I had an old DUI conviction in 1995

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Have read that I am banned from Canada for life.

Yet they they treat illegall drugs like kid gloves.

And BC premier Gordon Campbell got convicted of a smash -mouth DUI while on vacation in Hawaii.

Serious BAC.

Finally! A reason to be hating on Canadians!

__I_hate_Canada___by_Doomy_san.png

Last edited:
And BC premier Gordon Campbell got convicted of a smash -mouth DUI while on vacation in Hawaii. Serious BAC.
Unless you like cities full of Asian chicks and a lot of snow, you aint' missin' nothin'. (juss kiddin') :lol:

And BC premier Gordon Campbell got convicted of a smash -mouth DUI while on vacation in Hawaii. Serious BAC.
Unless you like cities full of Asian chicks and a lot of snow, you aint' missin' nothin'. (juss kiddin') :lol:

Canada, Mad, not Tibet!

A: Yes, even a DUI from long ago can come back to haunt travelers to Canada. A drunken-driving conviction is treated under Canadian immigration law like a felony offense, making travelers inadmissible to Canada. People with DUI convictions have been turned back more frequently in recent years as border security has been tightened with more jurisdictions sharing computerized information on travelers — and turning up long-ago offenses.

Americans with DUI convictions who want to visit Canada can apply for what's called a "Minister's Approval of Rehabilitaton," which will give them permission to enter. You can get details on the Web page of the Canadian Consulate General in Seattle on what makes visitors inadmissible to Canada and what to do about it:

http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/seattle/visas/inadmissible-en.asp.

source

Canada lets everyone in: terrorists, arabs, pedophiles, murderers... DUI in Canada is a slap on the wrist. Kill someone while drunk driving and you get 2 years of house arrest, but you can leave your house to work, shop (get booze), medical...

Canada lets everyone in: terrorists, arabs, pedophiles, murderers... DUI in Canada is a slap on the wrist. Kill someone while drunk driving and you get 2 years of house arrest, but you can leave your house to work, shop (get booze), medical...

I wonder what life is like for a person who lives in the UK but fears Canada is out to get him?

Did a goose scare you as a child, Bonano?

funny-pictures-T0788.jpg

Last edited:

And BC premier Gordon Campbell got convicted of a smash -mouth DUI while on vacation in Hawaii.

Serious BAC.

You should have thought about your future international travel aspirations before you got behind the wheel drunk

I have no sympathy for you. My very best friend was killed by a drunk driver. If I could make it happen, I would like to see anybody convicted of driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs do a long jail sentence and be banned from driving in America for life.

I wonder what life is like for a person who lives in the UK but fears Canada is out to get him?

wtf? I don't live in the UK, otherwise known as the land that the tooth fairy forgot.

wtf? I don't live in the UK, otherwise known as the land that the tooth fairy forgot.

New Jersey?

Canada does have strict entry laws and, yes, a long-ago DUI charge can come back to bite you in the arse if you're trying to enter Canada. On the other hand, if the US had any kind of entry restrictions we might be better off. No?

I have no sympathy for you. My very best friend was killed by a drunk driver. If I could make it happen, I would like to see anybody convicted of driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs do a long jail sentence and be banned from driving in America for life.

I agree. They should never be allowed to drive again.

Serious BAC.

Last driving citation I ever had.

Haven't had so much as turning -without-signaling etc since 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back