I Hate Walmarts

Walmart hasn't destroyed shit. No one is forced to shop there.

Jesus, you can be dense, dilloduck. Walmarts moves into a community after a shady real estate deal, builds an environmental offense of a store and then undercuts prices of local businesses until they are all shuttered. It's been done so often it has to be their business model.

I hear they insulate the walls with dead kittens.

Are you insinuating I am imagining this?

Wal-Mart Collapses U.S. Cities and Towns

Should Small Businesses Fear Wal-Mart? - US News and World Report

Wal-Mart, Eminent Domain and Corporate Welfare

Jesus, you can be dense, dilloduck. Walmarts moves into a community after a shady real estate deal, builds an environmental offense of a store and then undercuts prices of local businesses until they are all shuttered. It's been done so often it has to be their business model.

That's another thing!

Thankyou for ANOTHER ..Bad Analogy...:clap2: :clap2:

There are many good reasons to hate Walmart. It has destroyed more truly American small business than any other entity. The few thousands of jobs it has created relative to the millions lost for the savings of a few dollars in purchases is obscene.

I have never spent a dime in a Walmart. It disgusts me to see America canibalising itself in this way.

You mean Home Depot Right?

Are you insinuating I am imagining this?

Wal-Mart Collapses U.S. Cities and Towns

Should Small Businesses Fear Wal-Mart? - US News and World Report

Wal-Mart, Eminent Domain and Corporate Welfare

I'm certain you could find all sorts of bloggers that would support your opinions.

Do you also believe Elvis is alive?

Proof: Elvis is Alive!! - Elvis Presley, the man, the myth, the legend, the king of rock-n-roll, IS ALIVE and working as an undercover agent for the DEA

THE ELVIS IS ALIVE MUSEUM

Elvis Presley death mystery

PRESLEY PROOF POSITIVE? - by John Herrington

Thankyou for ANOTHER ..Bad Analogy...:clap2: :clap2:

There are many good reasons to hate Walmart. It has destroyed more truly American small business than any other entity. The few thousands of jobs it has created relative to the millions lost for the savings of a few dollars in purchases is obscene.

I have never spent a dime in a Walmart. It disgusts me to see America canibalising itself in this way.

No one is forcing people to shop at walmart.

Take a look at this thread, syrenn. Most people make their purchasing decisions based solely on price and quality. Undercutting prices to drive out the competition is so evil, it's illegal, but for some odd reason Walmarts never gets slammed by DOJ for this practice.

Take a look at this thread, syrenn. Most people make their purchasing decisions based solely on price and quality. Undercutting prices to drive out the competition is so evil, it's illegal, but for some odd reason Walmarts never gets slammed by DOJ for this practice.

"Undercutting prices to drive out the competition is so evil, it's illegal, but for some odd reason Walmarts never gets slammed by DOJ for this practice."

"Some odd reason" = because they're not doing it. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

The majority of Home Depot products are made in the USA.. I don't know the exact dollar ammount but many of the things they offer are. I buy some things there ... I purchase most hardware items at my local ACE Hardware.

It's actually Free Market competition.

No, No, No.....the DOJ just hasn't ever heard of Wal-Mart.:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

The majority of Home Depot products are made in the USA.. I don't know the exact dollar ammount but many of the things they offer are. I buy some things there ... I purchase most hardware items at my local ACE Hardware.

Ahhh...ACE Hardware....LOVE the place: Walk in and 4-5 people wanna help you, and at least one actually knows WTF they're talking about.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

No, No, No.....the DOJ just hasn't ever heard of Wal-Mart.

Too busy leaning on my county voting registrar to compel us to waste a quarter of a million bucks to print bilingual ballots, for non-English speaking people who dun live here.

Gotta keep those priorities straight.

Ahhh...ACE Hardware....LOVE the place: Walk in and 4-5 people wanna help you, and at least one actually knows WTF they're talking about.

Yup.
Gatta love better customer service at the local hardware store!

We have a new Loews ( the size of a small mall ) opening up in our town, probably before Christmas. I hate it. I hate driving past it ... I hate the fact that even MORE people will be coming to my town to shop. Granted, the revenue is good, but the traffic ....

Why are lower prices evil? Its called business. You either compete or you die, simple. It is not illegal, its called lose leaders.

If you want to pay 3 times as much for the EXACT same product feel free to do that. Most people cant afford to do that.

Walmart does not offer much *quality*. They offer "step down" versions at lower prices

Go look at a pair of Levi's jeans at say Kohl's for $40 vs. the pair at Walmart for $25.. The material isn't even close.

So, really, Walmart isn't undercutting anyone. They're offering cheaper quality at cheaper prices, and giving people options..

I don't know how much time you have to spend shopping for this and for that, but my time is actually worth more.

Yup.

We have a new Loews ( the size of a small mall ) opening up in our town, probably before Christmas. I hate it. I hate driving past it ... I hate the fact that even MORE people will be coming to my town to shop. Granted, the revenue is good, but the traffic ....

You mean "Lowes"? Got one right next door to the property I watch. Their employees come over to watch me train the mutt frequently.. They think he's "cute"..

110 lb.. 7 month old red Pitt.. "cute".. :cuckoo: They even take pictures..

Yup.

See, and our Ace Hardware, Ill avoid like the plague.. When we first moved to this rinky dink town, we took a lawnmower blade in to have it sharpened.. They said it would be ready in a week.. 6 months later (and a new lawn mower later), they called and said we could pick it up, and it would be $7.00.

We told them to keep it.

Forum List

Back