I have to admit I'm biased against the British and as I get older my bias grows stronger

Britain is a lovely country and I find their accents to be positively delightful.

It's gotten to the point where I find it hard to sit through movies or TV shows set in Great Britain, there are so many of them they flood the channels I subscribe to.

I find the British accent annoying to the extreme.

It doesn't help that so many British people are openly hostile to the Christian religion in a way you don't see in the United States.

Sometimes when I see people talking in that annoying accent I just want to punch them in the face. It's especially annoying when it's an old lady solving murders.
I tend to agree, I find most British TV and movies to be boring

No doubt, American English is superior and easier to understand. Some Scottish and Irish is almost incomprehensible

That's where yours came from. The rhotic R.

And this country bumpkins in Norfolk.

I hate how british media is dominated by trash like Murdoch and his mates.

The British media is dominated by lefty hypocrites.
Like the Mail and the Sun and so on.
a3a14fe109e718f7139aac8ec8c390f7f614690b_1_500x500.jpg

Keep grinding your axe.

My guess is that the OP, and some of the others in this thread, don't actually know any Brits in the real world...

My ex-wife is a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

My ex-mother-in-law is a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

My ex-girlfriend, mother of my second child is half a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

My ex-girlfriend's mother who refuses to die is a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

The terribly annoying, patronizing, and contemptuous sales manager at my company is a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

The terribly annoying, patronizing, contemptuous married whore mongering (yes, seriously) sales manager before the other one at my company is a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

Tommy posts here, he's a Brit... still I have know issues with them.

Most of the Brits I know in the real world are delightful folks I enjoy hanging out with, drinking with, and talking with... and I've got more reasons to dislike the bloody sods than anyone posting in this thread.

My guess is that the OP, and some of the others in this thread, don't actually know any Brits in the real world...

My ex-girlfriend, mother of my second child is half a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

My ex-girlfriend's mother who refuses to die is a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

The terribly annoying, patronizing, and contemptuous sales manager at my company is a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

The terribly annoying, patronizing, contemptuous married whore mongering (yes, seriously) sales manager before the other one at my company is a Brit... I still have no issues with them.

Most of the Brits I know in the real world are delightful folks I enjoy hanging out with, drinking with, and talking with... and I've got more reasons to dislike the bloody sods than anyone posting in this thread.

Half a Brit?

Half a Brit?

Her dad was American, she was born in the states.

Half a Brit?

Her dad was American, she was born in the states.

Americans have all mixed up ethnic diversity in their DNA.

Back to the topic, I just started watching a movie. As soon as people started talking, it turned out it was a British movie. The accents are so annoying, it's ruining my enjoyment of the movie. It's hard to believe people really talk like this, and no one notices how annoying it is.

Why do so many American movies insist on British accents? LOTR, for example.

Frodo does a good one.
What gets me is they use British accents to represent Romans, French, German and any other foreign nation

It's gotten to the point where I find it hard to sit through movies or TV shows set in Great Britain, there are so many of them they flood the channels I subscribe to.

It doesn't help that so many British people are openly hostile to the Christian religion in a way you don't see in the United States.

Sometimes when I see people talking in that annoying accent I just want to punch them in the face. It's especially annoying when it's an old lady solving murders.

No doubt, American English is superior and easier to understand. Some Scottish and Irish is almost incomprehensible

Americans pronounce words better than the British do
It a more pure representation of the language

Sounds like an old white guy is feeling xenophobic this morning.

Is anyone surprised?

No?

Me neither.

The Queen is the worst of them. She lives in a giant castle, gets driven around in a Rolls Royce, eats the best food, and all she has to do is cut ribbons and wave at parades.
The Queen and the Royal family bring in more in tourist dollars than they spend, which BTW is their OWN money.
Guess how many people would LOVE to punch an american in the face b/c of their accent and the way they act when visiting other countries.
I've seen american backpackers sew Canadian flags on their packs to pretend they aren't american. How fucked up is that?

The Queen is the worst of them. She lives in a giant castle, gets driven around in a Rolls Royce, eats the best food, and all she has to do is cut ribbons and wave at parades.
The Queen and the Royal family bring in more in tourist dollars than they spend, which BTW is their OWN money.
Guess how many people would LOVE to punch an american in the face b/c of their accent and the way they act when visiting other countries.
I've seen american backpackers sew Canadian flags on their packs to pretend they aren't american. How fucked up is that?
We saved their ass in WWII

Americans pronounce words better than the British do
It a more pure representation of the language

My ex-wife was from Norwich in Norfolk...

Here's a story about the British.

I'm part of a writer's group here in America. We critique each other's stories, and encourage each other's ambitions to publish. That seems NORMAL doesn't it, encouraging each other?

Well, it isn't, apparently.

A few years ago, I was part of an aspiring writer's group on the internet which was based in UK. I told them I wanted to make money publishing my work, and the reaction was so over-the-top negative and discouraging that I stopped writing for many years afterwards.

Forum List

Back