I had to pay 7 damn dollars for a single light bulb yesterday

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?
If it wasn't an LED, you're paying too much. Most CFLs are down to a couple bucks. I only changed one the past several years. A knocked over lamp also required replacement.

I've replaced the cab light in my truck with LEDs. Easy switch, not too expensive and they work great. They can also work for days without running the battery down as I found out one time.

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?

CFL or LED?
LED....CFL's are a hazard....
The poor and the majority of the lower middle class cannot afford LED's.

Sure they can....the poor can't afford not to have them

Just replace them one or two at a time and see how much you save. Start with the rooms in your house that have the lights on most the time....Kitchen, living room, family room
Bathrooms, closets where the lights are only on for a few minutes don't really need them

Lowes and Home Depot have plenty of incandescent bulbs.
Link to 100 watters?
What are you trying to heat up? I use 60 watters for my pump house and chicken coop.

GE Reveal 100-Watt Incandescent A19 Reveal Clear Light Bulb (2-Pack)-72ACL/RVH-2/12TP - The Home Depot

those curly bulbs are frikkin hot as well

however the leds are nice an cool

big money savers in the long run too

i have converted several buildings over

mostly hotels they last longer as well

we converted our home my three shops and the Mrs pet grooming shop over as well

In all seriousness, LEDs are amazing. On stage, I actually prefer the old technology since it is smoother, despite the heat. There is a slight vibration with LEDs although nothing as bad as fluorescent. I have a couple Cree LED "60 watt" output bulbs from Home Depot that have been on almost 24/7 for 3 years. Totally blows away incandescent and florescent for longevity and electricity usage.

In all seriousness, LEDs are amazing. On stage, I actually prefer the old technology since it is smoother, despite the heat. There is a slight vibration with LEDs although nothing as bad as fluorescent. I have a couple Home Depot LED "60 watt" output bulbs that have been on almost 24/7 for 3 years.

you bet

they last a lot longer

i will never go back

isn't there a (lite bulb conspiracy) section for this thread, it's stretching the definition of politics a little.

isn't there a lite bulb section for this thread, it's stretching the definition of politics a little.

the light bulb war was and probably still is a political issue

see i buy led lights because i want to

not because the over sized tyrannical government forces me to

isn't there a lite bulb section for this thread, it's stretching the definition of politics a little.

oh... sorry then.

CFL or LED?
LED....CFL's are a hazard....
The poor and the majority of the lower middle class cannot afford LED's.

Sure they can....the poor can't afford not to have them

Just replace them one or two at a time and see how much you save. Start with the rooms in your house that have the lights on most the time....Kitchen, living room, family room
Bathrooms, closets where the lights are only on for a few minutes don't really need them
Use what you want LEDs, incandescents, CFLs - it's all good.
I prefer 100 W incandescents they have better light...

oh... sorry then.

yes the government banned 100 watt bulbs

and several other types awhile back

and moving on to round two

that is a little more of the issue

funny thing is if folks want 100 watt bulbs

GE still makes them in China

--LOL

Forum List