I have been thinking about voting a straight 3rd party ticket in November

"Straight" 3rd party seems to be an oxymoron since the seemingly most obvious 3rd party candidate is a (former) CEO of a company dedicated to selling marijuana called "Cannabis Sativa".

Without any regard to the actual 3rd party candidates. Pretty much an irresponsible action i know, but at the same time I don't know how else to give my finger to the establishment on both sides. Simply sitting out works in their favor so that's not an option.

Not sure what to do at this point

The majority of Congress would rather work with Hillary than with Trump. That is not to say that the majority of Republicans want that but enough Republicans would prefer that scenario. Trump will be a mess if he is elected. Congress won't work with him. It will be worse than it was with Obama. Hillary is capable of working with Republicans. There might even be some compromises made to get a few things done. I'm not trying to sell you on Nirvana here, just a little bit of reason. Vote Hillary and then vote Republican for Congress and the Senate if you have a Senate race in your state this year.

The majority of Congress would rather work with Hillary than with Trump. That is not to say that the majority of Republicans want that but enough Republicans would prefer that scenario. Trump will be a mess if he is elected. Congress won't work with him. It will be worse than it was with Obama. Hillary is capable of working with Republicans. There might even be some compromises made to get a few things done. I'm not trying to sell you on Nirvana here, just a little bit of reason. Vote Hillary and then vote Republican for Congress and the Senate if you have a Senate race in your state this year.
I will not vote for a criminal. People have to be deaf and dumb to not know about her Email scandals and participation in corruption from the White House to the FBI. This election is about who chooses the next 4-5 SCOTUS justices. The American people voted for Trump for a reason and the GOP leaders should respect our decision or face extinction.

Congress won't work with him...........well don't you think that's part of the problem?

Look at what happened with the FBI and Hil-liar. They are all looking out for each other. If you're part of the club, then you are invited to the back scratching rituals. If they don't want to work with Trump, then it's time to get rid of those people too.

I'm sick of these politicians pounding their fist on the podium when the cameras or microphones are on, and then going to the bar with the very same people they claimed they would fight against, laughing it up while having drinks with them.

An outsider stands almost no chance at getting nominated or elected. This is the one time we have an opportunity to put an outsider in office. Don't let that slip away because we would rather put in yet another professional politician, and then complain about professional politicians later on.

Without any regard to the actual 3rd party candidates. Pretty much an irresponsible action i know, but at the same time I don't know how else to give my finger to the establishment on both sides. Simply sitting out works in their favor so that's not an option.

You are one of those guys, Gramps. There is no pleasing you. It's just your personality.

I've seen enough of your posts to know that you consider yourself to be socially liberal.....for a conservative. You don't hate gay people and you claim to be willing to get along with anyone. I don't think you are an anti-abortion freak....and I think you grasp the seriousness of climate change.

Additionally, you claim that your business....which.....as a service business....hinges on the overall economy being healthy....is doing very, very well.

In other words.....things aren't horrible for you fiscally....and your social positions are aligned with the current administration....for the most part.

Yet....you bitch and moan like your world is coming to an end.

Face it....you are a contrarian. It's just who you are.

It's really your choice on who you vote for. But remember, you can't complain about Hil-liar if she becomes President. Whatever she does, no matter how much risk she puts our country in, no matter what she says or who she nominates for the Supreme court, you didn't try to stop her in any way.

I havent' voted "for" somebody since I started voting. I always vote to keep the worst of the two out of office.
I can and will bitch about whomever I like.

Exactly. And...that will be everybody. It's who you are.

I'm taking my darts and a blindfold.

Trump is a small fraction of a man. Hillary is the most qualified person to seek office in nearly 30 years.

If you buy into the narrative that both are dishonest, both don't care about you, both are on the take, both "suck", etc...

Wouldn't it make more sense to vote for the person who has the qualifications and experience? I mean, if you are hiring someone to fix your roof and each contractor you have available has flaws excpet one has been around for 30 years and the others just got into the business...you'd go with the one who's been around 30 years.

It's not that difficult folks.

Trump is a small fraction of a man. Hillary is the most qualified person to seek office in nearly 30 years.

If you buy into the narrative that both are dishonest, both don't care about you, both are on the take, both "suck", etc...

Wouldn't it make more sense to vote for the person who has the qualifications and experience? I mean, if you are hiring someone to fix your roof and each contractor you have available has flaws excpet one has been around for 30 years and the others just got into the business...you'd go with the one who's been around 30 years.

Now that's comedy gold.

Now that's comedy gold.

8 years FLOTUS
2 Term Senator
Secretary of State

Slam Dunk!

I have been thinking about voting a straight 3rd party ticket in November
Gary Johnson would be as exciting as Calvin Coolidge.

Jill Stein would be like the love-child of Angela Davis + Karl Marx

I think I'll pass.

I'm either voting for Hillary or Johnson.

Hillary is going to win, so I'm voting for Rubio in the Senate.

I like my Democrat Congresswoman, so I'm voting for her.

I don't think it's "an irresponsible action" at all. We have far too many incurious, intellectually lazy voters who barely seem to understand that we have more than two choices. Just vote for the R or the D and feel good about yourself.

If 2016's terrible choice doesn't provide the motivation for us to at least consider a third (and maybe fourth) alternative going forward, then nothing will.

No such thing as a wasted vote, no matter what the silly partisans tell you.

Now that's comedy gold.

8 years FLOTUS
2 Term Senator
Secretary of State

Slam Dunk!
flotus isn't a position
of a state she wasn't from but claimed to be like a native
as a payoff to play along, and she was horrid at it

yes, a slam dunk of worst choice possible

if you like the third party candidates then that is what you should do.
your vote, your choice.

They should include Jill Stein and Gary Johnson in the Debates. If they don't, you'll know the whole thing truly is rigged for the One-Party System.

Correct, it's not that difficult. The 30 year roofer has been accused (but never charged) of ripping off customers, doing shoddy work, and making shady deals with the inspectors of cities. The 30 year roofer has made an unusual large amount of money, and has lied to the authorities repeatedly when questioned about his shady work.

No thanks, I'll try somebody new.

Futile, certainly.

But irresponsible - no.

Voting third party won't get anyone elected - this time - but it will allow a clear conscience in the knowledge that you DID participate and DID show your discontent.

If enough people do that there might, in a century or two, come a third party. But if assholes like Jammie-Jake keep thumping the tubs as though they think they can bring a third party victory into play this year then too many will just stay home and the goal will be no closer.

Yeah, I'd like a third choice that is viable and I'd be tempted to vote that way if only to piss off liberals. But since Hillary seems SO likely to rob America blind the temptation is not huge.
There is a faster way to do it.
Since most people are going to vote for or against one of the two parties, third party will never get enough votes to be a concern to the establishment politicians. Third party is like a flea to them.
But, we do know that both parties look closely at their registered voters, its really all that matters to them because they know people in the end will most of the time vote party.
so, drop the party affiliation with the republicans and the democrats and register as a third party. If enough people were to do this the republicans and the democrats would start evaluating their performance pretty quick. They would then have to change to fall back in line with the average voter.
I dropped republican in GWs 2nd year and switched to libertarian. I dont even like libertarians but thats what I am.

Forum List

Back