I Hate Walmarts

No one is forcing people to shop at walmart.

Take a look at this thread, syrenn. Most people make their purchasing decisions based solely on price and quality. Undercutting prices to drive out the competition is so evil, it's illegal, but for some odd reason Walmarts never gets slammed by DOJ for this practice.

Walmart does not offer much *quality*. They offer "step down" versions at lower prices

Go look at a pair of Levi's jeans at say Kohl's for $40 vs. the pair at Walmart for $25.. The material isn't even close.

So, really, Walmart isn't undercutting anyone. They're offering cheaper quality at cheaper prices, and giving people options..

I don't know how much time you have to spend shopping for this and for that, but my time is actually worth more.

Clothes shopping is challenging, Dis and I am not faulting you even if you dun alter your spending habits. We all do the best we can.

If you alter even 20% of your purchasing decisions, good on you. If not, mayhaps later when you have less life stress.

Ahhh...ACE Hardware....LOVE the place: Walk in and 4-5 people wanna help you, and at least one actually knows WTF they're talking about.

Yup.
Gatta love better customer service at the local hardware store!

We have a new Loews ( the size of a small mall ) opening up in our town, probably before Christmas. I hate it. I hate driving past it ... I hate the fact that even MORE people will be coming to my town to shop. Granted, the revenue is good, but the traffic ....

You mean "Lowes"? Got one right next door to the property I watch. Their employees come over to watch me train the mutt frequently.. They think he's "cute"..

110 lb.. 7 month old red Pitt.. "cute".. :cuckoo: They even take pictures..

110 lbs? A pit? Sounds like a mastiff, Huggy. I thought pits were fairly small dogs?

Ahhh...ACE Hardware....LOVE the place: Walk in and 4-5 people wanna help you, and at least one actually knows WTF they're talking about.

Yup.

We have a new Loews ( the size of a small mall ) opening up in our town, probably before Christmas. I hate it. I hate driving past it ... I hate the fact that even MORE people will be coming to my town to shop. Granted, the revenue is good, but the traffic ....

You mean "Lowes"? Got one right next door to the property I watch. Their employees come over to watch me train the mutt frequently.. They think he's "cute"..

Lowes ... right! :lol:
Stupid store! I'm always confusing it with the theater!

Walmart does not offer much *quality*. They offer "step down" versions at lower prices

Go look at a pair of Levi's jeans at say Kohl's for $40 vs. the pair at Walmart for $25.. The material isn't even close.

So, really, Walmart isn't undercutting anyone. They're offering cheaper quality at cheaper prices, and giving people options..

I don't know how much time you have to spend shopping for this and for that, but my time is actually worth more.

Exactly the reason why I don't buy any clothes from them.

Take a look at this thread, syrenn. Most people make their purchasing decisions based solely on price and quality. Undercutting prices to drive out the competition is so evil, it's illegal, but for some odd reason Walmarts never gets slammed by DOJ for this practice.

Clothes shopping is challenging, Dis and I am not faulting you even if you dun alter your spending habits. We all do the best we can.

If you alter even 20% of your purchasing decisions, good on you. If not, mayhaps later when you have less life stress.

LOL! If it makes you feel any better, I buy energy shots, paper, cleaning supplies, coffee for my Tassimo machine (they're the only store that sells it) and cat food from Walmart (they actually sell Science Diet for cheaper than all the pet stores).

No clothes, CERTAINLY no electronics, definitely no Christmas shopping, no jewelry, etc.

LOL! If it makes you feel any better, I buy energy shots, paper, cleaning supplies, coffee for my Tassimo machine (they're the only store that sells it) and cat food from Walmart (they actually sell Science Diet for cheaper than all the pet stores).

No clothes, CERTAINLY no electronics, definitely no Christmas shopping, no jewelry, etc.

OOOOooooo La-de-dah...."Tassio Machine Coffee......":razz:

I agree, and that is why i like walmart. I go for the things i want and skip the things i dont want.

They have some of the exact things and you cant beat their prices.

Don't knock it til you've actually tried it.

If you like plain coffee, get a Mr. Coffee.

If you like coffee, tea, cappuccino, latte's, and cocoa, get a Tassimo, and some flavored Splenda sticks.

It's like Starbucks in my kitchen.

If you like coffee, tea, cappuccino, latte's, and cocoa, get a Tassimo, and some flavored Splenda sticks.

Yeah, I'm not special enough to drink from a Tassio Machine, princess.

Starbucks is another evil company that uses dead kittens to insulate their stores.

Buy American Made products. Shop locally as much as you can, and support small businesses.

None of us can completely avoid buying foreign-made goods, and some of us are too pressed for time or money to even try. But MOST of us can make some effort and knee-jerk following the dollar around, trying to save a nickel, is creating severe suffering overseas and here at home.

If you can try and source your goods purchased, it will aid an American. If you do not, it will harm one. If you would not buy a pesticide that harmed our environment, then don't buy cleaning products that are made by children and put American workers on the unemployment line.

Where I live (Baltimore) there are Farmer's Markets open on the weekends.
Besides selling produce such as uncooked and prepared foods, they also offer hand made craft items, houseplants, clothing, soap, etc. Vendors like these are worth checking out as a source of locally produced gifts for the holidays.

Last edited:
Yup.

110 lbs? A pit? Sounds like a mastiff, Huggy. I thought pits were fairly small dogs?

Not this one. He's growing like a weed. Been working with him for about three months. He was about 60lbs then. He's almost got the body of a grown Boxer now but way thicker everywhere. His neck is around 22 inches. It always pays to snag the pick of the litter.

We play tug of war for his strength with a thick 20 ft nylon strap with me sitting braced on a chair. I weigh in at 225 and he can drag me and the chair accross the room. He is exceptionallly large and strong for his age.

Starbucks is another evil company that uses dead kittens to insulate their stores.

Even you don't need to be special. Just pop $175 for the machine, and $9.00 a package for the different types of drinks. (Or, go to Walmart, and get the drinks for $5-7 bucks a package.

Not this one. He's growing like a weed. Been working with him for about three months. He was about 60lbs then. He's almost got the body of a grown Boxer now but way thicker everywhere. His neck is around 22 inches. It always pays to snag the pick of the litter.

We play tug of war for his strength with a thick 20 ft nylon strap with me sitting braced on a chair. I weigh in at 225 and he can drag me and the chair accross the room. He is exceptionallly large and strong for his age.

You wouldn't happen to be straying from the topic, now would you, Huggybear? ;)

You wouldn't happen to be straying from the topic, now would you, Huggybear? ;)

Moi? Never! We was talkin about Big Box stores and I just "happened " to mention some of the peeps at the Lowes admiring my dog training skills... Well maybe...point taken..:lol:

Even you don't need to be special. Just pop $175 for the machine, and $9.00 a package for the different types of drinks. (Or, go to Walmart, and get the drinks for $5-7 bucks a package.

"Just pop $175 for the machine?"

To make COFFEE??!!!

For christssakes, Princess Dis, a Bangladeshi family could survive for two years on what you've spent on a coffee maker.

No wonder the world hates us, and we gotta send our president around to apologise to everyone.

To make COFFEE??!!!

For christssakes, Princess Dis, a Bangladeshi family could survive for two years on what you've spent on a coffee maker.

No wonder the world hates us, and we gotta send our president around to apologise to everyone.

No. To make coffee, or cappuccino, or latte, or hot cocoa, or tea..

And when you consider how many times a week I am NOT driving my SUV to Starbucks, you'll see this is a good thing. :lol:

But, you can keep calling me Princess if you want.

To make COFFEE??!!!

And when you consider how many times a week I am NOT driving my SUV to Starbucks, you'll see this is a good thing. :lol:

There was a time, in this great nation, when people drank plain ol' coffee.

Now there are those who must have "latte, or hot cocoa."

We have become a nation of soft, pampered individuals, spending $175.00 on a Tassio Machine.

To make COFFEE??!!!

We have become a nation of soft, pampered individuals, spending $175.00 on a Tassio Machine.

Its her money, she earned it,and should be able to spend it any way she sees fit.

To make COFFEE??!!!

PAMPERED?! LMFAO! I work (note: present tense - WORK - not "worked") my ass off for every single thing I have.

Pampered is having shit handed to you without doing a damned thing for it.

Forum List

Back