I just joined the elite.

I got a plan, but wood prices have to come down first.

Gonna get some styrofoam, too.
Don't wait for wood prices to come down!

Me thinks the price will probably go forever up from this point on.... :(

due to all the wildfires in Canada! I just pray they don't cross the border and burn up the Maine Woods as well!

The writing is on the wall for higher lumber prices!!! imo!

my hubby was thinking the same as you, for a project he's planned and was waiting for prices to come down, but these wildfires have burned millions of acres, reducing supply...which only means higher prices to come!

Don't wait for wood prices to come down!

Me thinks the price will probably go forever up from this point on.... :(

due to all the wildfires in Canada! I just pray they don't cross the border and burn up the Maine Woods as well!

The writing is on the wall for higher lumber prices!!! imo!

my hubby was thinking the same as you, for a project he's planned and was waiting for prices to come down, but these wildfires have burned millions of acres, reducing supply...which only means higher prices to come!
I have some friends and a cousin with trees and acres, and renting a sawmill or I even know a guy with a sawmill is affordable.

Pressure treating is a different story. I want pressure treated. Have to pay the lumber mill guy.

I have some friends and a cousin with trees and acres, and renting a sawmill or I even know a guy with a sawmill is affordable.

Pressure treating is a different story. I want pressure treated. Have to pay the lumber mill guy.
my neighbor across the Way has 200 acres of woods and whenever he needs wood he cuts his own, stacks it, lets it dry and uses it.... He always has a big ass stack airing, and my other old man neighbor owns a couple of thousand acres and he has a small logging business, well....whenever he needs money he selectively clears the older trees and logger trucks go by on the dirt Way on their way out to the main road making a ruckus!

Unfortunately, begging the neighbors for some give a way gift of lumber won't work for the hubby this time either because he too needs treated wood!

my neighbor across the Way has 200 acres of woods and whenever he needs wood he cuts his own, stacks it, lets it dry and uses it.... He always has a big ass stack airing, and my other old man neighbor owns a couple of thousand acres and he has a small logging business, well....whenever he needs money he selectively clears the older trees and logger trucks go by on the dirt Way on their way out to the main road making a ruckus!

Unfortunately, begging the neighbors for some give a way gift of lumber won't work for the hubby this time either because he too needs treated wood!
Trump can fix that. :D

He fixed the milk problem. :dunno:

Also the fuel problem no president did since Carter messed it up. Biden re-messed that up on day 1.
:rofl::rofl:

Sorry! Ain't taking the bait! I'm ending our conversation on a civil note, which doesn't happen often!

You have a nice day now! :beer:

:rofl::rofl:

Sorry! Ain't taking the bait! I'm ending our conversation on a civil note, which doesn't happen often!

You have a nice day now! :beer:
ded.gif

He fixed the milk problem. :dunno:

Also the fuel problem no president did since Carter messed it up. Biden re-messed that up on day 1.
If you're talking about the strategic fuel reserve you've made the mistake of taking his word for it rather than looking up the actual facts.

Edited.
I have posted this before but in case anyone missed it, this.

First, to set the stage. Taking advantage of off-peak electric rates, I have to reduce my daytime use of electricity. Therefore, I had to shut my ac down at 10 am and not start it up until 9 pm. On a hot day the house would go from 70 degrees at 10 am to nearly 80 degrees by 6-7 pm, making it very uncomfortable. I would run a fan until 9 pm when off peak rates kicked in.

After adding R-49 insulation I can shut the ac off at 7 am and the house stays comfortably cool until I retire at around 10-11 pm. On a day when the temperature reaches 90 degrees the house only gains 4-5 degrees from 7 am until 10 pm.

Even I, who isn't surprised by much, was pleasantly surprised by the incredible efficiency of adequate insulation. :)

If you're talking about the strategic fuel reserve you've made the mistake of taking his word for it rather than looking up the actual facts.

That's awful!
How much oil in the reserve today?

No moron, I'm talking about artificially high fuel prices from 1976-2016.

No moron, I'm talking about artificially high fuel prices from 1976-2016.
Artificially high due to what? OPEC hostility to the US?

The 73 Oil Embargo was in response to US support of Israel in the 73 Arab-Israeli was which was the policy decision of one Richard Milhouse Nixon, not Jimmy Carter.

Artificially high due to what? OPEC hostility to the US?

The 73 Oil Embargo was in response to US support of Israel in the 73 Arab-Israeli was which was the policy decision of one Richard Milhouse Nixon, not Jimmy Carter.
Carter stopped pumping oil in America. You may as well STFU now because I lived through this. All of it.

Nixon didn't stop pumping oil, Carter did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back