I know, I know, this has been around...and it maybe made up ...but IT is still VALID!

I know, I know, this has been around...and it maybe made up ...but IT is still VALID!​

There is another version of this, and it has been around even longer:

Yes, yes, I admit I am a liar, but still, hear me out!​

We need to abandon supply side economic theories once and for all

Give money to the wealthy and they will just keep it

Our society used to indulge in grand projects .....build roads, help the poor.....put a man on the moon

Now, we run on austerity while our wealthy become richer
44698394_2169872696666380_4194963341904445440_n.jpg

Some shit that isn't made up: This Is the No. 1 Reason Americans File for Bankruptcy

According to the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), more than a quarter of U.S. adults struggle to pay their medical bills. This includes folks who have insurance, whether independently or through an employer. In fact, medical debt is the No. 1 source of personal bankruptcy filings in the U.S., and in 2014, an estimated 40% of Americans racked up debt resulting from a medical issue.
Good point. And all of the people who get stiffed (Usually at the upper end of the income ladder.) in the bankruptcy process should count in the healthcare cost.

Right and the middle and working class have been shrinking.

Explain to me how come the GDP has grown from 1929 of $1.109 Trillion in inflation adjusted to $18.051 Trillion in 2017 inflation adjusted.
Explain how this growth of 17% a YEAR since 1929 in inflation adjusted occurred.. even though the population has grown by less than 2%?

Explain how come in 1890, there were about 4,000 millionaires in the United States, Google Answers: statistics on millionaires, late 1800s

In other words, $1,000,000 in 1900 is equivalent in purchasing power to $29,180,952.38 in 2017, a difference of $28,180,952.38 over 117 years.
$1,000,000 in 1900 → 2017 | Inflation Calculator

How many people in the USA have net worth over $25 million today?

There were 172,000 households with net worth above $25 million... The Number of High-Net-Worth Households in the US Continues to Grow - Marketing Charts

So in the 128 years since 1890 there are 1,312 times as many millionaires. Again explain how that has happened?
Just over half (52%) of American adults lived in middle-class households in 2016, up slightly from 51% in 2011, but down from 54% in 2001 and 61% in 1971,
The shrinking of America’s middle class has finally ground to a halt

Finally I just find it so funny that people like you and your ilk are so afraid of competition. You want everyone to share equally regardless of intelligence, heritage, drive or education.
You and your ilk think the perfect world would be where everyone was equal in every way. Right?
How bland. How truly inhuman. Our genetic code thrived on competition. Yet you want to bring everyone down to your level rather than raise people up as has been done
in the above example.
Please explain why your method of robbing the people that worked hard for their successes is better?
I have no desire to discuss the economy of 1929 to today..it is irrelevant

No question there are more millionaires. There is also a wider gap between the very rich and the working class. The worker gets a smaller and smaller percent of our GDP even though productivity has increased.
The worker today has less bargaining power with his employer and our government is contributing to that

real-gdp-per-capita-median-weekly-earnings-1980-2013.png

And there was a definite decline in median wages under Obama as this chart shows.
You really don't believe that statements like these that Obama made helped the economy do you?
FRED Graph | FRED | St. Louis Fed

View attachment 230068
No way will any business grow when rules and regulations consume nearly $1.2 trillion of the GDP yearly just in compliance.
I mean ACA was a perfect example:
Obamacare required an employer with 50 or more employees to have group insurance plan, Obama never understood that the employer would be faced
when the employer wanted to hire another employee to the 49 employees it would cost an employer an average of $284/month per employee.
50 employees times $284 equals $14,200 more per month.

Solution: Hire two part-time employees. No need to spend $14,200/month

As a result
A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.
The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields.
shows that the proportion of workers throughout the U.S., during the Obama era, who were working in these kinds of temporary jobs, increased from 10.7% of the population to 15.8%.
Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract

So certainly that kept Median wages in decline starting in 2008...

View attachment 230069
Nobody is claiming that the trend which started under Reagan did not continue under Obama

We are claiming that working Americans are being squeezed out of our prosperity and our government continues to help those who are already making obscene profits

So it seems that the original premise of the founding fathers...i.e. independence. Self-reliance. Freedom to advance at your own pace is what you want to replace.
It seems also that labor unions were your major angst against Reagan and the rest of us that favor self-determination and reliance on our own intelligence, hard work and replace it with co-op, union dependency which you favor.
Using my own and my Father's union experiences (both of us were union members) which are certainly subjective and biased against unions' protectionism that favored
keeping everyone on a same basis...i.e. socialized we found it chaffing to work the full 8 hours while we watched other union members slough off and yet still be protected.
We found our personal experiences frustrating that the unions' contracts were totally slanted towards screwing the employers.
Personal experience on my part is as a utility working repairing pallets one day I had opportunity to work on NEW lumber pallets. My foreman came around later in the day
telling me to stop as the union steward said "only carpenters under the union contract allowed to work on new lumber"!
Think about that nuance. I could repair old pallets with new lumber but when it came to "new pallets" i.e. new lumber only carpenters!
Stupid idiotic union got away with that because the employers didn't want a strike.
Here is a specific non anecdotal illustration of why auto makers for one went off shore under encouragement by our "globalists" presidents!
Unions have also displayed a territorial bent that borders on absurdity.

A Wausau, Wis., public employee union stopped an 86-year-old resident from being a volunteer crossing guard. WAOW-TV reported that union representatives didn’t want the man volunteering because it weakened their case to hire a unionized worker instead.

In another case, a Racine, Wis., public employee filed a grievance because inmates were cutting the grass free of charge.
The union worker claimed it was the “right” for government workers to cut the grass, according to the Racine Journal Times.
Wisconsin's Most Outrageous Examples of Union Collective Bargaining

Union Rules were Harder to Digest than Twinkies | Zero Hedge | Zero Hedge
As most people know by now, Hostess Brands - the maker of such American junk food staples as Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Wonderbread - announced last week that it had failed to come to terms with the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union and its 5000 striking members, and thus would enter Chapter 11 bankruptcy to unwind the company, sell off its assets and eliminate 18,500 US jobs.
The latest news is that Hostess and the union have agreed to enter into mediation in an attempt to prevent the company's dissolution, but Hostess Brands' story remains a very useful example of how government regulations can impose huge costs on US businesses and either drive them offshore or out of business entirely.
Scott Lincicome: Hostess Brands: A Case Study in Government Burdens and Global (Un)competitiveness

"Take grass cutting. As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners,
but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages as any auto line-worker:
an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's
total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."
what is the average hourly wage of a UAW auto worker?

All examples of the idiocy of labor unions and THEN... THEN... the total gall and audacity of labor unions to TAKE MY union dues and donate to Democrats!

68 percent of registered voters say they are concerned that public employee unions have too much influence over politicians who, when elected, must negotiate with these groups. (FOX News Poll conducted by Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) | March 14-16, 2011)
89 percent of private and government union employees agree that union workers should have the right to know how their dues money is being spent and believe the Department of Labor should disclose union spending on the Internet to ensure accountability. (The Word Doctors | October 26-28, 2010)
69 percent of private and government union employees believe union officials need to stop spending union dues on partisan politics and invest it in creating more jobs, as well as focus on the membership, not the elections. (The Word Doctors | October 26-28, 2010)
Use of members’ money for political goals was second only to corruption as the reasons Americansdisapproved of unions, according to a 2004 Zogby poll.
That poll also found that 63 percent of all employees, and 61 percent of unionized employees, agreed that union members shouldn’t be forced to contribute.
A McLaughlin & Associates poll indicated that 67 percent of workers were unaware of their right to withhold mandatory dues for politics.
Union FactsUse of Dues for Politics - Union Facts

I love your right wing fantasy castigating and blaming unions for the plight of the American workers, but the bald fact is that Reagan's war on the unions was the beginning of wage stagnation for workers, and the decline and the destruction of the working class. Not only did the Republicans cheer the destruction of the unions, they actually promised workers a big raise once they no longer had to pay union dues, and workers would now get raises based on merit, unlike with unions where everyone got a raise no matter how lazy, etc.

Except that none of the stuff that Reagan and the Republicans promised would happen once workersPeo got rid of the corrupt unions, ever happened. Nobody got raises. People in our working class neighbourhood went five years without raises, but their bosses all went on cruises, bought new mansions, Harley Davidsons and a new BMW.

Raises based on merit? You must be joking. My neighbour complains to me daily that he shows up to his job early every day, changes into his work clothes, finishes his coffee and he's in the yard by 7:00. Other guys show up at 7:00 and it's 7:20 when they finish changing and get to the yard. While doing inventory on a bitterly cold day, each were assigned sections of the yard to count. When the workers got cold they were free to go inside and warm up. My neighbour finished his investory in an hour. The young guy he works with (a nephew of one of the women who works in the office), spent all day counting inventory in the section he was assigned. Guess who gets paid more? Everyone you know has the same stories.

People who ask for raises are told "this is what the job pays". You don't like it, find another job. Because of off-shoring, there's no shortgage of people with high school level skills who can do the job, so there's no necessity to offer more money.

Unions and worker friendly legislation built the American middle class, but Reagan convinced people like you that things would be better when people like us could compete for our raises. The right lied. Getting rid of unions and worker protections just means that companies paid less and less, or at least, not more, until corporations today have labour costs that haven't been this low, as a percentage of costs, since the Gilded Age - the time that gave rise to unions in the first place.

American workers make the least, as a percentage of profits, of any workers in the first world. Republicans will tell you you can't afford living wages or government funded health care, mandated vacations and maternity leaves, but the rest of the world affords it AND we're kicking your ass competitively.

A comparison of Canada to USA from:The World Factbook - Central Intelligence Agency

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.40.22 AM.png

Some shit that isn't made up: This Is the No. 1 Reason Americans File for Bankruptcy

According to the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), more than a quarter of U.S. adults struggle to pay their medical bills. This includes folks who have insurance, whether independently or through an employer. In fact, medical debt is the No. 1 source of personal bankruptcy filings in the U.S., and in 2014, an estimated 40% of Americans racked up debt resulting from a medical issue.
Good point. And all of the people who get stiffed (Usually at the upper end of the income ladder.) in the bankruptcy process should count in the healthcare cost.

And yet people like you DEFEND the people that cause nearly 1/3 of health care expenses to be unnecessary and you won't comment!
Even though the people telling you they are doing it and you won't do anything about it!
This stupidity by people like you to defend lawyers that are causing this waste is unfathomable.
Just because you people don't seem to understand if this was reduced by 1/3 or $300 billion HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUMS under states' laws would be reduced!
All states regulate health insurance premiums and companies simply pay these bills and pass on to you!
DefensiveMedicine110618.png

Unions and worker friendly legislation built the American middle class, but Reagan convinced people like you that things would be better when people like us could compete for our raises. The right lied. Getting rid of unions and worker protections just means that companies paid less and less, or at least, not more, until corporations today have labour costs that haven't been this low, as a percentage of costs, since the Gilded Age - the time that gave rise to unions in the first place.
:clap2:
The War on Labor Unions – Part 1
With a Union, workers had a chance

Now they are at the mercy of corporate greed

And yet people like you DEFEND the people that cause nearly 1/3 of health care expenses to be unnecessary and you won't comment!
Even though the people telling you they are doing it and you won't do anything about it!
This stupidity by people like you to defend lawyers that are causing this waste is unfathomable.
Just because you people don't seem to understand if this was reduced by 1/3 or $300 billion HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUMS under states' laws would be reduced!
All states regulate health insurance premiums and companies simply pay these bills and pass on to you!
View attachment 230369
Complete nonsense

View attachment 230369

View attachment 230369
Complete nonsense

PROVE IT!
Ignorant people like you totally seem oblivious to what the medical community faces almost all the time!
The average physician spends over 10 percent of his or her career consumed in defense of an open malpractice claim.
For the average neurosurgeon, that number is 25%—that’s a quarter of a career dealing with the intense emotional stress of defending your reputation and livelihood.
U.S. Doctors Spend Too Much Time Getting Sued

Where is YOUR links showing it is complete NONSENSE when almost everything I've provided has the links to prove it!
Think about ! If you spent 25% of your time dealing with legal issues questioning your skill sets, etc. wouldn't you be prone to having duplicate tests, etc. being done to defend your
decisions? That's what physicians do daily!
A recent study in the Annals of Family Medicine used the (electronic Medical Records) E.M.R. to examine the work of 142 family medicine physicians over three years.
These doctors spent more than half of their time — six hours of their average 11-hour day — on the E.M.R., of which nearly an hour and a half took place after the clinic closed.Nov 14, 2017 Primary Care Doctors Spending 6 Hours Daily on EHR Data Entry

Last edited:
How many times do you idiots have to be told!
A) Defensive Medicine costs $1 trillion a year.
B) It is the wasted duplicate tests so doctors can prevent being frivolously sued and spending nearly 25% of their time defending themselves.
C) Tax lawyers like ACA taxed tanning salons 10% and watch the $1 trillion in defensive medicine drop.
D) Declining medical claim payments means declining premiums!
E) States' insurance regulators will require lower premiums if less money going out in claims.

B) It is the wasted duplicate tests so doctors can prevent being frivolously sued and spending nearly 25% of their time defending themselves.
C) Tax lawyers like ACA taxed tanning salons 10% and watch the $1 trillion in defensive medicine drop.
E) States' insurance regulators will require lower premiums if less money going out in claims.
Litigation protects patients from a healthcare industry built around obscene profits

Litigation protects patients from a healthcare industry built around obscene profits
Right... that's what I figured people like you ignorantly THINK!!!
You look on at as a Lottery! Get sick. Sue the doctor. Settle out of court!
Right... all the while the insurance companies simply raise the premiums. They don't care.
BUT YOU should! THINK about what you said.
YOU want all doctors to be seconded guessed. To double, triple health care costs. Makes NO sense!

Take more third worlders in... they vote for that stuff in spades. Makes sense to take from the productive so they can continue making more babies.

This is the recipe of how to destroy a successful society. Grow balls and say no.

Right... all the while the insurance companies simply raise the premiums. They don't care.
YOU want all doctors to be seconded guessed. To double, triple health care costs. Makes NO sense!
I do not envy those who receive big medical settlements

It means they had to go through a lot of suffering and have lasting damage

I prefer to be healthy

I prefer to be healthy

NO it doesn't as 1/3rd of the lawsuits are frivolous!

Plaintiff attorneys and other self-proclaimed protectors of the public assert that frivolous lawsuits are the exception, rarely result in awards, and point to the prevalence of medical errors and/or miscreant insurance companies as the cause of high medical malpractice insurance premiums.
In their study, the authors determine that in over 33 percent of the claims, there was no medical error, and readily point out in most of these, the claimant did not receive any compensation, either in the form of a settlement or court judgment. According to the authors' findings, defense costs represent less than 20 percent of the total direct expenditures associated with medical malpractice.

Meritless cases must be investigated and defended resulting in the outlay of what is known as allocated loss adjustment expenses (ALAE).
According to information from the Physicians Insurers Association of America (PIAA), an organization consisting of many of the physician-owned liability insurers, of the more than 10,000 claims closed in 2005, only 24 percent of these cases had an indemnity payment.
Yet, the ALAE paid for those claims totaled more than $172 million, averaging almost $21,000 in expenses per meritless claim.

Medical Malpractice: The High Cost of Meritless Claims | Expert Commentary | IRMI.com

I prefer to be healthy

Plaintiff attorneys and other self-proclaimed protectors of the public assert that frivolous lawsuits are the exception, rarely result in awards, and point to the prevalence of medical errors and/or miscreant insurance companies as the cause of high medical malpractice insurance premiums.
In their study, the authors determine that in over 33 percent of the claims, there was no medical error, and readily point out in most of these, the claimant did not receive any compensation, either in the form of a settlement or court judgment. According to the authors' findings, defense costs represent less than 20 percent of the total direct expenditures associated with medical malpractice.

Meritless cases must be investigated and defended resulting in the outlay of what is known as allocated loss adjustment expenses (ALAE).
According to information from the Physicians Insurers Association of America (PIAA), an organization consisting of many of the physician-owned liability insurers, of the more than 10,000 claims closed in 2005, only 24 percent of these cases had an indemnity payment.
Yet, the ALAE paid for those claims totaled more than $172 million, averaging almost $21,000 in expenses per meritless claim.

Medical Malpractice: The High Cost of Meritless Claims | Expert Commentary | IRMI.com
No...... 1/3 of cases are not frivolous

Lawsuits keep the medical profession honest. Otherwise, they would just play the odds and if you lose...... cost of doing business

I prefer to be healthy

No...... 1/3 of cases are not frivolous

Lawsuits keep the medical profession honest. Otherwise, they would just play the odds and if you lose...... cost of doing business

Newsflash...when you post something that "may be made up" it is by definition...NOT valid
Then I guess you want the mueller investigation to stop because it is invalid and you want to remove a lot of your posts too for the same reason. It is kinda like the rehash of emoluments from the first in the Constitution as they relate to Trump.

Forum List

Back