Zone1 I forgave at the office...

I pursued religion in my 20s, read about many philosophies a d religions before gravitating to Christianity, my baptized religion. Why does this bother you?
I understand how someone can be an Atheist, but I cannot understand why they hate and mock people of Faith, like an immature bully.

images

your history does not escape the heavens ... they know perfectly well what to do with liars.

seems this has been already pointed out to you, your choice of christianity is a statement made in coincidence with its history of persecution and victimization of the innocent - remove your forgeries and fallacies, trappings from the references made to the 1st century illumination of liberation theology, self determination and all will be well.

better yet explain to the heavens your alliance with the crucifiers who authored the c-bible.

images

seems this has been already pointed out to you, your choice of christianity is a statement made in coincidence with its history of persecution and victimization of the innocent - remove your forgeries and fallacies, trappings from the references made to the 1st century illumination of liberation theology, self determination and all will be well.

better yet explain to the heavens your alliance with the crucifiers who authored the c-bible.
Can you speak in more direct, plain English please? You don't need to impress me with cryptic chat.

Good for you if that's what it takes to get you through your day.
Jesus said "No one can come to the Father except through Me"... and He established a Church so it can be presumed that no one can come to HIM except through His Church. He wouldn't set up a Church just to turn around and say "Hey.. don't want to come to My Church? No problem! Do whatever you want! I'm fine w/ that... "

please

Absolutely. You hurt them as well as yourself by accepting or tolerating their bad behavior as okay.
I learned this the hard way. It is one reason I never married. I'd say most people are abusive... intentionally. I could be wrong (I havent interviewed everyone in the world..:) ) but that's what I've found (and seen in other relationships). Vis a vis potential romance:

At the first signs of abuse, I am GONE. Once burnt, twice shy.

Yes. While I cannot speak for all Christian denominations, in Catholic and Orthodox churches baptism makes all priest, prophet, king.
probably a novus ordo teaching. I'm sure the Sedes accept that, too (?) but only as far as it goes. An ordained priest has a charism that we regular "priests" do not have...

oh wait... Once again, I have to clarify: That's the way things were when the Church was UNITED... in the Vatican. But the Vatican was taken over by what I loosely call liberals in 1958 so the real Catholic Church is not too visible at this time.. not as visible as the heretical, blasphemous Vatican anyhow

In truth, if all anyone had to go on was the behavior of some denominations or congregations, Christianity would be so unacceptable, all intelligent people would be running for the exits. The Church (of whatever denomination or unaffiliated congregation) is made up of sinners and therefore will be imperfect as each of us is imperfect. Some seemingly much more than others.

But, while I don't want to put words in the mouth of the OP, I think the point was that he (she?) struggles as we all do with our negative thoughts and reactions to others to the point it is problematic for us and we do need to forgive and ask forgiveness again and again. Not for the sake of the other person but for our own sake.
How do you feel about tangibly, verbally telling someone you forgive him/her

when the person does not exhibit the least bit of regret over having harmed you? I've been wondering about that lately. Right now, I avoid people who have harmed me or who obviously do not care about me. It just seems to be the better path for yours truly... No, wait, it is apparently the best path for all according to Scripture which says to avoid those who do not believe.. do not be unequally yoked... etc

I would rather spend an Eternity of torture than spend even a single second in the “glory” of you lying, cheating, deceitful “God”
obviously you don't know one thing about the real Jesus. If you did, you'd know that He is not "lying, cheating, deceitful.."

You won't find Him in the world at large and sometimes He doesn't even seem to be in our lives at all.. but that is just because Satan rules the damn world and he blinds us... He is apparently envious that we humans have a chance to be with God forever in Heaven and he... never

I learned this the hard way. It is one reason I never married. I'd say most people are abusive... intentionally. I could be wrong (I havent interviewed everyone in the world..:) ) but that's what I've found (and seen in other relationships). Vis a vis potential romance:

At the first signs of abuse, I am GONE. Once burnt, twice shy.
I feel bad that your experience is that way. I find very few people to be abusive. I have been married for many decades now to the same guy and, though there are bad times, angry times, unhappy times, they are not abusive, just unpleasant. They are rare and they pass. And even knowing there will be those unhappy times, most are not and I would do it all over again.

This does not mean I have not encountered abusive people. One of my avocations is dealing with chemically addicted people and some of those can be extremely abusive. Those by all means are not the only ones.

I am dealing with a couple of abusive people in my life now--one chemically addicted and one who is not--and that can be emotionally draining and exhausting--but I know how to keep them at arm's length. I forgive them in the sense that I will not hold them accountable for the abuse, but that does not mean I should allow them to continue it with me or others.

Physical abuse, however, should have us running for the nearest exit, report it, never look back.

Last edited:
I feel bad that your experience is that way. I find very few people to be abusive. I have been married for many decades now to the same guy and, though there are bad times, angry times, unhappy times, they are not abusive, just unpleasant. They are rare and they pass. And even knowing there will be those unhappy times, most are not and I would do it all over again.

This does not mean I have not encountered abusive people. One of my avocations is dealing with chemically addicted people and some of those can be extremely abusive. Those by all means are not the only ones.

I am dealing with a couple of abusive people in my life now--one chemically addicted and one who is not--and that can be emotionally draining and exhausting--but I know how to keep them at arm's length. I forgive them in the sense that I will not hold them accountable for the abuse, but that does not mean I should allow them to continue it with me or others.

Physical abuse, however, should have us running for the nearest exit, report it, never look back.
I have been abused one way or another virtually all my life. One of my parents was very uncaring and cold and abusive and the Lord has shown me in many ways how this has affected my life, whether I consciously think about it or not (these days, I shove out any thought about my past... but only after having examined it and learned from it... with Jesus by my side to help me process it in a healthy way. I don't recommend doing such things w/ o HIM..).

I have often thrown up my hands talking to God RE forgiveness because .. well, frankly, while I understand 99% of what Jesus said, I have often wondered about the forgiveness thing... How the heck some people are forgivable? Well, maybe they will not be forgiven by God but we are called to forgive them anyway because, again, we forgive as a gift to ourselves, not to God necessarily. I mean, God does not need one thing from us. But we... we are all needy one way or the other..

I have been abused one way or another virtually all my life. One of my parents was very uncaring and cold and abusive and the Lord has shown me in many ways how this has affected my life, whether I consciously think about it or not (these days, I shove out any thought about my past... but only after having examined it and learned from it... with Jesus by my side to help me process it in a healthy way. I don't recommend doing such things w/ o HIM..).

I have often thrown up my hands talking to God RE forgiveness because .. well, frankly, while I understand 99% of what Jesus said, I have often wondered about the forgiveness thing... How the heck some people are forgivable? Well, maybe they will not be forgiven by God but we are called to forgive them anyway because, again, we forgive as a gift to ourselves, not to God necessarily. I mean, God does not need one thing from us. But we... we are all needy one way or the other..
I also was an abused child growing up. I went to school many times in hot weather with long sleeves to hide the bruises. (My mother's idea.) My father once broke my elbow in a rage over my not washing my face well enough to suit him.

I let it negatively affect me in many ways until one day I chose not to allow it to do that. I forgave my abusive father and alcoholic mother who allowed it--I chose not to hate/despise them for that--and try to remember the good times. Sometimes I'll remember the most terrible times and it puts a knot in my stomach but I can quickly move on. I like to think--I hope--I personally am healed by the grace of God and some people who mentored me in positive ways.

Without my faith, could I have turned all that around? I don't know. But I am 100% positive it was a huge factor in my ability to do that.

I also was an abused child growing up. I went to school many times in hot weather with long sleeves to hide the bruises. (My mother's idea.) My father once broke my elbow in a rage over my not washing my face well enough to suit him.

I let it negatively affect me in many ways until one day I chose not to allow it to do that. I forgave my abusive father and alcoholic mother who allowed it--I chose not to hate/despise them for that--and try to remember the good times. Sometimes I'll remember the most terrible times and it puts a knot in my stomach but I can quickly move on. I like to think--I hope--I personally am healed by the grace of God and some people who mentored me in positive ways.

Without my faith, could I have turned all that around? I don't know. But I am 100% positive it was a huge factor in my ability to do that.
wow.. thanks 4 sharing. Some people don't like to talk about such things but keeping things hidden doesn't always do much good, if any. I myself don't like talking about my abuse but like you, I have forgiven and moved on... The abusers have not changed that I know of but I need to pray for them (more). It is not easy praying for certain people...

wow.. thanks 4 sharing. Some people don't like to talk about such things but keeping things hidden doesn't always do much good, if any. I myself don't like talking about my abuse but like you, I have forgiven and moved on... The abusers have not changed that I know of but I need to pray for them (more). It is not easy praying for certain people...
No it isn't. But for our sake we need to pray for those who hurt us the most. It may or may not help them. It does help us. (((hugs)))

obviously you don't know one thing about the real Jesus. If you did, you'd know that He is not "lying, cheating, deceitful.."
You can’t wave an arm without hitting a church-associated individual in my family. I spent more time in churches than probably anywhere other than home and school. I’ve seen your “God” at work, first-hand. No thanks.

You can’t wave an arm without hitting a church-associated individual in my family. I spent more time in churches than probably anywhere other than home and school. I’ve seen your “God” at work, first-hand. No thanks.
You have no idea what kind of God anyone serves.

Catholics know Jesus better than Protestants do. But you will never know this because you close your mind to Catholicism. I thought Protestants were interested in Jesus and Jesus alone? But they have no curiosity about the early Church or about the Eucharist, which was mentioned in the first century.

You have no idea what kind of God anyone serves
I know you ALL waste your time, energy, and money on forces which, if they do even exist, do not give a bit of crap about any of us.
Catholics know Jesus better than Protestants do. But you will never know this because you close your mind to Catholicism
I have closed my mind to ALL organized religions across the world, specifically because I’ve seen their fraudulence. They can’t even answer a single, simple question.
I thought Protestants were interested in Jesus and Jesus alone? But they have no curiosity about the early Church or about the Eucharist, which was mentioned in the first century
I’m not a Protestant. Even when I was a member of a church, I saw through the lies and deceit of the Abrahamic cults… Catholic, Jewish, Protestant, and Muslim.

Forum List

Back