I laugh so hard I hurt myself

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
It's true. When something strikes me as truly funny, like SNL Celebrity Jeopardy, or the airbag scene in "Neighbors", I laugh so hard I'll have to rewind the show because I missed the next minute or two, or in a really bad case, 5 minutes. I think the Jim Carrey plunger scene in "Pet Detective" set my personal record

It started in college. First it was "Holy Grail" -- I had to watch the movie about 5 or 6 times before I could actually say I saw the whole thing, that's how bad the laughing fits were.

Then, I went to a Comedy Club and one of the comics totally doubled me over. He wondered who in the crowd was laughing like that, because it's infectious and the other people in the audience liked it as well, so he came up to me after and asked if I was for hire. That cracked me up too. Can you imagine had I hired myself out as a Professional Laugher?

I saw the Holy Grail at the theater when released.I collected every memorabilia I could find along with companion books, just to know the whole movie, since I missed to much laughing..

I'm just the opposite.
I absolutely LOVE comedy.
I had all of Steve Martin's records, Richard Pryor, Cheech&Chong, George Carlin, Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy.
I could do any one of any of their routines by heart.
But I mostly just smile. Only an occasional chuckle. Full blown laughter is rare.
Also remembering the many late nights staying up to watch Night at the Improv. Those guys could snatch a laugh from time to time...Bobcat and Sam Kenison come to mind

It's true. When something strikes me as truly funny, like SNL Celebrity Jeopardy, or the airbag scene in "Neighbors", I laugh so hard I'll have to rewind the show because I missed the next minute or two, or in a really bad case, 5 minutes. I think the Jim Carrey plunger scene in "Pet Detective" set my personal record

It started in college. First it was "Holy Grail" -- I had to watch the movie about 5 or 6 times before I could actually say I saw the whole thing, that's how bad the laughing fits were.

Then, I went to a Comedy Club and one of the comics totally doubled me over. He wondered who in the crowd was laughing like that, because it's infectious and the other people in the audience liked it as well, so he came up to me after and asked if I was for hire. That cracked me up too. Can you imagine had I hired myself out as a Professional Laugher?

I believe the last three words of your title!!!

I'm just the opposite.
I had all of Steve Martin's records, Richard Pryor, Cheech&Chong, George Carlin, Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy.
But I mostly just smile. Only an occasional chuckle. Full blown laughter is rare.
Also remembering the many late nights staying up to watch Night at the Improv. Those guys could snatch a laugh from time to time...Bobcat and Sam Kenison come to mind
I have this entire collection.

I'm just the opposite.
I have this entire collection.

I try to tell my younger employees about these guys. But they've only seen comedy central roasts.
Foster Brooks was the bestest

My most recently laugh attack was while watching The Glades for the first time a couple of months ago through the show's DVDs. To me the lead actor, Matt Passmore, is such a crack up in it! :D :D :D

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Why did the A&E station have to cancel the show???!!!

Forum List

Back