I had to pay 7 damn dollars for a single light bulb yesterday

I have 39 light bulbs in my 3 car garage, 36 T-8 blinding 6500k bulbs and 3 dim useless government bulbs.
I have 39 light bulbs in my 3 car garage, 36 T-8 blinding 6500k bulbs and 3 dim useless government bulbs.

If it weren't for the useless government programs like TVA that democrats gave you, you'd still be living in a shotgun shack with kerosene lighting.

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?

You will be gone soon, Gramps, and it's not fair for you to use up energy resources with your inefficient bulbs.

On the upside, your new bulb will outlive you.

Those new lite bulbs don't burn that long, been my experience.
Of course, progressives ideas are not all that bright...

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?

Well, there are still plenty of incandescent bulbs out there, but the supply is dwindling and will inevitably run dry.

LED illuminators are where the lighting industry is heading.

The cost of these units has already come down to a third of what they intro'd at, but as you pointed out, they're well beyond the .60 cents of the old lightbulb.

The lifespan of the LED is projected to be roughly 50,000 hours of use... and users who dim these units will likely see 70-80,000 hours.

Eventually, the 'lightbulb' will slip out of the lexicon and at some point, the question to 'How many Leftists does it take to change a lightbulb?' will be answered by the future generations with "Why would a light be in a bulb and why would anyone want to change one?"

The cost of operation of the LED is a tiny fraction of the old analogue units, with a 75 watt equivalent illuminator costing only 8 -12 watts, with virtually no transient heat.

We just finished a design for a client who was using 90 watt incandescent floods to light their home. With the local KW/hour rate, the kitchen alone cost them just over $20/day to light, with this not including the added expense in air conditioning to overcome the substantial transient heat cast off by the old units. Today the kitchen expense is less than 3 dollars, with better, substantially more comprehensive lighting.

So yeah... the old bulbs are going the way of the wind. But the new technology is actually an improvement... .

Hope that helps, if only in some small way.

Last edited:

Well, there are still plenty of incandescent bulbs out there, but the supply is dwindling and will inevitably run dry.

The cost of these units has already come down to a third of what they intro'd at, but as you pointed out, they're well beyond the .60 cents of the old lightbulb.

The lifespan of the LED is projected to be roughly 50,000 hours of use... and users who dim these units will likely see 70-80,000 hours.

Eventually, the 'lightbulb' will slip out of the lexicon and at some point, the question to 'How many Leftists does it take to change a lightbulb?' will be answered by the future generations with "Why would a light be in a bulb and why would anyone want to change one?"

The cost of operation of the LED is a tiny fraction of the old analogue units, with a 75 watt equivalent illuminator costing only 8 -12 watts, with virtually no transient heat. We just finished a design for a client who was using 90 watt incandescent floods to light their home. With the local KW/hour rate, the kitchen alone cost them just over $20/day to light, with this not including the added expense in air conditioning to overcome the substantial transient heat cast off by the old units. Today the kitchen expense is less than 3 dollars, with better, substantially more comprehensive lighting.

So yeah... the old bulbs are going the way of the wind. But the new technology is actually an improvement... .

All for the technology, but for an "all of the above" approach along with a choice...
If I want to drive around a vehicle that gets 5 miles to the gallon or hundred miles to a gallon, it should be my choice no one else's...

...to hell with this follow the leader shit

You will be gone soon, Gramps, and it's not fair for you to use up energy resources with your inefficient bulbs.

The Compact Florescent Lamps (CFCs) are crap... filled with poison and are the consequence of the mad rush, by the Left, to pack away the incandescents. They're everything one should reasonably expect from ideas originating with the Eco-Cranks.

LOL! Only the Left... the saviors of the Earth and water... would fill a HUNDRED MILLION fatally flawed light bulbs, destined for the landfill... with MERCURY.

The Compact Florescent Lamps (CFCs) are crap... filled with poison and are the consequence of the mad rush, by the Left, to pack away the incandescents. They're everything one should reasonably expect from ideas originating with the Eco-Cranks.

LOL! Only the Left... the saviors of the Earth and water... would fill a HUNDRED MILLION fatally flawed light bulbs, destined for the landfill... with MERCURY.
A plethora of hypocrisy... "Green energy"...

you can still get what you want in the incandescent bulb

ge still produces them by the butt load in places like china

"{Dude...like, smoke more dope and vote Democrat dude...save a tree, it will be alright." My impression of a typical liberal idiot.

I doubt you have ever had a conversation with a liberal.Your impression is of what rush told you a liberal was.

The cost of operation of the LED is a tiny fraction of the old analogue units, with a 75 watt equivalent illuminator costing only 8 -12 watts, with virtually no transient heat. We just finished a design for a client who was using 90 watt incandescent floods to light their home. With the local KW/hour rate, the kitchen alone cost them just over $20/day to light, with this not including the added expense in air conditioning to overcome the substantial transient heat cast off by the old units. Today the kitchen expense is less than 3 dollars, with better, substantially more comprehensive lighting.

All for the technology, but for an "all of the above" approach along with a choice...
If I want to drive around a vehicle that gets 5 miles to the gallon or hundred miles to a gallon, it should be my choice no one else's...

...to hell with this follow the leader shit

I agree... I do not agree with the way they went about it. And I'm shocked that something better came out of it.

But, the simple truth is that it actually is better... and a house full of LEDs will set you back a paycheck... but it will revolutionize your electric bill. As a general rule, it will take 1.5 years to recoup the cost of the LEDs in reduced energy costs... but will likely last you better than 15 years.

Last edited:
not only are they expensive, they are made in fricken China---------------this country has lost its mind.

and don't drop one on your kitchen floor, you will have to call the hazmat team to clean it up.
Oh my.....I wonder how much other stuff you buy from China.

the payoff is around two years

it is worth it

Well that depends upon a number of things... From the efficiency of the drivers in the illuminators, to units that are being replaced.

We're finding that most people are maxed out wattage wise for their fixtures. Lamps rated at 60 watts routinely have 75 watt bulbs. In ceiling recessed cans rarely have less than 75 watt bulbs.

And the payout calcs are built around fixture ratings... As a result, we're seeing payouts coming in at 14-18 months.

If it weren't for the useless government programs like TVA that democrats gave you, you'd still be living in a shotgun shack with kerosene lighting.

^^^ more proof liberals in the past back in the old days when they were still relevant.

it is worth it

Well that depends upon a number of things... From the efficiency of the drivers in the illuminators, to units that are being replaced.

We're finding that most people are maxed out wattage wise for their fixtures. Lamps rated at 60 watts routinely have 75 watt bulbs. In ceiling recessed cans rarely have less than 75 watt bulbs.

And the payout calcs are built around fixture ratings... As a result, we're seeing payouts coming in at 14-18 months.

i have retrofitted several hotels with LED

it is acceptable if the payout is two years

it is worth it

Two years is fine... and commercial is a different animal. I'm just saying that it's not taking that long, in my experience, for our projects, for the reasons I stated.

If you don't mind, how comprehensive were your upgrades?

Were they just Bulb pulls or redesigns with external drivers?

Last edited:

it is worth it

Two years is fine... and commercial is a different animal. I'm just saying that it's not taking that long, in my experience, for our projects, for the reasons I stated.

redesign mostly a couple of smaller projects just bulbs

it is worth it

redesign mostly a couple of smaller projects just bulbs

We recently setup a small storefront with LumaStream and loved it. Precise consistency in color... easy install fixtures and it draws dick for current. But I HATE commercial... and they're not quite ready for Residential. Plus... their margins were ridiculous.

Obama and his union thugs have screwed up McDonalds.

Now all they have is partimers. Their service went to shit and their food is too expensive now.

Forum List

Back