🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I had to pay 7 damn dollars for a single light bulb yesterday

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?

YOU GOT SCREWED! Unless you bought an LED. Take heart, one CFL will outlast an incandescent by 8 to 15 times while using only one fourth the energy.

Just think how good a deal you would have gotten had you paid attention.

[ame=[URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UYF80S/?tag=ff0d01-20"]GE 26 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 6 Pack - 100 Watt Replacement - Spiral Shaped Compact Fluorescent Bulbs - Amazon.com[/URL] 26 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 6 Pack - 100 Watt Replacement - Spiral Shaped Compact Fluorescent Bulbs - Amazon.com[/ame]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lam

Interesting. Next time I need a single light bulb I'll pretend it's a major purchase & "shop around"

Lol seriously? It's a light bulb not a car

No, just a book, or small appliance:D The new bulbs need to last 10 times as long, actually. I got 2 for $4.69 & thought that was high.

They don't last anywhere near "ten times" as long. I had plenty of those stupid fucking bulbs burn out shortly after buying them.

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?
By raising the cost of a stupid light bulb 700% the Democrats are helping the poor, doncha know?

YOU GOT SCREWED! Unless you bought an LED. Take heart, one CFL will outlast an incandescent by 8 to 15 times while using only one fourth the energy.

[ame=[URL='http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UYF80S/?tag=ff0d01-20']GE 26 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 6 Pack - 100 Watt Replacement - Spiral Shaped Compact Fluorescent Bulbs - Amazon.com[/URL] 26 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 6 Pack - 100 Watt Replacement - Spiral Shaped Compact Fluorescent Bulbs - Amazon.com[/ame]

Interesting. Next time I need a single light bulb I'll pretend it's a major purchase & "shop around"

No, just a book, or small appliance:D The new bulbs need to last 10 times as long, actually. I got 2 for $4.69 & thought that was high.

They don't last anywhere near "ten times" as long. I had plenty of those stupid fucking bulbs burn out shortly after buying them.
LED's or CFL's?.....the CFL's i had first used were not very impressive,they lasted 2-3 times as long and they had that mercury in them....i have had LED's on the outside of my place for 5 years so far,and i know this cause i wrote it down in the garage when i put the 4 of them in,and they are on all night and have not changed one yet,inside same difference....and they are 60 watters and bright....

CFL or LED?
LED....CFL's are a hazard....
The poor and the majority of the lower middle class cannot afford LED's.
but they can afford many of the other things they have right?....and besides 5 years ago LED's were hardly even out yet.....give them time and they will be cheaper....
Actually those extras would depend on where you are located in the country, how much rent is, utilities, etc. We live on less than $500.00 a month for food and utilities there is no extra each month and I shuffle the bills from month to month to keep the services on. We also struggle to keep the taxes paid every year (they are behind this year so we will have to pay the 21% interest when we get to a point we can pay them). The place is paid for as we paid cash as we had the money when we bought it over twenty years ago. Wood heat, limited electric, no water bill but we have a well and collect rain water and we did not have our own Internet service or phone for years up until last Fall. No medical insurance. No house or fire insurance and if the car my son helped get last year breaks down we are stuck. If one of us gets sick we must depend on the natural remedies (the naturally growing yard and garden has some great resources for some things). So a $1.66 is out of the question as that would buy dish soap or some toilet paper and if we get lucky a few paper towels. Could all be better but we have seen worse since the fraud, business sabotage and all started here back in 2000. For several years we could not afford to leave here as the bank would file papers and the court was helping them cover their fraudulent tracks as they attempted to justify their fraud and theft so had to be here or miss their ten day response filings. Not that it did any good but the best effort we could do was put forth for as long as we could we did fight it through the years.
what do you use to post here?....
An old computer. We got Internet again last Fall here. It is a remote area that still has a private telephone company- land line and Internet are connected so you actually must pay two charges to have an Internet connection.

[ame=[URL='http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UYF80S/?tag=ff0d01-20']GE 26 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 6 Pack - 100 Watt Replacement - Spiral Shaped Compact Fluorescent Bulbs - Amazon.com[/URL] 26 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 6 Pack - 100 Watt Replacement - Spiral Shaped Compact Fluorescent Bulbs - Amazon.com[/ame]

LED's or CFL's?.....the CFL's i had first used were not very impressive,they lasted 2-3 times as long and they had that mercury in them....i have had LED's on the outside of my place for 5 years so far,and i know this cause i wrote it down in the garage when i put the 4 of them in,and they are on all night and have not changed one yet,inside same difference....and they are 60 watters and bright....

They weren't LEDs. I don't mind LED lights for certain things. But in the house I like to have soft light, not big bright lights.

They weren't LEDs. I don't mind LED lights for certain things. But in the house I like to have soft light, not big bright lights.
with the Cree brand you can get soft white....my wife is epileptic and cant tolerate bright lights....the soft white LED's dont bother her at all and the 60 watters light up the room just fine...

with the Cree brand you can get soft white....my wife is epileptic and cant tolerate bright lights....the soft white LED's dont bother her at all and the 60 watters light up the room just fine...
You buy Cree & haven't replaced a bulb in 5 years?

Hey........not a big deal. 8 years under Obama and what do the green k00ks have to celebrate? Light bulb legislation.........AND THATS IT!!:2up:

Solar energy is still less than 1% for meeting our electricity needs and wind just a bit more.......in other words, 8 years later, renewables still a joke and event eh Obama EIA projects total renewables will still only be 10% in 2040 ( and most of that hydropower ):rofl::rofl::bye1: . Cap and Trade? Dead as a doornail!!! And Chinese coal production will be increasing by 50% by 2050!!! Also.....in 2016, nobody is caring about global warming.........its is at the bottom or second from the bottom in every poll of the top 20 concerns of voters.......yes.........dead last!!! Check Pew, Gallup or Rasmussen.......carbon copy polls!!!

So what if you have to pay a couple more $ for a light bulb..........I laugh every time I have to buy one!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: The green k00ks can hang their hats on light bulb legislation as their success over the last 10 years!!!:rock::rock::spinner:

Thank the libs for the high cost of your fancy new light bulbs...
you can thank the LED makers who have made a bulb that lasts as long as 20 incandescents and uses a lot less power than those 20....
That the liberals, like with Obamacare, mandated.
its not mandated....in California i was able to buy the old bulbs with no problems...
It just has not been enforced as of yet. With the mandate on chemical soaps came some real issues that no one had forethought on.

Its actually cheaper in the long run. New bulbs last 10 times as long as the older ones.

Was it a specialty light?

Even LED are down to about $3 for a bulb these days.

Ooops, missed the date..

You buy Cree & haven't replaced a bulb in 5 years?

yep....the 4 on the outside and 3 are on all night long....still going....

I've replaced most of my house with LEDs

7 watts vs 75 watts

I can see why conservatives are so pissed

Ooohhhh look, Shitflinger is lying,. Must be a day ending in "Y"

upload_2016-7-28_10-9-48.png

Forum List

Back