I just signed up for Obamacare

They called it Caresourse(coverage with Heart). Silver plan 58 dollars a month.

You want an award or something?

no, I'm just happy I can save money and get rid my crappy employee based healthcare.

Did you read the fine print? Actually it's not fine print, it's in CAPS!

https://www.caresource.com/documents/just4me-solicitation-document/

WARNING: IF YOU OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS ARE COVERED BY MORE THAN ONE HEALTH CARE PLAN, YOU MAY NOT BE
ABLE TO COLLECT BENEFITS FROM BOTH PLANS. EACH PLAN MAY REQUIRE YOU TO FOLLOW ITS RULES OR USE SPECIFIC
DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS, AND IT MAY BE IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLY WITH BOTH PLANS AT THE SAME TIME. BEFORE YOU
ENROLL IN THIS PLAN, READ ALL OF THE RULES VERY CAREFULLY AND COMPARE THEM WITH THE RULES.

It also said I would be eligible for a monthly tax credit of 200 dollars.

So are you in effect getting paid 142 a month for signing up?

My deductible is a 1000 dollars, and I am fairly healthy so if I don't have major illness I should come out okay.

Welcome to your world. At $58.00 a month--you have to wonder how much your next door neighbor is paying for your insurance bill.

Lucky YOU--unfortunately--Obamacare is nothing more than a sucker punch to the working middle class of this country. The have's paying for the have-not's. IOW--Those that don't get subsidizes--or are eligible for Medicaid--are paving the way for lots of freebee's--to lower incomes. These people aren't rich--the rich can afford any type of policy. These people are middle incomes--that are seeing their premiums double to triple as to what they were paying.

A good look at what is going on in Blue State Pennsylvania in one small business--who's employees probably wished their state didn't vote for Obama.

Last edited by a moderator:
You bring home $800 a week, yet "It also said I would be eligible for a monthly tax credit of 200 dollars." Can you explain that?

I low balled my income a little so it my be a little less but that is what the website said. I have not confirmed it yet so nothing is official. They are supposed to email me.

Did they give you a date to pay for your coverage, did you get an extension? What happens when they find out you low balled your income, A penalty? Curious

Well it's not official yet, I applied today but they were busy and took my email. I have not paid anything yet.

They called it Caresourse(coverage with Heart). Silver plan 58 dollars a month.

You want an award or something?

no, I'm just happy I can save money and get rid my crappy employee based healthcare.

Did you read the fine print? Actually it's not fine print, it's in CAPS!

https://www.caresource.com/documents/just4me-solicitation-document/

WARNING: IF YOU OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS ARE COVERED BY MORE THAN ONE HEALTH CARE PLAN, YOU MAY NOT BE
ABLE TO COLLECT BENEFITS FROM BOTH PLANS. EACH PLAN MAY REQUIRE YOU TO FOLLOW ITS RULES OR USE SPECIFIC
DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS, AND IT MAY BE IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLY WITH BOTH PLANS AT THE SAME TIME. BEFORE YOU
ENROLL IN THIS PLAN, READ ALL OF THE RULES VERY CAREFULLY AND COMPARE THEM WITH THE RULES.

Thank you. I'm planning on canceling my employee coverage. They take $ 67 out of my check a week.

Are you proud of the fact you're a grown man and can't pay to take care of yourself, but depend on others to pay for your healthcare?....Just wondering what kind of work you do, make more than min. wage and work 40 hours? Curious!

Are you receiving SS and Medicare?

He and his employer paid into social security and medicare for his entire working life. You didn't pay into a fund your entire life--so that you could obtain insurance paid for by your next door neighbor.

Do YOU realize how screwed up Obamacare is? Right now there are people who have diamonds--hundreds of thousands invested into classic cars--own million dollar homes--and simply because they show no earned or investment income from the previous year--are getting thrown into Medicade? How many seniors (under 65) had a bad year in the stock market, and didn't make that much in investment income--but are considered wealthy and are being forced into Medicaid under Obamacare? That's how SCREWED up Obamacare is.
ObamaCare forcing people into Medicaid | Fox News

Others are lying about their income to get subsidized lower insurance.

If your income rises in the future--do they plan on booting you around from policy to policy? The answer to that is YES--I know I asked. If you make more money than you reported to get this subsidy--you will be audited by the IRS.

The IRS is a HUGE part of Obamacare--and never has anyone had a problem buying medical insurance--and making their own choices until this POS law came into place.

Last edited:
So are you in effect getting paid 142 a month for signing up?

My deductible is a 1000 dollars, and I am fairly healthy so if I don't have major illness I should come out okay.

Welcome to your world. At $58.00 a month--you have to wonder how much your next door neighbor is paying for your insurance bill.

Lucky YOU--unfortunately--Obamacare is nothing more than a sucker punch to the working middle class of this country. The have's paying for the have-not's. IOW--Those that don't get subsidizes--or are eligible for Medicaid--are paving the way for lots of freebee's--to lower incomes. These people aren't rich--the rich can afford any type of policy. These people are middle incomes--that are seeing their premiums double to triple as to what they were paying.

A good look at what is going on in Blue State Pennsylvania in one small business--who's employees probably wished their state didn't vote for Obama.

[]

I didn't even bother looking on the Heath Exchange because I thought it would be more expensive then my employee coverage. When I saw 58 dollars I jumped on it. It is not as good on major illness as my employee plan but....

I low balled my income a little so it my be a little less but that is what the website said. I have not confirmed it yet so nothing is official. They are supposed to email me.

Did they give you a date to pay for your coverage, did you get an extension? What happens when they find out you low balled your income, A penalty? Curious

Well it's not official yet, I applied today but they were busy and took my email. I have not paid anything yet.

Last I heard, if you didn't PAY by today, you don't have it, and are subject to the penalty, they may have changed it, as they've changed this damn thing over 30 times already, but I would certainly check tomorrow!

I'm paying for private insurance. How is that not taking care of myself? I bring home about 800 a week.

You bring home $800 a week, yet "It also said I would be eligible for a monthly tax credit of 200 dollars." Can you explain that?

they didnt ask for verification

Last I heard, if you didn't PAY by today, you don't have it, and are subject to the penalty, they may have changed it, as they've changed this damn thing over 30 times already, but I would certainly check tomorrow!

The way I understand is you just have to start the process today.

The way I understand is you just have to start the process today.
If you started today, you have until April 15 to complete it.

they didnt ask for verification

I gave them my name and info and hit apply, they said i'm logged in but too busy to process and they would email me when I can complete my application.

might want to check the deductible again

the silver plan is 3500 not a 1000

and that is before the co payments kick in

Forum List

Back