I have experiences leading me to believe there is a God

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Here's one.

For years, I had been suffering deep, dark, depression, a total sense of hopelessness that made me want to die. I wouldn't kill myself, but I desperately wanted to die.

One day, after I had lost a job, I got down on my knees and desperately prayed to God to release me of my depression. It wasn't like a casual prayer, it was a total prayer, from deep in my soul, a prayer of total desperation because I had reached the end of my rope.

At the next moment, the depression was lifted, and I felt my soul liberated in a way I had never felt before.

Since that day, I have had problems, but I have never suffered the kind of deep depression and hopelessness that I had felt before.

I have other experiences, but they are more personal so I am loathe to share them.

Here's one.

For years, I had been suffering deep, dark, depression, a total sense of hopelessness that made me want to die. I wouldn't kill myself, but I desperately wanted to die.

One day, after I had lost a job, I got down on my knees and desperately prayed to God to release me of my depression. It wasn't like a casual prayer, it was a total prayer, from deep in my soul, a prayer of total desperation because I had reached the end of my rope.

At the next moment, the depression was lifted, and I felt my soul liberated in a way I had never felt before.

Since that day, I have had problems, but I have never suffered the kind of deep depression and hopelessness that I had felt before.
That's a great reason for you but not convincing for us. If all you have is that and a 2000 year old story that's weak. I don't care how many Mormons there are that doesn't give the story any credibility

I can't prove God exists to YOU with my subjective experiences, but God has proven to ME he exists. I have had three experiences, where God entered my life and told me something, or caused something within me to change.

Here's one.

That's a great reason for you but not convincing for us. If all you have is that and a 2000 year old story that's weak. I don't care how many Mormons there are that doesn't give the story any credibility
The story of God isn't 2000 years old, it is happening NOW to people all over the world. Every time a person prays, the story continues. I am sure millions of others have had experiences like mine, where God directly intervened in their lives.

Me too, but I went the other way. I haven't seen god's hand since ever. We all need to hang in there and don't give into the darker angels.It's all up to YOU. God won't lift a finger, either way.

Me too, but I went the other way. I haven't seen god's hand since ever. We all need to hang in there and don't give into the darker angels.It's all up to YOU. God won't lift a finger, either way.
So I can't undress women with my eyes?

You couldn't be more wrong. God is like the father, waiting for the prodigal son to return. All the son had to do was make one step towards the father, and the father ran the rest of the way to greet the son, and embrace him, and welcome him home.

So I can't undress women with my eyes?
Who is stopping you? Do you ogle your mother or sister with the same avarice?

Here's one.

Sounds like a good team was formed.

Steelers_Prayer.jpg

There really is no way I can convince you of God on an internet forum.

You have to do what I did, which is to prostrate yourself on the floor and beg God to show you the way.

We are left with just being civil and agreeing to disagree. God or no god. I am listening to John Prine, he says we can all forgive each other till we both turn blue and we can all go fishing in heaven .

Here's one.

For some reason a lot of people have to hit rock bottom to find peace within themselves. Once you do, things do tend to fall into place

Last edited:

You have to do what I did, which is to prostrate yourself on the floor and beg God to show you the way.

OK. What If I do that, and nothing happens?

I pray to god, as an agnostic. An imaginary sky spirit and random stuff that happens is better that our justice system, and brothers and sisters, I have been a juror, and it dosen't work. Random chance or a flip of the coin, Darwinism, God's will, I can't tell the difference.

beg God to show you the way.

that reminds me of this great song!

"Show Me The Way" lyrics
Styx Lyrics
"Show Me The Way"

Every night I say a prayer in the hope that there's a heaven
But every day I'm more confused as the saints turn into sinners
All the heroes and legends I knew as a child have fallen to idols of clay
And I feel this empty place inside, so afraid that I've lost my faith

Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Please, show me the way

And as I slowly drift to sleep, for a moment dreams are sacred
I close my eyes and know there's peace in a world so filled with hatred
Then I wake up each morning and turn on the news to find we've so far to go
And I keep on hoping for a sign, so afraid I just won't know

Bring me tonight to the mountain
And take my confusion away
And show me the way

And if I see your light, should I believe
Tell me how will I know

Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away

Give me the strength and the courage
To believe that I'll get there someday
And please show me the way

Every night I say a prayer in the hopes that there's a heaven...

I am romantic, I want there to be a god. But, fist hand experience leads me to believe it's all just random stuff that just happens. Little babies get cancer, children's hospital in Denver has a hall lined with plagues with little kid's hand prints and childish writing. It takes your breath away. Suffer the little children...really? Were is GOD and his mercy?

Forum List

Back