*I Drive Slow On Freeways 55 MPH*

Sorry bout that

1. So you doubt I'm even in Texas?
2. 65 speed limit is common here, I still go 55mph.
3. I stay in the right lane mostly.
4. You do understand that right?
5. SO you drive crazy too?
6. If you are near a large city in Californication, then I know you're in traffic, and lucky to roll around at 40mph.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why do you imagine that causing these types of situations (e.g. other drivers tailgating you, etc.) is being "safe?"

You would be MORE safe if you stayed off the highway COMPLETELY.

I understand that you think that this type of overly-cautious approach to driving is safe, but it most certainly is not.

I would recommend that if you absolutely must drive on the freeway, that you keep an eye on other drivers and adjust by:

1 Moving to the left on occasion to allow the people on the right passage.

2 Increase your speed when others are going faster in order to prevent a huge pile-up.

3 Putting a "new driver" sign on the back of the car to avoid being shot.

Hope this helps.

I agree. Driving slower than the general speed of traffic actually creates a hazard. I have a Class A, Commercial License with HazMat, Double/Triples and Tanker endorsements and have don't lots of driving (not currently though). Overly timid drivers are actually worse (in my opinion) than folks who drive with a little more confidence. That's not to say I like hot-shot drivers or careless drivers but overly cautious drivers who hold up traffic are dangerous to everyone because they cause bottlenecks.

No, bottlenecks are caused by idiots who can't manage lanes. Especially the weavers.

"Driving slower than the general speed of traffic actually creates a hazard"? Really? What if the general speed is 85? If I'm doing 63 you think I'm the hazard?

Not on this planet, Kilroy. Again, take responsibility for your own actions and quit blaming those who decline the herd mentality. If you're outside the parameters, YOU take the responsibility. Keep it to yourself.

Sorry bout that,

1. So you are a truck driver?
2. Oh hell no!!!
3. Read the news truckers are always killing a load of people.
4. Truckers should be very, very fucking careful with how they drive these days, lots of drivers now have fucking guns!
5. Guns make even a truck driver look like he's driving a Mini Cooper.
6. Truckers are very fucking dangerous folks, keep a very close eye on any truck in your
vision they are the enemies of the road more than anyone else.
7. There they are driving a truck with cargo weighing in at heavier than a house, watch the bastards!
8. Lady Truckers are no better either, not as many of them but no better, truckers have wrecks all the time, go running out into fields, hitting bridges while asleep, all the fucking time folks, watch these bastards as if your life depends on it, because it does.
9. Jackbrakes are nothing to be alarmed about, but most cities will ticket for it now.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

80% of car/truck accidents are caused by cars.

That's a fact.

80 percent of car-truck crashes caused by car drivers, ATA report says | Commercial Carrier Journal
I disagree with that. Some of the worst drivers on the road are Truckers. However, knowing the drivers of cars as I do, I'm not surprised they are responsible in many ways.

I have resigned Myself to the notion that people just chose to ignore driving laws because they think they are too important to obey them.

Truckers aren't much better.

You should go on a ride a long with a trucker sometime.

My wife told me, when I told her the nature of this thread, that I shouldn't bother...I have a far different perspective than that of car drivers.

Being elevated, I see patterns in traffic you guys just can't see at your level.

And I agreed with you...nothing in my life has filled me with more hatred and contempt for my fellow man than driving 20 years on the same roads with them.

I have gotten to the point that this internet interaction is as close as I want to be to other people.

Last edited:
Maybe you should learn to comprehend what you read.

If the posted maximum speed limit is 65 mph, then slower traffic (in relation to the posted limit) is relatively slower.

Is it not?

Keeping order in the flow of traffic is inherent to the limits and regulations governing the activity of driving.

If you are doing 63 mph, you are relatively slower than the posted maximum and therefore, slower than the person doing the posted maximum.

YOU THEREFORE ARE DIRECTED TO KEEP RIGHT!

At no time are you permitted (legally speaking) to drive above the posted limit.

IF EVERYONE drove the posted limit, then being told that slower traffic should keep right means that people traveling slower than the posted maximum should remain in the right hand lane to allow for others traveling faster to pass you by.

However, if I am doing the posted maximum and you are doing 100 mph, I really have no imperative to move right. That is because the person traveling over the limit is in the wrong regardless of the outcome.

Look at it this way. If you are driving a car in a legal manner and get hit, but you have no drivers license, you are automatically in the wrong for operating the vehicle to begin with. The same with speeding. You are automatically in the wrong.

However, since the law assumes that the majority of the people (yeah, what a joke that is) will obey the law, lane location and yielding of the right of way is an issue of obeying posted laws and limits.

WRONG.

If the limit is 65, I'm doing 63, and there's nobody else on the road, then there is nobody to keep to the right of. :banghead:

And if I'm doing 63 and you're doing 61, then I'm going to your LEFT to pass you. EVEN THOUGH I'M UNDER THE LIMIT, BECAUSE THE LIMIT IS IRRELEVANT.

What the speed limit is has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHICH LANE YOU'RE IN.

Aye-yi-yi I've heard it all now... :cuckoo:
You're not slower than the person doing the posted maximum?

:bang3:

You need to brush up on your comprehension skills.

Noooooo, I don't think so. You keep trying to drag these irrelevant red herrings about what the speed limit is in each lane. IRRELEVANT.

Your driver doing the posted max, I took him out of the scenario. He no longer exists. I gave you one that shows why your interpretation is full of shit. In my scenario, everybody is under the limit. Your logic would have everybody in the right lane, condemned to whatever speed the lead vehicle was doing, forever. That makes no sense whatsoever.

I think it is you who needs comprehension lessons.

I disagree with that. Some of the worst drivers on the road are Truckers. However, knowing the drivers of cars as I do, I'm not surprised they are responsible in many ways.

I have resigned Myself to the notion that people just chose to ignore driving laws because they think they are too important to obey them.

My wife told me, when I told her the nature of this thread, that I shouldn't bother...I have a far different perspective that car drivers.

Being elevated, I see patterns in traffic you guys just can't see at your level.

And I agreed with you...nothing in my life has filled me with more hatred and contempt for my fellow man than driving 20 years on the same roads with them.

I have gotten to the point that this internet interaction is as close as I want to be to other people.

^^ That. :thup:

Can't help noticing that the guy who postulates truckers as the most dangerous drivers on the road is the same guy who freely admits to giving them the finger and tailgatiing them. And he doesn't see how that might color his experience.

Sorry bout that,

Absolute bullshit. To the extent we can make a generalization, if anything they're the safest.

Why does this not surprise us...
wait, do you first say "sorry about that" and give them a stream of numbers too?

You're a lunatic. Perhaps next time one of them will give you an air brake demonstration. It's a testament to their patience that they haven't done so already.

But if you try that with me... well let's just say I'm not known for patience.

I never even look back there.

Get as close as you want.

You ever see Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

"Do you know how much damage this bulldozer would sustain if I were you run you over with it?...None at all."

1. How about a flat tire or two, for your truck, maybe some one like me shoots up your fucking tires????

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

James...that would be wonderful.

The best place for you is in prison with the complete loss of your second amendment rights.

I would be happy...scratch that, ecstatic, to be the one to pay for a couple of tires to be sure that that is exactly what happens.

It would be a fractional price compared to the enormous benefit to society.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh Simi drivers need special care eh?
2. Truckers are the very most dangerous drivers on the highways.

Absolute bullshit. To the extent we can make a generalization, if anything they're the safest.

wait, do you first say "sorry about that" and give them a stream of numbers too?

5. Of course they hate that when I do it, but they deserve it all in all.
6. Then they get to the center lane and come up beside me, and usually they honk me, then if they cut me off, *ITS ON NOW MOTHER FUCKER!*
7. So I tailgate the bastard a little, they speed up and I get right behind them so they can't see me, this drives them fucking crazy!!
8. Sooner or later they try to sling me off by changing lanes, I keep on their tails, they hate that.
9. Then at some point I try to pass,..... they hate that when I catch up to them, these bastards are sweating bullets by now, because now *I"M PISSED*!!!!!
10. Most of the time they exit off the freeways before I can get up there to cut them bastards off!
11. Truckers suck some serious ass when they get up on my bumper then cut me off, *ALL BETS ARE OFF THEN!*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You're a lunatic. Perhaps next time one of them will give you an air brake demonstration. It's a testament to their patience that they haven't done so already.

"Do you know how much damage this bulldozer would sustain if I were you run you over with it?...None at all."

He sounds like an idiot road rager, doesn't he?

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

2. Oh hell no!!!
4. Truckers should be very, very fucking careful with how they drive these days, lots of drivers now have fucking guns!
6. Truckers are very fucking dangerous folks, keep a very close eye on any truck in your
7. There they are driving a truck with cargo weighing in at heavier than a house, watch the bastards!
8. Lady Truckers are no better either, not as many of them but no better, truckers have
wrecks all the time, go running out into fields, hitting bridges while asleep, all the fucking
time folks, watch these bastards as if your life depends on it, because it does.
9. Jackbrakes are nothing to be alarmed about, but most cities will ticket for it now.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That's a fact.

80 percent of car-truck crashes caused by car drivers, ATA report says | Commercial Carrier Journal

1. Of course they will write that kind of bullshit, its a trucker mag.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

My wife told me, when I told her the nature of this thread, that I shouldn't bother...I have a far different perspective that car drivers.

I spent two years with My dad's cousin. He drove OTR as an independent. I managed to get an ear-full & and an eye-full of passenger operators. But he had little good to say of semi-drivers either.

I have seen first hand bone-headed actions of both passenger and semi drivers and have little use for most of them. However, what takes the cake is in 85 of 100 times, you will see a semi driver who will, in an open road with no one around but Me and him, wait until he is 2 feet from My bumper before he decides to change lanes.

Traveling through a construction zone on My way home after My father passed away, was a trucker about 200 yards in front of Me, who was in bumper-to-bumper traffic suddenly apply his brakes to the point where the trailer back wheels locked up completely. The traffic was red brake lights for two miles ahead of him. I thought for sure we'd see a jack knife right there.

People get into their own little worlds when they drive and they simply don't care about the people around them, or the death that they can cause by their inattention and arrogance.

Like you, I have little use for them.

I don't tailgate, ever. You just said you do.
As I said, try that with me and you'll get a brake check.

?

I think you are confusing me with someone else.

I'm saying folks who tailgate my truck don't bother me in the least...I don't even look back there to see what they are doing.

I was rear ended by a tailgater in a construction zone...broke one weld on my ICC bumper, and I didn't even know I'd been hit until I saw the crumpled front end of a Toyota with antifreeze steam pouring out of it blocking up all the traffic behind me.

I apologize Mo, you're correct. Somehow I thought I was posting back to Sir James of Lalaland.

You'd think the way he formats his stuff I'd have noticed it was missing but there's a lot going on here. Sorry 'bout that. :redface:

No sweat. :thup:

Let Me dumb it down as far as it can go.

If I am driving the posted maximum, lets say it is the standard 65 mph on an interstate highway...

And you are driving 100 mph on the same stretch of highway and are approaching Me from the rear...

I would be a fool not to get over out of self preservation, however; I am not required to get over by law as I am driving the posted maximum.

The speeder is ALWAYS in the wrong.

Always.

All true. But that's got nothing to do with your fantasy about speed limits within lanes. How that "Slower traffic keep right" sign applies here is that that speeder has to pass you on the left. Whethr he's going 100 while you're going 65 or if he's going 65 while you're at 55 -- all irrelevant. The only relevant factor is that vehicle A is overtaking vehicle B. Period.

WRONG.

If the limit is 65, I'm doing 63, and there's nobody else on the road, then there is nobody to keep to the right of. :banghead:

And if I'm doing 63 and you're doing 61, then I'm going to your LEFT to pass you. EVEN THOUGH I'M UNDER THE LIMIT, BECAUSE THE LIMIT IS IRRELEVANT.

What the speed limit is has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHICH LANE YOU'RE IN.

Aye-yi-yi I've heard it all now... :cuckoo:

Noooooo, I don't think so. You keep trying to drag these irrelevant red herrings about what the speed limit is in each lane. IRRELEVANT.

Your driver doing the posted max, I took him out of the scenario. He no longer exists. I gave you one that shows why your interpretation is full of shit. In my scenario, everybody is under the limit. Your logic would have everybody in the right lane, condemned to whatever speed the lead vehicle was doing, forever. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Everyone under the limit obeys the same rules as those doing the limit.

The red herring is yours.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

2. Oh hell no!!!
8. Lady Truckers are no better either, not as many of them but no better, truckers have
wrecks all the time, go running out into fields, hitting bridges while asleep, all the fucking
time folks, watch these bastards as if your life depends on it, because it does.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That's a fact.

1. Of course they will write that kind of bullshit, its a trucker mag.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Actually the University of Michigan did the study. They just reprinted it.

"Sorry about that".

Nope. I'm not the one pretending lane usage has something to do with speed limits.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

2. Oh hell no!!!

8. Lady Truckers are no better either, not as many of them but no better, truckers have wrecks all the time, go running out into fields, hitting bridges while asleep, all the fucking time folks, watch these bastards as if your life depends on it, because it does.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That's a fact.

1. Sure trucker will lie their fucking asses off if asked if they drive safely, they have to lie, because if it gets out they road rage they get their ticket pulled.
2. Truckers all have accidents, I bet if you got the whole truth from these truckers you would find out they had multiple accidents while driving a big rig.
3. *Multiple*.
4. You will also find out they quit driving for their own safety, either getting hurt or almost getting hurt.
5. Big rigs are inherently dangerous.
6. You work around one sooner or later the truck bites your ass.
7. In one way or another, ask em!???
8. The law is I have every right to go 55mph an hour, if you freaky drivers can't handle it, maybe stop driving.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Let Me dumb it down as far as it can go.

If I am driving the posted maximum, lets say it is the standard 65 mph on an interstate highway...

And you are driving 100 mph on the same stretch of highway and are approaching Me from the rear...

I would be a fool not to get over out of self preservation, however; I am not required to get over by law as I am driving the posted maximum.

The speeder is ALWAYS in the wrong.

Always.

All true. But that's got nothing to do with your fantasy about speed limits within lanes. How that "Slower traffic keep right" sign applies here is that that speeder has to pass you on the left. Whethr he's going 100 while you're going 65 or if he's going 65 while you're at 55 -- all irrelevant. The only relevant factor is that vehicle A is overtaking vehicle B. Period.
Nothing I posted disagrees with that with the exception that the speeder is ALWAYS in the wrong.

The design of traffic flow in American highways is that the maximum posted speed limit applies to ALL THE FUCKING LANES.

That is an absolute fact.

The keep right sign means that if you are going slower than that posted maximum, then you must be in the right lane UNLESS you are coming upon someone going slower than you are.

Nothing I have stated is wrong or factually incorrect. The relative speed argument is the real red herring because no one is supposed to be traveling faster than the maximum posted limit.

If you are, then the keep right sign doesn't apply because speeders are always in the wrong.

Nope. I'm not the one pretending lane usage has something to do with speed limits.
You shouldn't be permitted to drive then.

Sorry bout that,

1. How about a flat tire or two, for your truck, maybe some one like me shoots up your fucking tires????

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Well, that's an interesting post. Threating to shoot other people's tires out while they are moving down the highway. I wonder if the Texas authorities would like to hear about that one?

Why? You want only illiterates on the road? We almost have that now.

>> An adjective is in the comparative form when it expresses comparison between two or between one and a number taken collectively, as, “John is richer than James;" “he is richer than all the men in Boston.” << -- parts of speech

Doesn't say a damn word about what the speed limit is. :cuckoo:

In truth, I am more and more leaning toward the final development of that autonomous car and banning people from operating motor vehicles all together. At least an automated car will obey the limits of speed, spacing, and movement without regard to desire or 'interpretation'.

The less people are involved in the operation of their vehicles, the safer our highways and streets will become.

Why? You want only illiterates on the road? We almost have that now.

>> An adjective is in the comparative form when it expresses comparison between two or between one and a number taken collectively, as, “John is richer than James;" “he is richer than all the men in Boston.” << -- parts of speech

Doesn't say a damn word about what the speed limit is. :cuckoo:
Why? Because in a game of comprehensive analysis, when speaking of limits imposed, relative speeds matter only in as much as everyone is operating from the same set of principles.

And you need to take a lesson in logic. If A = B and B = C, then !A = !C?

Never mind...We are talking the same thing but you have a bug up your ass and you don't even realize it.

I'm done with this.

Obey the fucking speed limit and save lives.

Forum List

Back