pass on higher costs but, as has been demonstrated so many times in the airline industry, unless everyone raises their prices, no one can.

Since everyone's cost increases, everyone has to raise their prices.
And the customer response is????
C'mon! It's on the tip of your tongue!!!!!!!
Oh! too late.

The customers take their dollars elsewhere.

GEEZ! No wonder you people think lowering revenues increases revenues.

Ogre. Did you know that practicing the abomination of hypocrisy is a sin against God according to Scripture. Have you no morals but still want to be taken as seriously as the "gospel Truth"?
Get out of my face, daniel. Not in the mood for your stoner trolling.

Forum List

Back