I have a custody battle tomorrow

Drunk often? Sometimes
Stupid 90% of the time sytfe? It appears so.

Judging a character on outward appearances? You know what they say....

People are giving you "good lucks" because you are fucked.
Grandparents are always fucked. My daughter wants to move a thousand miles away. Her ex seeks to keep her here. I've basically raised my grandson half his life. Either way I lose

Well, she and her ex husband are the parents. You are not the parent. They are going to move to where things are going to work out best for them, not you. You will have to go and visit the grandchildren. Thousands if not millions of grandparents are in this situation.

Grandparents are always fucked. My daughter wants to move a thousand miles away. Her ex seeks to keep her here. I've basically raised my grandson half his life. Either way I lose

well sort of we have been raising a grand child for 13 plus years now

the courts did side with us conditionally

Whatever you do....

Don't let the judge read your posts on USMB
He will move those kids as far away as possible

Well, she and her ex husband are the parents. You are not the parent. They are going to move to where things are going to work out best for them, not you. You will have to go and visit the grandchildren. Thousands if not millions of grandparents are in this situation.
Where did this mentality start that one parent has the right to take a child away from its entire family, including the other parent, by moving across the country? How is this bullshit excusable much less acceptable?

Where did this mentality start that one parent has the right to take a child away from its entire family, including the other parent, by moving across the country? How is this bullshit excusable much less acceptable?

Sometimes it can't be helped

But I believe if a parent takes a child that far from the other parent, they should have to pay the costs of visitation

Well, what is your daughter's reason for wanting to move away? That would be helpful information if you want an honest opinion. Otherwise, I'm just speaking in general terms. If she has a job offer that is a good one, then she is probably going to take it and move. There are probably other valid reasons for moving away too, and none of them are meant to harm or to hurt you, I'm sure.

For curious minds...

Joint custody was granted with both parents getting equal time and residence. Child support was maintained which kind of shocked me. Leaving the state with the child is forbidden by either party without prior approval. If someone wants to move they relinquish full custody to the parent that remains behind.

Forum List

Back