I have a custody battle tomorrow

For curious minds...

Joint custody was granted with both parents getting equal time and residence. Child support was maintained which kind of shocked me. Leaving the state with the child is forbidden by either party without prior approval. If someone wants to move they relinquish full custody to the parent that remains behind.
Seems fair

So..she is forced to stay where she is. Maybe she wanted away because she knows how much you love your ex son in law and she has no safe place due to that? I don't know..just asking.

So in essence..she must live within a certain vicinity...or lose her kid. That kinda sucks. You lived your life Grampa. She can't live hers somewhere else and start anew...because she would have to do it alone and never see her kid again. Yes, that really sucks.

So..she is forced to stay where she is. Maybe she wanted away because she knows how much you love your ex son in law and she has no safe place due to that? I don't know..just asking.

So in essence..she must live within a certain vicinity...or lose her kid. That kinda sucks. You lived your life Grampa. She can't live hers somewhere else and start anew...because she would have to do it alone and never see her kid again. Yes, that really sucks.
Seems fair

They had joint custody 50/50
If she chooses to leave, why should she get full custody?
Judge said...you leave, you forfeit your 50 percent

Seems fair

Which means...she has no papers to travel, ala Russia Rules. But she can if she leaves her kid behind.
Again..that sucks.
I feel for grandparents that want to be with their grandkids...but the parent should be able to live their own life with their child wherever they wish to go to start that new life. Choosing a new start over your kid...its a no brainer. But being doomed to stay local near the ex who the Father adores?
*Shuddering*

And I have my reasons for thinking this way. Trust me on this.

Seems fair

Which means...she has no papers to travel, ala Russia Rules. But she can if she leaves her kid behind.
Again..that sucks.
I feel for grandparents that want to be with their grandkids...but the parent should be able to live their own life with their child wherever they wish to go to start that new life. Choosing a new start over your kid...its a no brainer. But being doomed to stay local near the ex who the Father adores?
*Shuddering*

I trust that you have no idea what you're talking about. Trust me on this.

Seems fair

Again..that sucks.
*Shuddering*

Sigh. Yes I do. I was in the same predictament.
I'm sorry if you see this as against you Grampa. I think you are a wonderful guy and love your grandchild. But there are always two sides and all we have to go on is what you told us. I adore you. But I also feel for your daughter because..BTDT. And I am still paying for that decision even though if given the choice again..I would do the same. But the guilt? Thats a motherfucker. Which is probably 95% why I am so moody. (Nice word for "depressed").

Seems fair

Again..that sucks.
*Shuddering*

I'm sorry if you see this as against you Grampa. I think you are a wonderful guy and love your grandchild. But there are always two sides and all we have to go on is what you told us. I adore you. But I also feel for your daughter because..BTDT. And I am still paying for that decision even though if given the choice again..I would do the same. But the guilt? Thats a motherfucker. Which is probably 95% why I am so moody. (Nice word for "depressed").
You DO NOT KNOW what you're talking about. I have not shared anywhere near enough of the details about the 3 people involved in this for you to have the slightest clue of what you're talking about.

I love all three of them.

FUCK..........

latest

Seems fair

Again..that sucks.
*Shuddering*

You DO NOT KNOW what you're talking about. I have not shared anywhere near enough of the details about the 3 people involved in this for you to have the slightest clue of what you're talking about.
Agreed. Sorry.
Just "remembering" my own situation.
I'll butt out now.

/thread

Seems fair

Again..that sucks.
*Shuddering*

Agreed. Sorry.
Just "remembering" my own situation.
I'll butt out now.

/thread
No need to butt out. I created the thread to share. My kids have it made because I'm such a push over with my girls. And now with my grandson.

I love all three of them.

FUCK..........
Hmm. Does the other person seeking custody ALSO believe that Liberalism is a mental disorder?

Good luck, man.
Don't need to when all the Conservatives tell him good luck and the liberals take pot shots.
Good luck junior.
Fury
Hey Grampa Murked U - if you thought I was taking a shot at you I apologize. But I'm guessing you're not a big cuck like DarkFury.

Seems fair

Again..that sucks.
*Shuddering*

Nobody forced either of them to have a child with someone they didn't plan on staying with. But now both have obligations until the child is an adult.

I agree! Is it job (or no job) related?

I'm thinking that if your daughter told the judge "I'm moving to Seattle because I've been offered a job with Microsoft", this restriction wouldn't be in place.

Seems fair

It seems opportunity-restrictive.

I hate to tell you but the Court Case is the easy part. I "won" custody of my daughter many years ago. The hard part is when not all the parties have the child's best interests at heart. That leads to MEGA probs later. I can only suggest that whatever the outcome YOU abide by the spirit of the Decision; you can't control what the others do.

Greg

Seems fair

Again..that sucks.
*Shuddering*

Why should she get to decide that her former spouse has to forfeit his 50% ??
Vindictive?

It is not her child. It is both their child

Forum List

Back