I don't see what's bad about making the retirement age 70

It was bumped 71 in Canada. I am denied a career anyways so I don't have much input in this declining police state of low performers. If I did, Id be happy to work to 71.

Last edited:
Nobody should have to work until they die.

And people are not living longer, they are suffering longer. The government and "healthcare" have seen to that.

We should only have to work until we're 50 and then be able to retire and just be on vacation the rest of our lives.

I'm going to end up like my grandma.............having to work until my hands give out, and then can't do anything but barely exist on what I can get.

I'm also fucking sick and tired of the fucking goverment shoving ages far forward every fucking time I get within a year of them!!!

Besides, if you're over 50........aint nobody gonna hire you, even if you're a fucking doctor or computer whiz.

We are living longer.. and those who work after 65 live longer anyway...

WTF?
It's my business when I want to retire. What if I dont need full benefits so I want to retire early?
I'd be perfectly happy for them to just give me back all I've put in. Better yet dont take a dime of my money from the get go and I would have put it to far better use and got a much higher return on that money.

Some people can't work in their chosen careers that long. I am 58 and somewhat of an anomaly still building houses. I cannot do this until I'm 71. With this cancer I have it's doubtful I'll even live that long. I've paid in my entire life and I'll never see any of it back. I'm going to work until the day I fall over dead. That's my retirement plan.

Nobody should have to work until they die.

And people are not living longer, they are suffering longer. The government and "healthcare" have seen to that.

We should only have to work until we're 50 and then be able to retire and just be on vacation the rest of our lives.

I'm going to end up like my grandma.............having to work until my hands give out, and then can't do anything but barely exist on what I can get.

I'm also fucking sick and tired of the fucking goverment shoving ages far forward every fucking time I get within a year of them!!!

Besides, if you're over 50........aint nobody gonna hire you, even if you're a fucking doctor or computer whiz.

Yep...all they're trying to do is stave off the upcoming collapse of SS.
They know what will happen when people go to retire and there's no money.
It's also a good reason to kill off the elderly and others,if they aren't around there's more money in SS.

We are living longer.. and those who work after 65 live longer anyway...

Between circa 1935 and now know what the biggest factor in increased life expectancy is?

It's the drop in infant mortality rates. From - IIRC - a person's early 50 to the now late 70's.

However when you look at how many years on average people draw benefits the increase is no where near 20 years, it's more like 4 years.

WW

Some people can't work in their chosen careers that long. I am 58 and somewhat of an anomaly still building houses. I cannot do this until I'm 71. With this cancer I have it's doubtful I'll even live that long. I've paid in my entire life and I'll never see any of it back. I'm going to work until the day I fall over dead. That's my retirement plan.

The only reason to extend the date of retirement is the gov hopes more people die to save the insolvent SS system.
I retired years ago at 46 and I'm spending some of our savings to do so. The main reason is because I can no longer stand up for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time.
Now they want to punish me because the Wife and I saved so we could retire early.
Now they want to go to digital money for even more control.

Between circa 1935 and now know what the biggest factor in increased life expectancy is?

It's the drop in infant mortality rates. From - IIRC - a person's early 50 to the now late 70's.

However when you look at how many years on average people draw benefits the increase is no where near 20 years, it's more like 4 years.

WW

:link:

Some people can't work in their chosen careers that long.
thats it right there......some jobs you dont sit on your ass all day long....

The only reason to extend the date of retirement is the gov hopes more people die to save the insolvent SS system.
I retired years ago at 46 and I'm spending some of our savings to do so. The main reason is because I can no longer stand up for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time.
Now they want to punish me because the Wife and I saved so we could retire early.
Now they want to go to digital money for even more control.
There's an easier fix. Just raise the cap on SS taxable income. Amazing how it's easier to fuck Americans out of SS than to raise taxes on high income earners.

We can't afford retirement age at 62 and 65 but few politicians have the courage to fix it. Probably most working stiffs wouldn't mind retiring at 70 but democrats hold all the propaganda cards.

I'm looking at retirement in a few years.

My social benefits have effectively been cut 3 times already.

How many more times?

WW

Forum List

Back