🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I had to pay 7 damn dollars for a single light bulb yesterday

Oh good grief.

No, you didn't pay near what you're saying you did.

WHUT is it with some RWs hanging on to their ignorance like this?

And why is this in Politics?

Oh wait - its Gramps. Never mind.

Actually, the light bulb wasn't that expensive...but the alcohol he got with it was.

Two fucking hack bitches trying to pretend they know what I paid & make me out as a liar. Well fuck you both. There were two opions, the other one was nearly 10 dollars.

Uh huh. Cool story. :neutral:

You should write your congressman about this outrage.

Excuse me but it's what was available to purchase in the store I was shopping at. Least you have me "burn" "oil" & "gas" to go purchase elsewhere.

Fuck almighty. Some of you fools would spend 5 bucks in oil to drive somewhere else to save 2 dollars. And ya call me stupid lol

Dude, it's quite simple: nobody believes you! I am in grocery stores EVERY DAY making deliveries...and guess what? They ALL still sell incandescent 3-way bulbs!

Your experience represents the entire country.....got it

Your "experience" represents what exactly?

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?

You must hate the planet...

Or some bullshit bed wetter response.

$7 light bulbs are "progress"

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?

Well, the new LED bulbs use about a dollar's worth of electricity per year.
Money savers.

Well, the new LED bulbs use about a dollar's worth of electricity per year.
Money savers.

So do the old incandescents.

Wow what a savings...

This is what happens when General Electric gets in bed with progressives.

You wish .....

When this bill was introduced to the Senate, the new provisions became the focus of debate. The White House and Sen. Domenici warned that Bush would veto the bill because of the tax portion. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Democrats had "shown how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" by "inserting an enormous tax hike, a tax hike they knew would doom this legislation." Reid said Congress should not be intimidated by a veto threat, "We are the Congress of the United States. We can write things even though the president may not like them." Democrats said that the tax measure was modest and only took back tax breaks the oil companies received in 2004 and that they did not need them with oil prices at about $90 a barrel.

The House version of the bill (with $13 billion raised from the oil industry, a mandate that utilities rely on renewable energy for at least 15 percent of their power generation, and a $21.8 billion 10-year tax package) failed by a one vote margin. A final attempt to end debate and make way for a vote failed by 59 - 40 despite the return of four Democratic presidential candidates, Hillary Clinton (NY), Barack Obama (Ill.), Christopher Dodd (Conn.), and Joseph Biden (Del.). Nine Republicans voted in favor of ending debate while one Democrat, Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) voted against it. Sen. John McCain was not present.

The revised Senate bill passed 86-8 on December 13. The House approved this final version 314-100 on December 18, and President Bush signed it the following day.

Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lies based on piss ignorance happen, whenever a rep for the cult of zero accountability provides the historical context for pretty much anything.

A progressive tree huggers idea of progress.

So were lampshades made from human skin.

I have a theory that a flickering light bulb is what caused Pete's sanity to crack.

Oh, Lowe's sells 3-way bulbs for $2.98. For a 2-pack.

Shop SYLVANIA 2-Pack 150-Watt A21 Medium Base Soft White 3-Ways Incandescent Light Bulbs at Lowes.com

And electricity is about $10/year for an incandescent 100-watt bult, $2.50 a year for the CFL, less for an LED.

Last edited:
No doubt conservatives complained when light bulbs replaced candles.
When the automobile became available, conservatives yelled, "get a horse" at them.

Forum List

Back